I wonder if the the DX or the 1/72 version will come with a damaged arm seeing how many times Hayate has lost his.

Please God no!!!

Don't even use the words DX/valk/toy and damaged arm in the same sentence. ;)

You're good Noel, there is a locking mechanism for the Renewal DX 25's. If it's aesthetics that people have an issue with then fine, but it doesn't change the fact that the toy, when correctly transformed, has the chest area locked securely.

Not sure if I'm describing the same thing as you, but the chest, when transformed correctly (pulled, or angled all the way down) causes the chest to lock or hold securely.

Of all the issues the DX's had, most of them involve stupid loosening joints. Hips, shoulders, etc.

To date my 25A is the only 25 that has avoided every single issue - my copies are still as solid as the day I bought them.

Give me a good looking, mostly accurate, solid DX 31 and I'll be happy to throw Bandai more of my money.

-b.

*edit, just checked my 25F and YF-25, the only other 25 Valkyries I have in Battroid and the chest is locked. And I mean locked in the sense that you can literally turn them upside down, shake the Valk, move it, whatever and the chest does not dangle or fall apart a la earlier YF-19s. I don't see why the 25S would be any different because they all use the exact same design iteration after iteration, but mine is in Fighter covered in Armor Parts, no way I'm taking it all apart just for this discussion.

I dunno, maybe someone else can articulate what I'm trying to say better, or they have pictures. But my 25's are good, at least in that one respect. B))

Yup, even if it's OT. I think we're talking about the same thing. ;)

I really can't wait to receive my 1/72 VF-31 by mail (why did I take the SAL option? :-( )

I'm assuming because you wanted to save a little dough? In order to save more, you need to wait a little bit more. ^_^

That was a really good video! The transformation looks really interesting and fun to do. I like how everything tabs together, hopefully the Chogokin behaves similarly.

Two things I noticed: the hinges that allow the wings to fold in half are awfully tiny! I hope they hold up to repeated folds. Second, English has really entered Japanese. The guy said "wing" many times and "pink" and "green" when describing the head visors. Wild.

Friction and hopes don't count as a real "locking mechanism" and neither does pushing the shoulders and backplate all the way down and making the 25 battroid look like a kid carrying way too many books in his backpack.

None of my 25 battroids "flop around" but they don't have any chest lock either.

That's like claiming the Yamato YF-19 chest "locks" because of our planet's gravity holding it down.

You're not listening/reading to what's been written. Not once did I say or write friction and I certainly didn't say hopes (extrapolate that to dreams, best wishes, the Force, luck or any other abstract concept). I also didn't mention the backplate - I said the chest. When transformed correctly, it locks.

But hey - if your Bandai DX Chogokin Renewal 25s in Battroid are comparable to the old Yamato YF-19 in that way, well then that sucks.

And just so I'm clear, again - Renewal 25's not original.

I was almost inclined to post links to some transformation videos or the reviews on Anymoon, but at this point, the horse is dead.

*Edit, let me soften my tone a bit after the fact, I really don't want or intend to argue or be snide to anyone over this - and I truly do believe that it's just a transformation issue, I just took some umbrage with a couple of comments (I'll blame my lack of sleep and return to work after vacation).

Also, I'm not a "Bandai guy" in the Bandai vs. Yamato/Arcadia fight, I'm fine with pointing out the flaws in both company's products, I just don't see the chest area being one of them on the renewal. This because there is a designed mechanism that allows the chest to lock, securely - by design. Additionally, I have 3 of them in Battroid mode now, on display where the chest is securely locked with the correct, or designed transformation of each.

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Hi guys, in the model kit, the nose gear doors open up to reveal a hole, which is then used to slot in the peg on the "back bone" when transforming to battroof.

But that's not going to happen in the DX version, right? Since the landing gear in the wheelwell is not going to afford any hole for that to happen...

Correct me if I got it wrong.

Hi guys, in the model kit, the nose gear doors open up to reveal a hole, which is then used to slot in the peg on the "back bone" when transforming to battroof.

But that's not going to happen in the DX version, right? Since the landing gear in the wheelwell is not going to afford any hole for that to happen...

Correct me if I got it wrong.

On the model, that peg/slot serves no purpose other than to lock the upper chest/nose into the lower waist/"back bone". If you were to remove that entirely, the result might be a bit floppier but would look otherwise the same. You can achieve the same/similar effect through other means, such as making that swing joint a ratcheting one, or making said joint be a pull-out, lock-into-place affair as is the case with most of the kit. I wager the only reason it's implemented this way is to consolidate features. Smart engineering (though not so great model, but blah).

It was also posted in this thread back in March. ;)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=43115&p=1262220

i know Im pulling this up, and Im sorry if this has been discussed but; Did you all notice it doesn't have the shoulder locks the 30 has? Like, the arms pivot around to below the canards at the front, but the little flip out locks aren't there. Wonder if that will cause shoulder issues...?

i know Im pulling this up, and Im sorry if this has been discussed but; Did you all notice it doesn't have the shoulder locks the 30 has? Like, the arms pivot around to below the canards at the front, but the little flip out locks aren't there. Wonder if that will cause shoulder issues...?

On my yf-30 one of those clips were broken right out of the box, so I didn't use it. But the shoulder joint was stiff enough that it didn't cause a problem for me. Hopefully it'll work out.

how did they work on the 19 advance?

how i imagine it working in my mind is an exposed socket to snap them in (which is a terrible idea) or have a little hatch on the arms where you would open up to expose the socket to put them in

The pin point barrier punch effect was a replacement hand for the arm. So pop the regular fist out of the socket and put the punching effect into it.

I have three VF-19 Advance and I haven't ever taken any of those pin point barrier punch effects out of the boxes! too gimmicky for me.. Does anyone ever use em?

If any of the 31's come with something similar im sure they too will remain in the boxes! hehe! ;):lol:

I have three VF-19 Advance and I haven't ever taken any of those pin point barrier punch effects out of the boxes! too gimmicky for me.. Does anyone ever use em?

If any of the 31's come with something similar im sure they too will remain in the boxes! hehe! ;):lol:

I've never used them, I think they're awful looking.

Well it's getting pricier as per the macross inflation index..

On the bright side we get removable boomerang drones and the pleasure of searching for them after accidentally dropping em..

On the front fuselage the landing gear bay doors are opening like they should and the nose gear looks as unattractive as any other dx...

However the color scheme seems to be translating along nicely into the final dx version ..

Bring it!

I just assembled a couple of the tiny mecha collection 31s and i am super excited for the dx!

Edit: Is it just me that thinks the landing gear may work and could actually look good?

Edited by Garfinkel