This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

1 hour ago, jenius said:

So does that mean it's coming soon?

Usually when these reviewers get their hands on something, the actual release will be within following month.

44 minutes ago, treatment said:

so ummm, what?

image.png.d233a6b2e8eb48c9aee22a778d22ec22.png

why?

😕

Must have fell off or something. Pre-production copies after all.   

Edited by MKT

1 hour ago, Froy said:

That is an absolute miss handling

Why people don't like to read/follow instructions?

20230823_222033.gif.09c86206c043ab609d029ce1670184fa.gif

You assume that the instructions are actually clear and comprehensible.  If this is anything like any of the third-party transformers I've bought, I expect they come with an A4 sheet folded in half three times with a 5-step transformation. :lol: 

4 hours ago, Froy said:

That is an absolute miss handling

Why people don't like to read/follow instructions?

20230823_222033.gif.09c86206c043ab609d029ce1670184fa.gif

Unfortunately this is really how you pop the chest for battroid on the Valkyrie Factory KOs. There are slight differences on the mold and the chest tabs into the light proturions? INCREDIBLY securely, the tabs are much wider and thicker. The way the chest and everything locks is slightly different :( (I assume because of inaccuracies to the mold) it doesn't lock by the metal plate to the chest, popping the front metal plate off the chest does NOT pop everything off. The hip bar lock to the back for battroid is even missing, so the back and chest doesn't lock together tightly, only relying on friction on the hingesOverall the fit and finish of the KOs are quite horrible.

Source: I have a KO Roy Focker VF-1S Super Strike

PXL_20230608_090945824.jpg.cdd5e789f9032a6a684cad5e316d2f14.jpg

Edited by PvtPrivate

More info on my experience with the KO's

• My DYRL box missiles doesn't even tab into the wings, the peg is too thick
  • The TV missiles are glued to the pylons because the pegs tolerance are bad and is loose (without glue the missiles falls right off the pylons) and the peg to the wings is undersized, so it fits loosely to the wings
  • Grainy texture on some of the plastic surface (most noticeable on the legs)
  • They misassembled the legs, the ratchet joints are installed reversed (left joint is installed on the right leg and right joint installed on the left leg)
  • ALL pegs are loose
    • legs does not tab securely to the backpack
    • arms does not tab securely together
    • arms does not tab securely to the back on fighter mode (this gets frustrating with the super parts on)
  • The hip swivel joint is missing a part, ergo loose
  • Hip swing bar lock on the back is missing (or undersized, maybe mine sheared off after multiple transformations).
    • You can even see on the reviews the back does not lock into the front, causing gaps when using the cavity filler
      • image.png.629cbf167e5a88eabeaf8164dbb29265.png
  • Chest locks together differently compared to yamato/arcadia, they rely completely on the chest to the back light protrusions. The metal plate does not lock into the chest, relying only on the hinge friction, this makes the nose/front section to flop up n down.
    • In the review, when he is snapping the chest off, you can see the metal plate is already "popped off" (they do not pop-in in the KOs), if this is a yamato/arcadia, the chest should easily pop off from the back already.
      • image.png.dc67a05b3dbbc21414fc8457c65338c3.png
Edited by PvtPrivate

7 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Why are we talking KO Transformers here? That KO Jetfire is not Robotech:angry: Let's only talk KO veritech's for us Harmony Gold fans.

It looks like a Macross to me at least all the Macross logos imply that plus a pilot that transformers don't have.

6 hours ago, PvtPrivate said:

More info on my experience with the KO's

• My DYRL box missiles doesn't even tab into the wings, the peg is too thick
  • The TV missiles are glued to the pylons because the pegs tolerance are bad and is loose (without glue the missiles falls right off the pylons) and the peg to the wings is undersized, so it fits loosely to the wings
  • Grainy texture on some of the plastic surface (most noticeable on the legs)
  • They misassembled the legs, the ratchet joints are installed reversed (left joint is installed on the right leg and right joint installed on the left leg)
  • ALL pegs are loose
    • legs does not tab securely to the backpack
    • arms does not tab securely together
    • arms does not tab securely to the back on fighter mode (this gets frustrating with the super parts on)
  • The hip swivel joint is missing a part, ergo loose
  • Hip swing bar lock on the back is missing (or undersized, maybe mine sheared off after multiple transformations).
    • You can even see on the reviews the back does not lock into the front, causing gaps when using the cavity filler
      • image.png.629cbf167e5a88eabeaf8164dbb29265.png
  • Chest locks together differently compared to yamato/arcadia, they rely completely on the chest to the back light protrusions. The metal plate does not lock into the chest, relying only on the hinge friction, this makes the nose/front section to flop up n down.
    • In the review, when he is snapping the chest off, you can see the metal plate is already "popped off" (they do not pop-in in the KOs), if this is a yamato/arcadia, the chest should easily pop off from the back already.
      • image.png.dc67a05b3dbbc21414fc8457c65338c3.png

Thank you I'm going to cancel my preorder as it really sounds like a bad knockoff, big difference between a 3rd party with there own design vs. This it must be a poorly scanned knockoff with no attempt to have the quality its pretending to be. Sounds like no one got Yamatos molds just a hack with some scan tools and no desire to perfect it. I would be better off just making a custom Bandai 1/48 version or sticking with KC at least they are original. $150 for a toy you described is at double what it's worth. $75 dollar toy to me. Maybe the stand is were the value is?

1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

NO! we all go watch @jenius reviews and transformation videos! :rofl:

Yeah, the KO VF-1 was my first ever V2 VF-1, and since the KOs does not include any instructions whatsoever, naturally used @jenius's transformation videos. When I get to gerwalk to battroid I panicked HARD, because following the usual method of popping the chest off like in @jenius's video does not work. Eventually i pulled down the entire chest until SNAP, it finally pegged off. The panic and worry of thinking i broke the toy... Eventually I disassembled the entire valk and found all the issues i mentioned, currently trying to fix all the issues + repainting. When I get it assembled again I might do a video highlighting and demonstrating the issues with it.

Edited by PvtPrivate

7 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

It looks like a Macross to me at least all the Macross logos imply that plus a pilot that transformers don't have.

was kidding^_^ 

(in case) two level joke re: HG and their legal controversy with TF = getting rid of Jetfire likeness to robotech made Skyfire.

Macross legal battle with HG = sky high price imports partial responsible leading fans to buy China KO's of VF's = lower costs.  

Yup!  No instructions or papers of any kind in the KO box.  :search:

The thighs on my VF-1S Hikaru KO have gaps along the front of them.  I cannot do anything to get them to close up.  I never looked into the ratchet joints to see if they are reversed of not as I've never taken apart my Arcadias.  Guess I'll have to look into it.  Thanks for the tip! 

Yeah, I think that chest look might be pretty easy to mitigate by filing down the ridges on the inside of the chest that lock into the shoulder tabs.  They look like they're quite a bit oversized.

I did the same thing with my M&Ms back in the day to keep those ridges from scraping off the white paint on the shoulders, and it never stopped those from holding together fine, but these KOs might be a different story there.

That video though.. I would love to know what's making the thing sit so cock-eyed in the last few seconds.  it doesn't look like anything in particular is wrong, it's just somehow sitting on that mirror at an angle.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 8/17/2023 at 10:23 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

KO YamArcadia V.2 renewed… as JETFIRE.

Deluxe (with extras) or standard.

image.png

I'll be honest, I kinda want this as well. I mean, I have enough old Yamato kits to customize one, but this would take all the time and pain out of making it, and leave those for some other custom.

You're also not going to get a set of fast packs molded in red, so there are other side benefits. ^_^  Assuming they're actually molded, of course.  Even if the figure itself is mostly garbage, I'm betting a fair bit could be salvaged for use with one of the Yamato kits.

I might have to hunt down some Autobot logos to fit him though.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 8/25/2023 at 5:02 AM, PvtPrivate said:

More video on the KOs chest connection problem: (6:55)

Look at that thing flop

Interesting in hindsight i realize i had the same problem. Was never able to separate the chest without the head coming off. I just assumed i was having an off day transforming it. Seeing your video makes me realize it is a fit issue.

19 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Is it too late for Valkyrie Factory to include red TV arm armor or maybe both types of arm armor?

When some shady guy in a trenchcoat is trying to sell you a Rolex in an alleyway at 3am it's impolite to ask about the extended warranty.

so is it confirmed fugu=valkyrie factory or are we thinking "most likely"?  yeah its a bummer the arm armors aren't tv style.  i've never had a valkyrie factory ko valk but i do have a couple of there super/strike parts sets. 

i hope this thing at least can look ok even if it transforms poorly.  the KC one is just....it  just misses the mark aesthetically and hanldes very fiddly.  also a yamato mold based design is preferable to a KC one, again assuming it mostly functions and looks good.

Edited by Mechapilot77

I would like to know why people keep saying they are using Yamato molds this implies they are somehow legit.  it's very unlikely they are using the molds the past reviews prove the differences are too many to be so. It was a toy made from scan toys. Unofficial, unlicenced and not a 3rd party. The toy is a knockoff and the casting molds are knockoffs too. It's at best " Arcadia Scale":D

1 hour ago, DewPoint said:

Actual Yamato molds no. Everything is just a hair bigger. However, it wouldn't be too difficult to get a Yamato assembly kit and base your molds off of that.  :unknw:

I've been generally assuming that's what they did.  As soon as Yamato released the kit versions, it was really easy to get a full picture of all the individual parts.

On 8/29/2023 at 7:33 AM, PvtPrivate said:

I don't think they have the TV arm super parts. Their max and miria VF-1J Super also used DYRL arms

They have the strike cannon though. We know that. I wish they had done that too for this.

22 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

When some shady guy in a trenchcoat is trying to sell you a Rolex in an alleyway at 3am it's impolite to ask about the extended warranty.

I'd sooner expect him to have a strike cannon too.

any more word on who Fugu Model really is?  I pre-ordered this from ShowZStore and I am curious that it says it is due out in Q1 2024, but people already have samples.  I admit that I don't know how this sort of thing works, but if they are sending out samples to youtube reviewers to look at, seems the retail distribution is not far behind.

twich