This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

6 hours ago, twich said:

So, an update……the tracking number that I was given from the seller shows that the item was delivered yesterday, town individual in Anaheim, California.  I Live in Northeast Washington, so only several hundred miles and two states away. I hope that who ever got it enjoys the toy. If it is the real deal and they are on the boards, just let me know it is an actual Macross jet, and not a legoman!

Twich

Oh man!  You can't catch a break! :vava:  Hopefully you two were only given the wrong tracking numbers.  I guess we'll all find out in a few days.  :search:

Gents- short time lurker but long time Macross fan. I too ordered the same ebay special and it's showing the box was delivered to NC- and I'm in Western Washington. I pretty much got the EXACT same form response you folks did apologizing but- no updated tracking number for a new unit. I'll give him a few more days and likely submit for a refund. It was too good to be true... Very curious to hear if ANYONE got their ordered unit.

3 hours ago, Nikkorbot said:

Gents- short time lurker but long time Macross fan. I too ordered the same ebay special and it's showing the box was delivered to NC- and I'm in Western Washington. I pretty much got the EXACT same form response you folks did apologizing but- no updated tracking number for a new unit. I'll give him a few more days and likely submit for a refund. It was too good to be true... Very curious to hear if ANYONE got their ordered unit.

Oh, I haven’t even gotten a response. So you are one step ahead of me. Pretty clear it is a scam. That is unfortunate. I am going to have to wait for the tracking on eBay to catch up to reality, showing it was “delivered” to someone in Anaheim, California. Once it shows that, I will get a refund. This sucks!

Twich

Edited by twich

On 6/21/2023 at 1:02 PM, twich said:

So, an update……the tracking number that I was given from the seller shows that the item was delivered yesterday, town individual in Anaheim, California.  I Live in Northeast Washington, so only several hundred miles and two states away. I hope that who ever got it enjoys the toy. If it is the real deal and they are on the boards, just let me know it is an actual Macross jet, and not a legoman!

Twich

^ That sucks. Hopefully PayPal will return your money.

Mine shows in transport - it went to NYC for some reason. ETA is still Tues June 27th.

2 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

^ That sucks. Hopefully PayPal will return your money.

Mine shows in transport - it went to NYC for some reason. ETA is still Tues June 27th.

looking at eBay, it says in its tracking, that as of June 20th, Scheduled for Delivery.  So, I can't even file a claim to start the process of getting my money back until the stupid tracking shows that it was delivered.  The last city that it shows as going through is Los Angeles, Arrival at Processing Center, everything after that just says "US".

Twich

9 hours ago, twich said:

looking at eBay, it says in its tracking, that as of June 20th, Scheduled for Delivery.  So, I can't even file a claim to start the process of getting my money back until the stupid tracking shows that it was delivered.  The last city that it shows as going through is Los Angeles, Arrival at Processing Center, everything after that just says "US".

Twich

Try use a different tracking app than what Ebay provides. The Ebay tracking updates shows that my package is in NY, but  parcelapp.com is showing that the package was actually delivered to NC. Ebay won't yet let me contest and ask for a refund as technically the package is still in transition- but- at least you''ll have a case once the arrival date expires.

13 hours ago, twich said:

Twich

Have eBay call you. They might open a case regardless once you explain the situation verbally. Plus, your calling is documented and can help you win that case.

23 hours ago, twich said:

looking at eBay, it says in its tracking, that as of June 20th, Scheduled for Delivery.  So, I can't even file a claim to start the process of getting my money back until the stupid tracking shows that it was delivered. everything after that just says "US".

Twich

Mine says the same. Except it arrived in the NYC processing center with an ETA of June 27th. 😐

EDIT: Just checked seller's eBay feedback and he's gotten 6 negatives in the last month. Looks like a scammer. Sigh. Sorry.

Edited by ValkAddict

Just trying to give context for those interested in grey market VF-1s and not trying to add insult to injury for anyone.

The typical price I've seen on Taobao, the biggest Chinese online marketplace, is usually between 450-480 RMB before overseas shipping which works out to 60+ USD. For a full set with SSP, it's a little below 100 USD. It used to be slightly lower but it's gone up in the past year or so.

If you come across prices substantially lower than that, be mindful of the above!

If anyone is interested at those prices + shipping to wherever you are, I can check what the total costs will be if you're willing to share an approximate address. Not trying to profit here, just providing some information if anyone is interested in a KO.

PS: I can promise I'm not a Chinese scammer, probably can't prove it though. Here's a Taobao listing to help verify some of my claims - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.16.3026258dNEwCwK&id=717365695385&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail and the full store - https://macross.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.54.3026258dNEwCwK&appUid=RAzN8HWYrPdchqUYeTg3c3cacYpt6FgekrajKu2vKaSS8Yq8TGD if you like to look around.

I'm just offering to help navigate is all.

Edited by dtwn

On 6/25/2023 at 12:16 PM, Radioguy said:

Have eBay call you. They might open a case regardless once you explain the situation verbally. Plus, your calling is documented and can help you win that case.

I have spent the last 2 days trying to get eBay to contact me, but I only get as far as "the item is on its way!" even though it was delivered on the 20th to someone other than me and the tracking is not updating.  The frustrations of them not having live humans to interact with.  Will have to wait until tomorrow, I guess.  Unless someone has a magic way to get into contact with eBay.

Twich

So, I put in a request for refund. Had to wait until midnight of the day after the items expected arrival. eBay took less than an hour to issue me a refund. They must know it was a scam. Too bad! For that price, it could of made a lot of us happy to have one.

Twich

6 hours ago, twich said:

So, I put in a request for refund. Had to wait until midnight of the day after the items expected arrival. eBay took less than an hour to issue me a refund. They must know it was a scam. Too bad! For that price, it could of made a lot of us happy to have one.

Twich

Great to hear- my official arrival date is Friday- will be ready to ask for the refund as well. So AWESOME that this forum is here to figure this one out together!

17 hours ago, twich said:

Twich

That's good news. I just opened my "request for a refund" issue on eBay. Hopefully I will hear back soon.

4 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

Got my refund from eBay!!!

Apologies again for those of you who ordered from seller I linked to ... I guess the KO price was too good to be true. 😐

No, it was a temptation that many were in the market for, you cannot be held responsible for someone being or turning into, a scammer!

Twich

1 hour ago, ValkAddict said:

Even though the seller sulgyi is probably long gone, I posted my negative feedback for the @$$clown. 😐

I'll be doing that shortly, I also filed for a refund as well.

• 1 month later...

looking around in Amazon and this pop out not sure if this was post some pages back in this thread , it actually has good reviews 😅, very Jetfire and 1/55 takatoku look alike chunkyness, but this ko is made all of plastic.

https://www.amazon.com/Happy-Well-Robotech-Hyperspace-Fortress-Skeleton/dp/B0C3WCZ3JZ/ref=sr_1_1?crid=VQVHDG84DIYD&keywords=Happy-Well%2BRobotech%2BHyperspace&qid=1692279747&sprefix=happy-well%2Brobotech%2Bhyperspace%2B%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-1&th=1

image.png.bbdfe7dda2c76e27c9556f6b103117c0.png

Yeah, I considered posting it here first, but did to the KitzConcept thread the other day as it was definitely a KO of that (Before we kinda sussed out it's probably another Arcadia KO dressed up). I wonder if it's Valkyrie Factory though, as not all that carried those have this offered yet.

Edited by Radioguy

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

KO YamArcadia V.2 renewed… as JETFIRE.

Deluxe (with extras) or standard.

image.png

Really it is a KO of multiple Arcadia/Yamato products, since in the deluxe version we get a launch arm stand too. I too am curious if this is a name change for Valkyrie Factory or if someone else got a hold of the molds for a V.2 of a 1/60 VF-1.

im curious how much tampo printing we will get, or if will include any stickers. Glow in the dark super parts are very cool, though.

Twich

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

image.png

I own a couple of these KO VF's & Fast Packs and while Yamato/Arcadia QC is much better, these aren't too shabby either... so yeah, sign me up a KO Jetfire! 

I've been thinking:D what if Hasbro never talked to Takatoku/ Matsushiro about using their unreleased toy called Jetfire, what if the toy later integrated in the Macross universe instead ? while flown by a girl named Melissa Jettofaia or shortened as Missy Jetfire? (maybe a distant cousin to Hikaru Ichijyo?) who was the newest character and she operated her Valk based on this design/paint and in this alternate universe, everyone into Macross just refers to her as Ms. Jetfire. in this timeline Hasbro in 1986 introduced Skyfire based on his design while releasing a toy based on it in early 1987 and there was never that "bridge" between these universes and transformers Jetfire never existed.

I think Missy Jetfire is the missing link.:o

10 hours ago, Spark-O-Matic said:

I've been thinking:D what if Hasbro never talked to Takatoku/ Matsushiro about using their unreleased toy called Jetfire, what if the toy later integrated in the Macross universe instead ? while flown by a girl named Melissa Jettofaia or shortened as Missy Jetfire? (maybe a distant cousin to Hikaru Ichijyo?) who was the newest character and she operated her Valk based on this design/paint and in this alternate universe, everyone into Macross just refers to her as Ms. Jetfire. in this timeline Hasbro in 1986 introduced Skyfire based on his design while releasing a toy based on it in early 1987 and there was never that "bridge" between these universes and transformers Jetfire never existed.

I think Missy Jetfire is the missing link.:o

???

Your past the two drink limit.

😛 

On 8/17/2023 at 10:23 AM, nightmareB4macross said:

image.png

So, it appears this version is $147.99 full price, which is cheaper than what we are seeing Valkyrie Factory sets for now, and no stand included!

Twich

I haven't seen any real reason to go for the knockoffs, but I might actually jump on this one.  It actually includes something Yamato and Arcadia never did:
bcdff78ef4.jpg

A full set of painted TV missiles! :p 

I have enough other Yamatos to mess with that I won't really care if it feels sloppy, it'll be a great conversation piece. ^_^ 

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I haven't seen any real reason to go for the knockoffs, but I might actually jump on this one.  It actually includes something Yamato and Arcadia never did:
bcdff78ef4.jpg

A full set of painted TV missiles! :p 

I have enough other Yamatos to mess with that I won't really care if it feels sloppy, it'll be a great conversation piece. ^_^ 

I'd have liked the strike cannon included since it was already KO'd.

10 hours ago, twich said:

So, it appears this version is $147.99 full price, which is cheaper than what we are seeing Valkyrie Factory sets for now, and no stand included!

Twich

I've seen VF KOs with fast packs for less than this. Now, the stand is a point, but it's a KO of the old floppy Yammie stand, so I'm not so sure it's not better to go for the "standard" version as that lists the transparent GITD covers too.