BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Its like paying for shipping twice and not getting the benefit of the current exchange rate.  Makes me wonder what Bandai is charging the retailers and weather or not they are taking advantage of the exchange rate themselves.  :unknw:  BTW... BBTS charges me more than $4 for shipping which makes it less worth it for me to buy from them.

Wait... wait... I just got an email from BBTS talking about the DX Chogokin YF-19 pre-order.

Didn't that come out years ago?  (looks in closet)   I own it.... and the Arcadia version.... and the Yamato version.

So.... umm....  can someone fill me in on what is up with this DX Chogokin pre-order?  A reissue?  Any improvements over the original DX Chogokin release?

Sorry for the inconvenience.  The baby keeps me pretty busy and I am not keeping up with Macross toy releases very well.

Thanks in advance!

-Shizuka the PhD Mommy Cat

11 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Wait... wait... I just got an email from BBTS talking about the DX Chogokin YF-19 pre-order.

Didn't that come out years ago?  (looks in closet)   I own it.... and the Arcadia version.... and the Yamato version.

So.... umm....  can someone fill me in on what is up with this DX Chogokin pre-order?  A reissue?  Any improvements over the original DX Chogokin release?

^ It's a reissue from Bandai. Unsure about any improvements on the design - still too early to know. It's selling for a higher price, but does not have any of the extras like the full set pack with missiles, etc.

Hope you and the baby are well! :)

It maybe an unpopular opinion, but having it for sale at BBTS is the only way that I can get my wife to get something like this for Christmas or Birthday gifts.  I have the Hi-Metal R VF-0D Shin Custom on pre-order for my birthday in October and with this coming out today at BBTS, I have already sent the link to my wife for my Christmas list, even though it says that we wont get it until February 2024.  This is how I have been able to get the YF-29 Durandal Max Custom, the VF-25F Super set and the VF-25F World Wide Macross release.

Twich

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Sorry for the inconvenience.  The baby keeps me pretty busy and I am not keeping up with Macross toy releases very well.

Thanks in advance!

-Shizuka the PhD Mommy Cat

What is mentioned below. And also, they “upgraded” the effect part to include two egg beaters (see pics to understand). Hope you are enjoying family stuff!

5 hours ago, ValkAddict said:

^ It's a reissue from Bandai. Unsure about any improvements on the design - still too early to know. It's selling for a higher price, but does not have any of the extras like the full set pack with missiles, etc.

Hope you and the baby are well! :)

I’m thinking that the Missile Set, Fold Booster and Fast packs might be a TWE set honestly since this upcoming MWW DX-19 is the bare bones version since the eventual DX YF-21 might be a bare bones version as depicted in various teased shots? 

I’ve read that the 2018 Full Set was too expensive and some Marcoss collectors were squawking up a tree and backed out and hoping for a reasonable version.

Fast forward 5 years down the road with another announcement of the DX YF-19 and guess what? It’s a cheaper priced version than the 2018 one, but without half the stuff from the Full Set version at slightly increase price. 

3 hours ago, borgified said:

I’ve read that the 2018 Full Set was too expensive and some Marcoss collectors were squawking up a tree and backed out and hoping for a reasonable version.

Fast forward 5 years down the road with another announcement of the DX YF-19 and guess what? It’s a cheaper priced version than the 2018 one, but without half the stuff from the Full Set version at slightly increase price. 

Some people here did want the extras cut out, but I think Bandai thought they needed to include them all to stay competitive with Arcadia.  I would have been happy to have them separately.. BUT.. that would have induced a mass panic bulk buy of the missile packs just to get some pylons and missiles to put on every other Bandai DX release.  That will still probably happen if they release a separate pack.

Also, the biting irony is, no, it's not actually cheaper than the 2018 version.  Whether that's due to some pre-order bonus or not, I can't say, because those don't show up, but the listing on HLJ still shows the full set at 25,000 yen, which came to about $225 at the time.  The new one has a list price of 26,400.  Cheaper for us.. not so much in Japan, and definitely not from BBTS, which is even more expensive than the original full set.

This.. pretty much says it all.

ss(2023-07-08at04_45.38).jpg.e3ffc0bf4ce76f07c2ef426b9652e8bd.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 4:59 AM, Sildani said:

I’ve never used the attack eggs. 

I've used the missiles on my 19, my 171, my 31C, 31AX…

Yeah, these reissue pin point punch effects really look like 2 fried eggs. I think I will never use them when I get the toy.

Wish it came with missiles instead.

On 8/11/2023 at 12:51 AM, R0P3-F15H said:

3D printed some mounts to have the quad missiles, thing it could also work for the others to 

BF53ABFC-78EB-4E40-BAE1-FE9B472902F9.jpeg

C5D38FFE-468B-4034-909B-378712D75751.jpeg

I, too, would like these please. 

7 hours ago, Graham said:

Finally broke down and got myself a YF-19 DX Full Set yesterday.

I'd neglected to buy it when it was originally released and only had a VF-19 ADVANCE.

Oof. What was the damage? From what I've seen the Full Set is going for insane prices in the second hand market nowadays. So is the Advance, now I think about it...

25 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

That's completely worth it, you could just cut a new laser out of sheet plastic, don't even need something as fancy as printing.

Cool. I bite the bullet. 43000 yen. I think it is the lowest I have seen it.

Just now, R0P3-F15H said:

i was real lucky to not have mine be broken, Missing one of those high speed missiles that look like a diamond though.... opened the bottom plastic carton and it just flew across the room and i never found it again.

Didn't knew those missiles had an integrated fold booster...

I've gotta say from my previous time with the VF-19 ADVANCE years ago, I'd forgotten how much I hate attaching the FAST packs in fighter mode on the Bandai DX 19 series. It is not an enjoyable experience.

Last night it took me about 1 hour to get the FAST Packs attached with everything lined up and pegged in properly on the DX YF-19 in Fighter mode.

Those bloody small FAST Pack parts that go on the back of the legs popped off so many times I nearly threw the toy at the wall in frustration.

And I still really hate the way that Bandai implemented the leg FAST packs, with the wing peg on the top of the wing just hanging out and not tabbed into anything.

If Bandai later release a separate FAST Pack set for the upcoming YF-19 DX release, I'm hoping they have been redesigned.