I really quite like the subtle extra colours that are coming with the VF-31.

Rather than holding to the previous colour formula of primary colour and black and/or white, the blue/red/white, maroon/black/white, grey/black/white, blue/grey/red/white is quite striking.

In comparison, Delta 03 looks quite bland.

I'll have to get myself a Delta 01 when it comes out.

I don't know...other than Messer's scheme the others aren't really doing it for me. There's other ways at adding color and staying true to the root scheme. Kind of like Isamu's YF-19, tan with the nod to Hikaru's crimson red with black stripes, or Ozma's low viz colored VF-25. I will say that Hayate's and Arad's schemes are growing on me, and will more than likely buy them anyways as a necessity for continuing this wallet bleed of a hobby.

I love the new color schemes. Especially because they are different from before. For example the best thing about the new RiD Transformers show is that Grimlock is now a green dinosaur. That is awesome. When they recolored him into his traditional livery it didn't do anything for me.

I think change spices thinks up. This is especially through when I imagine a possible combined toy shelf of the Frontier and Delta mecha (since they are so similar in style). I don't want two squadrons of planes that are similar in color.

I adore Arads VF-31 paint-job and even if I'm not a big fan of the radome Valkyries in general I think the yellow makes Chucks jet stand out in a positive way.

My problem is with the mecha that don't sport a icon on the back. They have an aerobatics team look to them but without the skull icon they seem to be missing something.

My problem is with the mecha that don't sport a icon on the back. They have an aerobatics team look to them but without the skull icon they seem to be missing something.

Agree it does look a little plain, in comparison with 01/02. However with FPs attached i thk colored look fits in perfectly.

Otherwise, perhaps is it possible to decal up DX valks with a customised insignia? I think that would be a really nice opportunity to call it your own vf31 with your own decal on the back...

However the 31 should be in a matte overcoat so that the decal would adhere easier and i thk any 1/72 waterslides would come in handy.....

Warning - do NOT read this post if you haven't seen the latest episode.

So will Delta 02 come with a swap out canopy with added blood splatter?!

lol - seconds apart!

Those look like the 31F's head lasers firing backwards since there are two beams coming from where the head is located in fighter mode.

I don't know, the beam appeared large initially and then dissipated into two. The origination looks also from below the valk...

If it was the head lasers, there would be 2 blast circles appearing around the valk, instead of one large circle seen..

Edited by seti88

I don't know, the beam appeared large initially and then dissipated into two. The origination looks also from below the valk...

If it was the head lasers, there would be 2 blast circles appearing around the valk, instead of one large circle seen..

From the pic provided the lasers are definitely coming from the top of the fighter, you can tell because of the upward cant of the 31F's canards. Its just the Valk itself being upside down that makes it look like it fired from the underside.

Another explanation could be that the lasers act as a projectile with travel time, and the VF 31 initially fired them when upright, where it then proceeded to roll or maneuver after the lasers were fired. This results in the image posted above. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Solo Wing Pixy