Hi-Metal R

joppewo

DX VF-1A TV Max gets released.  HMR VF-1A TV Max and Kakizaki get released.

DX VT-1 gets released.  HMR DYRL N-Ger gets released?

DX VF-1A Angel Birds gets released.  HMR VF-1A Angel Birds gets released?

Yeah there's no real release pattern.  One can only hope.

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

Is it still possible to purchase a vf-1a max at a reasonable price or did that ship sail? 😅

Reasonable? As in close to original retail price? Not really. That ship sailed a long time ago, unfortunately. Looks like Mandarake currently has one for ¥45,000 ($300). They're usually a decent reflection of secondary market prices. All the usual auction and third party merchant sites in Japan list it for higher than that. You might run into someone here or on one of the FB groups who is willing to sell it for less, but I don't want to get your hopes up.

Edit: I just realized that you're asking about HM-R, not DX. Those are selling on Mandarake for about ¥12,000. You have to be fast to grab one, though. The auction sites are listing for a wider range, from ¥9500 to ¥17,000. Since it was a TWE release, there aren't as many of them in circulation.

Edited by Anasazi37

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Just searched on a whim, and this popped up.  Hope someone who missed it can grab one!

https://www.hlj.com/hi-metal-r-vf-1j-armored-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijo-machine-revival-ver-bans64968

Thanks @Chronocidal.

Had a magazine sitting in private warehouse and was looking for something to ship it with.

Usually i would add on a cheaper thing to ship together but hey, yes, Impulse buy. 😂

On 1/28/2024 at 10:16 AM, Foblander said:

Is it still possible to purchase a vf-1a max at a reasonable price or did that ship sail? 😅

Sent you the link through PM.

Edited by sh9000

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, I also got the e-mail and came here to see if anyone had any specific info on it.

AmiAmi does update their photos and re-lists a figure whenever something gets a design update, so I don't think it's super unusual. I tried doing some surface digging, but the Tamashii Nations sites/blogs/Twitter X accounts didn't have anything on it that I could find, so I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Test_Pilot_2 said:

Anyone else receive a "change of design email" from AmiAmi for the VF-0A Shin + Ghost?

What does that even mean?

Just got that email too, sounds to me like Shin's 0A might look a bit different from the Pre-order pics... but I could be wrong. 

13 hours ago, Big s said:

Probably just a new shade of blue

That was one of my thoughts, it would be cool if they replicated the colors from Arcadia's VF-0A, but I doubt that'll happen. 

Edited by 505thAirborne

14 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Just got that email too, sounds to me like Shin's 0A might look a bit different from the Pre-order pics... but I could be wrong. 

13 hours ago, Big s said:

Probably just a new shade of blue

12 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

That was one of my thoughts, it would be cool if they replicated the colors from Arcadia's VF-0A, but I doubt that'll happen. 

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Perhaps Bandai is updating the landing gears to be white instead of silver :rolleyes:

Possible reasoning (web-translated tweets)...

11/30/2023:

https://twitter.com/muko037/status/1730436416138789253

image.png.c8079f954295150eaab00fa2b6c53cfe.png

2/16/2024:

https://twitter.com/muko037/status/1758487859592569293

image.png.57df488b714366657b5d00dc8cb31438.png

Edited by treatment

• 1 month later...

I am looking forward to this and the DX Chogokin VF-19 Kai Fire Valkyrie.  I am still on the fence about a VF-11 with speaker boobs for Mylene custom, but might be my only chance to get a transforming VF-11, unless Bandai decides to give it the DX treatment.

Twich

What I really want them to do is give us an HMR YF-19/YF-21 pair based on those molds, so I can have a nice compact set for my desk at work.  If they can pull off the old Yamato Fire Valk in that scale, it should be an easy step to make the YF-19 as well.

I think the MAXL is going to be better off as one of their part-swapping kits though.  I don't think there's any way you're going to get a decent transforming version of Mylene's valk at any scale with those wild proportional changes.

7 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Screenshot_2024-03-21-11-31-23-191_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-edit.jpg.e066b62bfa5d0ef4204b9a8c2b830b11.jpg

Seems like more info on the Fire Valkyrie will come in this magazine.

And this was posted on Twitter (X)

I'll need to PO that Figure King issue at some point...sounds like it will have some good M7 content...

• 3 weeks later...