10 hours ago, Dobber said:

Nice! So is that a new SOC? It looks like it has electronics.

Chris

I sorta hope not?  This vehicle is 1/1000 scale which would make it maller than the current GX-64 Yamato, unless they have no choice but to scale it that way since the Andromeda is supposed to be THAT much bigger...

On 12/16/2016 at 0:23 PM, TangledThorns said:

Oh wow, looks bigger and better than I expected. The team behind this series are masters of the reboot! :drinks:

SDF Macross needs this sort of treatment.

On 27/12/2016 at 11:13 PM, myk said:

I sorta hope not?  This vehicle is 1/1000 scale which would make it maller than the current GX-64 Yamato, unless they have no choice but to scale it that way since the Andromeda is supposed to be THAT much bigger...

From a model comparisson photo someone made recreating the Kia Asamiya poster, the classic 1/700 Andromeda seems to be the right size. Which means the rescaled Andromeda in 1/1000 would be about the same size as the classic 1/700. That came complete with a lighting kit for the WMGs, which was activated by a Kodai & Yuki shaped switch on the base. This seems to go the same way but with more gimmicks. Hopefully, Bandai will include all the needed components in the model, instead of making us buy extra lighting gear like they did with the 1/500 and their recent Millennium Falcon.

8 hours ago, Dobber said:

Anyone have any new info on the Megahouse Cosmo Zero? I haven't found any but sometimes you guys can find more.

Chris

AFAIK the latest info is about the exhibit shown up at the Mega Hobby Expo 2016 Autumn in November.

Wait for a while. The Wonder Fest Winter will be held on Feb 19. It's just 6 days before the premiere of the 2202.

12 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Wait, huh?  What scale?  I've got a few of the Bandai kits, and they're great, but a finished display would be nice too, would love to have one with folding wings in 1/60 or even 1/48. :)

Not sure about the scale but it comes with a launch rail stand, figures, weapons, optional landing gear, and folded parts for stowed mode. ;)

IMG_0126.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

IMG_0128.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

Still no word on English subs? I don't see it as an option on Amazon Japan's website listing.

Any chance the team that worked on the Macross Delta BD's English subs might be working on this? @Tochiro

1 hour ago, UN Spacy said:

Still no word on English subs? I don't see it as an option on Amazon Japan's website listing.

Any chance the team that worked on the Macross Delta BD's English subs might be working on this? @Tochiro

Somewhere way back the creators were talking of international releases going under the Star Blazer banner.  Which means it is good that they are thinking of it, and bad that they are using a marketing name where the last production's final two disks were never released.

5 hours ago, Thom said:

I sure hope not!! Andromeda should kick some lily white butt!

I will be in the very small minority here, but I hope Andromeda goes down like a bitch.  I never liked that particular ship in the original series, always thought it was overrated, the so called hero ship that wasn't.  I remember the english translation in Star Blazers about how important the Andromeda was, like having five of then can help defeat Gatlantis or some crap like that.  Looking at how easily it went down, my guess is that was just a way for Hajikata to increase the defense budget.  I liked it when that ship finally bit the dust by crashing into Gatlantis and not even scratching its shield.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:27 PM, Dynaman said:

Somewhere way back the creators were talking of international releases going under the Star Blazer banner.  Which means it is good that they are thinking of it, and bad that they are using a marketing name where the last production's final two disks were never released.

Yeah.  Pissed me off since I was supporting them by not buying the japanese releases in favour of the NA releases.  Not trusting their brand again.   Thankfully I was able to pick up the Japanese Yamato versions for the final few episodes.

On 1/6/2017 at 3:49 PM, Thom said:

I sure hope not!! Andromeda should kick some lily white butt!

IT WILL.  Then, if the writers stay true to their established tendency to honor the original series, the Andromeda will be destroyed after a glorious battle with the Comet Empire...

Regarding the Andromeda model, a member over at SSM posted this:

"okay take this with a grain of salt but I came across this; 

Star Blazers - 1/1000 Andromeda Movie Effect Version SKU#0214500 

I part time at a local anime store (shameless plug www.neotokyo.ca) and we stock bandai gundam kits, manga, anime etc. Anyways I was digging around on a suppliers site(no, I won't be telling you who it is) and found a preorder for that. It says march. 

Now, we know the Andromeda is going to be much bigger than the Yamato. But I'm starting to wonder about how much bigger because the cost at my supplier for this new Andromeda is the exact same as the 1/1000 Domelaze III kit! And you know how big the box for that monster was. 

Also found Star Blazers - 1/1000 Yunagi Combined Cosmo Fleet SKU#0215636, also listed for March. Don’t know anything about this but I'm suspecting it's a re-pop of 1/1000 UNCN Combined Space Fleet Set 1 with different markings because it has the same cost as 1/1000 UNCN Combined Space Fleet Set 1. But I'm only guessing here."

Hey guys,  making my way through the Star Blazers/Yamato 2199 Blu Ray's (great show so far) ,  but can anyone tell me if there's a 5.1 audio track on the discs?  I haven't been able to figure out how to switch to it if there is.  I'm an AV guy,  so this isn't a newb question,  but I can only find the 2.0 track.  

15 hours ago, westfall said:

Sleeve design for the theater exclusive edition of volume 1, art by Makoto Kobaiyashi

C2SXlq3UUAAIfM- (1).jpg

Is Yamato missing a couple of turrents in that pic?