Has there been any announcement on when the pre-orders open up?

IIRC August 1st.

Correct August 1st for the first pre-orders, it got posted a couple of pages ago but that news got kind of buried.

-b.

See, I really want to get back to buying just one of each to fill out the squad. The problem is that I fear they will release multiple upgrade parts for each fighter. I tend to buy one dedicated valk per fast pack/armor/whatever pack that gets released. I don't really care to mess around with them that often once I get a set of parts on and have it displayed in the mode I want. Now as far as the 31-A, I see myself getting a minimum of 3 of those. With my line of thinking and Bandai sponsoring the show, there is a chance that I would need 18 VF-31's plus 3x 31-A's. :lol:

Edited by Loop

I'm wondering how many more super pack combinations/upgrades they've yet to introduce for both the 31 and 262. That might make things more difficult too.

Difficult as per the Valk design or difficult to get? Because super packs is usually Web Exclusives so it's easy to get, right?

Difficult as in how many different ways do you have to display the entire squadron.

Ah. I see. Then I agree. It's going to be more difficult when Bandai decides to add those extra arm stand for support those boosters as well. ^_^

Wonder why the 31A has a delta 03 marking.

As are used by Alpha and Beta Squad and they also have Alpha 01 through 05 and Beta 01 though 05 aircraft numbers.

As are used by Alpha and Beta Squad and they also have Alpha 01 through 05 and Beta 01 though 05 aircraft numbers.

yea posted that question before the show aired but tq for clarifying.

BTW..a sample of what a 31j DX version may look like....

booyah!

post-15116-0-41288300-1466733218_thumb.jpg

I wonder if there should be a poll on whether to 'leave' or 'remain' the super packs on the 31. :lol:

The pic is a representation of the physical manifestation of packs in kit form, and the DX would have slightly better proportions.

From what i see on the responses,the packs seem to be an acquired taste.. ^_^

From what i see on the responses,the packs seem to be an acquired taste.. ^_^

I like the extra armour and missile packs, but the boosters themselves are... ugly...

Wherelse would the super packs go otherwise?

Can't really put much of anything under the wings without interfering with the transformation mechanisms.

The VF-25 glove style wouldn't really work, putting them centrally would get in the way of the accessory container.

Make them conformal and run along the top of the legs, but still allow the legs to swing-down for Gerwalk/Battroid, then add smaller boosters to the wings [at least smaller than those hulks]...

Definitely more complex, but I think it would look much better.

This would also allow for partial use in-atmo, vis-à-vis the YF-19 and YF-21, which could both rock their super packs in-atmo.

If i had any artistic skill with a pencil I'd sketch it up, but more along the lines of these extra boosters on the YF-19 Nothung, only larger.

F01.jpg

I have not watched past episode 1 of Delta, so I don't know if that idea would interfere too much with equipment/transformation of the '31

could also go the '29 route, and 'Glove-over' the wingtips and put an engine or two there.

Edited by slide

Wherelse would the super packs go otherwise?

Oh, they could have gone many many different ways. Even having them slimmer and more blended into the body would've been nice even if they sit on top, instead of two lumpy candy bars on a plane.

Also I would destroy all my other planes to get a 1/60 vf-19ACTIVE..... :-(

Edited by aurance

I don't see what people think is so wrong with those super packs - they're basically the same general style of packs that were used on the VF-11 and VF-19, they'e just mounted further outboard to avoid getting in the way of the multipurpose pod. Hard to see where else they'd be mounted, really.

Could have just not had them in the first place. Y'know, like the YF-19. Just extra verniers/missiles/propellant.

Alternatively (also borrowing from the YF-19), maybe the Super Packs could include arm cannon replacements. They would require the arms to transform slightly differently, which could free up some space on the lower fuselage for boosters. Keep the two on top and add two beneath and it would at least look more... symmetrical? Probably a bit too bulbous, though.

Hopefully with delta passing the mid point mark, its going to be action packed all the way!

C'mon armored packs! ^_^ also for the 31A! can we hope?

Don't think we'll be getting any armored packs personally, because they'd screw with the hinges for the modular weapons container, and the wing packs would need to be entirely different between the Siegfried and Kairos versions. Basically, if there is any kind of armored pack, it won't cover the back of the fighter mode very well, and it will most likely be for the Kairos only.

This whole DX toy business makes it difficult to figure out what kind of movements we'll see among the pilots in Delta Squad - Mirage was promoted to Delta 2, does that mean she'll be put in the VF-31F? Or will she remain in her VF-31C with a new number painted on it, which will annoy anyone who buys the toy that has the "wrong" number on it? Or will Hayate mangle his VF-31 so badly he needs a new one, and end up in the VF-31F instead of Mirage? If so, will the numbers be shuffled around (again upsetting anyone who wants different numbers on their toys)?

Or is everyone going to remain flying the same aircraft they are right now with no changes, with a new pilot eventually getting the VF-31F? My personal epileptic tree is that the next person who'll fly the Shinigami is going to be Roid - we've never seen him fly, and Keith refers to him as having clipped his wings, but nothing says he *can't* fly - it may just be his position at court prevents him from doing so. And sooner or later he'll need to have it out with Keith anyway, because Keith is being a massive dick and Roid, for all that he's been an integral part of the war on the side of the Windermereans so far, has always been the *reasonable* one who's been keeping the rest in line.

Don't think we'll be getting any armored packs personally, because they'd screw with the hinges for the modular weapons container, and the wing packs would need to be entirely different between the Siegfried and Kairos versions. Basically, if there is any kind of armored pack, it won't cover the back of the fighter mode very well, and it will most likely be for the Kairos only.

This whole DX toy business makes it difficult to figure out what kind of movements we'll see among the pilots in Delta Squad - Mirage was promoted to Delta 2, does that mean she'll be put in the VF-31F? Or will she remain in her VF-31C with a new number painted on it, which will annoy anyone who buys the toy that has the "wrong" number on it? Or will Hayate mangle his VF-31 so badly he needs a new one, and end up in the VF-31F instead of Mirage? If so, will the numbers be shuffled around (again upsetting anyone who wants different numbers on their toys)?

Or is everyone going to remain flying the same aircraft they are right now with no changes, with a new pilot eventually getting the VF-31F? My personal epileptic tree is that the next person who'll fly the Shinigami is going to be Roid - we've never seen him fly, and Keith refers to him as having clipped his wings, but nothing says he *can't* fly - it may just be his position at court prevents him from doing so. And sooner or later he'll need to have it out with Keith anyway, because Keith is being a massive dick and Roid, for all that he's been an integral part of the war on the side of the Windermereans so far, has always been the *reasonable* one who's been keeping the rest in line.

In the last episode, after getting her promotion she was still in her D04 valk. Plus based on the Op, its pretty much a D04/D05/mirage/hayate double team match against keith,

Read that as you may, i thk its still status quo for mirage in the D04.

Mirage's call sign was changed to Delta 02, but there is no time or need to update the physical numbering of her plane, which is still the Delta 04 unit. That doesn't mean she should fly the Delta 02 unit (which is still probably being repaired and retuned anyway), nor does it actually mean she has to have D02 painted on her plane. Call signs are actually a bit nebulous and in the real world are assigned on a mission basis as needed (though it likely happens that someone keeps a familiar one usually unless otherwise needed). Mirage can be assigned the Delta 02 call sign and still officially fly the Delta 04 plane because that is her plane, which she is trained to fly. Granted she probably could fly the 31F with little problem (save for the fact she is missing the skill to fly it like Messer, which I believe is entirely down to a mental block of her thinking she isn't as good as her legacy would suggest), however, she already has a capable unit and her role on the team as tactical support likely hasn't changed (and that would work better with Hayate whether he does fill in more for Messer or not, which I expect both he and Arad will be doing), even if her team rank and position has.

That all being said... Bandai has a lot of excuses for special purple VF-31F releases now if they want regardless of if the show does it, lol. There is always the profit angle, lol.