Looks like the production model's starting to get finalized. I wonder if they'll give us those clear adapters for this series? Dat Walkure Mirage though...

Looks like the production model's starting to get finalized. I wonder if they'll give us those clear adapters for this series? Dat Walkure Mirage though...

You mean this? https://twitter.com/Hisamelody/status/749079571694100481

post-15116-0-77335400-1467448873_thumb.jpg

I would totally accept mirage as a walkure...backup dancer...havent heard her singing but maybe she flies better... :p

Still moar mirage pics are hawt... ^_^

The Walküre multi drones are confirmed to be in the DX version. :)

They are? If so, can they actually link up and form shield's i wonder...

You mean this? https://twitter.com/Hisamelody/status/749079571694100481

attachicon.gifCmVD5LbVIAAtJZw.jpg

I would totally accept mirage as a walkure...backup dancer...havent heard her singing but maybe she flies better... :p

Still moar mirage pics are hawt... ^_^

Yup. Now need pics of Gerwalk and Battroid with the production version DX.

Yup. Now need pics of Gerwalk and Battroid with the production version DX.

I thk those modes were last seen in mag shots..haven't seen any display ones 'lately' or i might add that i can remember... :mellow:

Edited by seti88

Sorry, meant to say in the wild. Not in mags or the website.

Havent seen em in the wild either...maybe in upcoming show's or exhibits soon i hope...

Mirage looks smokin hot in this picture! :wub::D:p

Whats that word..looking coy but hot... :lol:

I'm seriously considering waiting for a VF 31A because I love the fact that its in a proper(and nice looking) aircraft gray, unlike the cream and light green drab that we've seen most of the time that is nice, but doesn't quite speak to me.

It's going to be blueish gray. Mark my words! :p

It's been mentioned before that Mirage's VA is a competent singer, so I won't be surprised if she becomes a member of Walkure. :wub:

The DX VF-31J is shaping up quite nicely. Can't wait. That is if I can preorder one. 5 seconds and all. :p

Edited by abbadon

So I started to watch the first episode of delta and I immediately got annoyed by the girl. Ok, no problem. But than when the VAR broke out in the zentradi camp and all the girls came out to sing and dance in the stupid sailormon fashion...I just facepalmed! I mean, is this what Macross has become? Whats with the skimpy singing girls and the same loner main character nonsense? Same crap was in Macross Frontier. Gone are the days of macross plus I guess. Macross Zero did a good job with the seriousness, matureness and drama and story, too. It all went to hell after that. I don't think I can continue watching anymore. Maybe if someone took all the episodes and edited them to just show the valks and the action than maybe.

Perhaps I'm just too old.

Anyways, i'm waiting for the preorder cause I love the design of the 31. As for the show...meh.

That's how I felt hence why I'm not buying into delta toys Edited by monishb

Macross Zero was boring as hell and the last episode made no damn sense. Macross Plus contains rape victim blaming. Macross II and 7 were just plain awful.

It's important to keep a sense of proportion. :p

EDIT: Crap, did I accidentally kinda sorta defend Macross Delta? Nuts.

Macross Zero was boring as well but I got the message. Don't care for 7. Still think Macross tv anime and frontier were the best ones I've seen so day not forgetting dyrl

It's been mentioned before that Mirage's VA is a competent singer, so I won't be surprised if she becomes a member of Walkure. :wub:

The DX VF-31J is shaping up quite nicely. Can't wait. That is if I can preorder one. 5 seconds and all. :p

Ooooh. One of the girls will die in order for that one to happen. Hope it's not Mikumo, Kaname and Makina. Hehehe. :D But yeah, that pic of Mirage looks hot! 6 hot Walkure girls is better than 5. ;)

How does not liking the show have got to do with the toys? If the toys are nice there is no reason not to buy them.

Bad attachment. Remember that not all of us are the same. ;) There's some of us who likes the show who are going to buy everything. There's some of us who doesn't mind the show but still going to get the toys in one form or another because it's cool. And there are some of us who doesn't want anything to do with the show since they don't like it as a whole. :)

Argh! Bandai seriously needs to work on their turbines. At least paint them silver or metallic or something. :angry:

Actually that would be the forward compressor (or a fan if the engine uses a bypass system at all, but it is not clear if that is even necessary for Reaction Engines, worth looking into actually). The turbine itself is surely somewhere in the shin area of the leg based on previous VF cutaways. Though I know at least one VF-1 cutaway listed both as turbines but the turbine is always aft of the hot section and is turned by the superheated plasma/air which powers the generator and then turns the forward compressor to bring in more air. Not that this matters all that much for a toy, heh. Though I have always wondered why they mold the compressor inlets right at the inlet because on real jets the compressor inlet is not that far forward. Then again, real jets don't transform and thus don't require segmented engines, lol.

Edited by Master Dex

Wow, that looks gappy. Granted, it's a prototype. Many hinges that look like, well, hinges as well, like the ones immediately behind the intakes, on the side fuselage.

The finished product will most likely have tighter tolerances. They've seemed to have stuffed many features into this toy, though, well done!

Wow, that looks gappy. Granted, it's a prototype. Many hinges that look like, well, hinges as well, like the ones immediately behind the intakes, on the side fuselage.

The finished product will most likely have tighter tolerances. They've seemed to have stuffed many features into this toy, though, well done!

Those hinges on the side of the fuselage will not improve. They're exactly the same as on the YF-30. Edited by Mommar

Glad to finally see a shot of something that's closer to final. Think this is the first time we've seen one where significant portions of the plane weren't molded in a solid piece, so yeah, there's going to be gaps now, because the people prepping the display haven't had to deal with all those fiddly parts. :p The gappy backplate really does look nasty though, I hope that can fit together better.

As far as Mirage singing though... I honestly have been waiting a long time to see that particular twist in Macross, kind of the anti-Basara; a purely military female pilot who starts singing and gets better at flying because of it. Watch, Mirage will finally cut loose and start belting out Ikenai Borderline mid-battle, then suddenly start outflying everyone. :lol:

Triangle wise though, I could actually see Hayate's love of Freya's singing convince her to give it a shot. ^_^

Also the legs aren't flush on the sides like they are on the 30 which accounts for a little gappiness, especially when you look at the legs' ourterpanels and how they line up with the wings.

I guess it was way easier on the 30 cuz the legs had much simpler (and straight) geometry

Edited by Duymon

Who knows really, there's only room for so many twists to the plot. I just want to see it happen because it'd be something new, and unexpected from her character.

Hopefully the 31's just suffering from inept display syndrome (IDS :p) and will fit together nicely in-hand. Bandai's presenters never have been very good at prepping any of their products for display.

I really don't think anything is going to fix the backplate though. The twisty flippy origami fold system they have in place is never going to give a very streamlined spine, and it looks like instead of folding the spine itself like the YF-30 did, this one actually lifts up by supports on either side of it, making the whole mechanism use twice as many moving parts as should be necessary (another of Bandai's more frustrating calling cards <_<).

I still think the un-streamlined butt of the spine is just an unmitigated bucket of ugly though. Whose idea was it to make the tip not flush with the upper surface of the pod? The YF-30 was soooo much better there.

Edited by Chronocidal

I do hope they clean up the pod connector area on the fuselage.

It looks a bit too recessed underneath the top fuselage with unsightly holes and gaps of the hinges showing. Plus the fuselage spine ends up squared off instead of with angled corners.

Even the 1/72 kit looks better in the pod connector area at the moment.

post-15116-0-10710900-1467510984_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-64223600-1467510987_thumb.jpgpost-15116-0-55237400-1467511023_thumb.jpg

I really do hope that this is a prototype but with the number of months remaining till release, i would think it would have come along further.

Unless of course they took a real early prototype to show since its a fan event. :rolleyes:

Ahh, if we wait, it wouldn't be Macross World. ;)

+1 True that. That's why I love this forum. ;)

Yesterday: "Sample looks like it's made from one piece of plastic."

Today: "Sample shows too much gaps and hinges."