Hi-Metal R

joppewo

Damn I can't wait for mine, it's still in my HLJ pile of loot until Figuarts Darth Maul releases. I think I remember reading somewhere these will also fit onto Tamashii Stage stands, does anyone know which ones? I would assume the 5s because it's mecha/mechanical, but I could have sworn HLJ had something in its description that said Act 4s would work too, which would work for me, I've got 12 packs of three on the way.

Damn I can't wait for mine, it's still in my HLJ pile of loot until Figuarts Darth Maul releases. I think I remember reading somewhere these will also fit onto Tamashii Stage stands, does anyone know which ones? I would assume the 5s because it's mecha/mechanical, but I could have sworn HLJ had something in its description that said Act 4s would work too, which would work for me, I've got 12 packs of three on the way.

Both Act 5 and Act 4 Stages have the same sized connectors, so yeah, a Hi-Metal will connect to either type of Stage (uses a couple included stand adapters to do so). I'd suggest the Act 5 for any long-term flight poses, as the main arm on an Act 5 Stage is much sturdier and stronger thanks to its use of a ratchet joint.

Waiting on Maul as well before shipping my HLJ orders. :lol:

Doesn't look like they changed much of anything based on all of these pictures. Fighter and Gerwalk still look bad IMO. Good thing it'll be wearing armor in Battroid anyway. Though given the info about how they've cheated with some of the attachment points it doesn't sound like it will be as fun to pose as the vanilla VF-1's are.

I don't want to attack Bandai. I love Bandai.

But lets look at facts here: The toy color and design is fine for a low priced small figure.

However, Bandai clearly has not put its A team on Macross in recent times, if ever.

With this release, they are basically re-releasing the failed old line of Hi-Metal that nobody wanted, without any improvements.

So this is really just a reissue.

I was hoping it wouldn't be the case, but there you go.

Secondly, and what is really confusing, is that there Bandai has not applied any of the significant manufacturing advances in the past few years from groups like Sentinel, Yamato, Fewture, and even Bandai's DX Chogokin and Metal Fig lines, which have made amazing strides in joints and tolerances.

Lets face it, this series is geared for mass market to turn a profit, not geared for fans.

On the bright side, if this means that Bandai will use the lower manufacturing cost (by avoiding a full redesign) to give us more rare figures, then I have to agree with them.

Edited by arbit

Your post is contradictory in regards to the DX line and Bandai as a whole. Ultimately I think Bandai would tell you that the dx line is for collectors and will continue to grow while the HMR line is meant to be a fun toy at a lower price point (something between a budget offering and a premium dx line).

This line for Macross is like the Robot spirits / damashii line for Gundams, but with a little premium added due to transformation. Robot spirits stuff transforms too but many part swapping is needed , sometime almost everything is disassemble and reassemble, lol.

The price point fits right in too

It's not made to be a collector class line like Dx chogokin or Gundam lines like Metal build / metal composite .

The original line ended short due to all those clearance sales from Yamato , but with the current price of Valks it's actually more tempting and very competitive . Bandai is also bring more to the table with new Valks and Zenni's.

I hope they will eventually make a vf-25 for this line.

Guest davidwhangchoi

6800 yen + tax = 7344 yen. More expensive than I expected but it is also quite big.J3yJNXW.jpgY4o4RTv.jpg

Im so excited for this release, 6800 yen is better than Spending. 300-500usd for the yamato.

Your post is contradictory in regards to the DX line and Bandai as a whole. Ultimately I think Bandai would tell you that the dx line is for collectors and will continue to grow while the HMR line is meant to be a fun toy at a lower price point (something between a budget offering and a premium dx line).

I agree with you...That is basically what I was saying, in anticipation of all the gripping that will ensue when people see its just a reissue. Also hoping that more fun items will come out of it if sales are good.

But if you look at it from a market and financial perspective, this line was not successful for Bandai when last released as Hi Metal, and they stopped after just a few valks. So with this reissue, they seem to be banking that the market for Macross has grown big enough following Frontier to succeed this time around without a major re-design.

I hope they are right, but if people are not happy with the quality, then we will be back to square one and the line will stop before we get many rare items.

Just build half of the army you were planning.

Nah.

I'll be good with just one if I can even get it at a lower preorder-pricing.

6800y is just too much for it.

I rather get some SRCs or some Robot Damashii stuff instead. Prolly Bandai's plan all along to steer fans away from it and into their other lines by just overpricing the HM-R line...

So when are these bad boys going up for pre-order? I'm in for at least 4, possibly more, was October 1st speculation, or is that really the date? So does this mean Wednesday night be ready at like 11:50pm? I've never done Bandai pre-order madness before, so I'm not sure how this goes, I just know I want to be ready.

I rather get some SRCs or some Robot Damashii stuff instead. Prolly Bandai's plan all along to steer fans away from it and into their other lines by just overpricing the HM-R line...

I get not liking the Hi-Metal line, or at least their take on the VF-1, but over priced compared to what? Arcadia? Who very occasionally make over-priced pink VF-1s? Or that one non-existent company that apparently make Regults? And then you say get some Robot Damashii stuff instead like it's a better value? Isn't that the Gundam line by Bandai that makes you buy like, separate sets to get the complete version of a figure you should have gotten in the first place? I distinctly remember looking into the Gundam Wing line just to see that if you want everything for Heavyarms and Sandrock you have to buy a little exclusive, expensive, sold separate additional parts set. Maybe I'm thinking of another line, maybe it was Robot Spirits or something else, don't really honestly recall, or care. Nobodies gotten their hands on the Regults yet, I don't understand how someone can already have the opinion of them not being worth the price. To each their own I suppose.

I get not liking the Hi-Metal line, or at least their take on the VF-1, but over priced compared to what? Arcadia? Who very occasionally make over-priced pink VF-1s? Or that one non-existent company that apparently make Regults? And then you say get some Robot Damashii stuff instead like it's a better value? Isn't that the Gundam line by Bandai that makes you buy like, separate sets to get the complete version of a figure you should have gotten in the first place? I distinctly remember looking into the Gundam Wing line just to see that if you want everything for Heavyarms and Sandrock you have to buy a little exclusive, expensive, sold separate additional parts set. Maybe I'm thinking of another line, maybe it was Robot Spirits or something else, don't really honestly recall, or care. Nobodies gotten their hands on the Regults yet, I don't understand how someone can already have the opinion of them not being worth the price. To each their own I suppose.

It will be simply idiotic to compare this line to Arcadia, so that's a non-starter.

I reckon you have no idea about the Super Robot Chogokins and Robot Damashii/Robot Spirits lines from Bandai, but maybe you should start. They are both quite a better value and quite cheaper than the HM-R.