Hi-Metal R

joppewo

It will be simply idiotic to compare this line to Arcadia, so that's a non-starter.

I reckon you have no idea about the Super Robot Chogokins and Robot Damashii/Robot Spirits lines from Bandai, but maybe you should start. They are both quite a better value and quite cheaper than the HM-R.

So I looked for a moment into the Super Robot Chogokin stuff, if they don't make valkyries or Macross enemy mecha then they have pretty much zero relevancy to the topic at hand, and they're pricing compared to what you're getting seems to be slightly more expensive then what we're getting for the price of the Hi-Metal valkyries, and it looks like they just make 80+ variants to Mazinger Z and Getter stuff, which I have no interest in. I have quite a few Robot Damashii/Spirits Code Geass figures, they're pretty great, but once again, no Macross related merch, no interest. They're pricing seems decent, I still think the Hi-Metal line is exactly on point for what we're getting, and since nobody has handled their Regult, I believe it will end up being the nicest mass produced Regult we've ever gotten.

Edited by Tking22

It will be simply idiotic to compare this line to Arcadia, so that's a non-starter.

I reckon you have no idea about the Super Robot Chogokins and Robot Damashii/Robot Spirits lines from Bandai, but maybe you should start. They are both quite a better value and quite cheaper than the HM-R.

They also build giant Gundam statues in Japan and in other places across the world. It's safe to assume that Gundam is spectacularly more successful and popular than Macross and those toys can be made in massive batches, which significantly reduces the price of each unit. Regults haven't been relevant since 1983.

Edited by Mommar

The relevancy to this topic is that Bandai is overpricing this line compared to their other lines. It's more expensive than the SRCs and it doesn't even have significant metal-content or hard-plastic content like the SRCs.This HM-R line seems to be pretty much on par with the plastic content of the Damashii line, and yet the Damashii's are significantly way cheaper than this line.

They also build giant Gundam statues in Japan and in other places across the world. It's safe to assume that Gundam is spectacularly more successful and popular than Macross and those toys can be made in massive batches, which significantly reduces the price of each unit. Regults haven't been relevant since 1983.

fwiw, Bandai makes and sell even more obscure robots than the Regult in their SRC line...

The relevancy to this topic is that Bandai is overpricing this line compared to their other lines. It's more expensive than the SRCs and it doesn't even have significant metal-content or hard-plastic content like the SRCs. This HM-R line seems to be pretty much on par with the plastic content of the Damashii line, and yet the Damashii's are significantly way cheaper than this line.

fwiw, Bandai makes and sell even more obscure robots than the Regult in their SRC line...

While some of those toys are cheaper I also see quite a few that are the exact same price and several more that range from a little bit more to a whole hell of a lot more.

While some of those toys are cheaper I also see quite a few that are the exact same price and several more that range from a little bit more to a whole hell of a lot more.

I can only hope and wish that this Regult goes down in pricing quickly like their recent SRC God Sigma.

Bandai overpriced that SRC at 7500y a few months ago, but you can get it now for under 3000y. Amazon even has it under $28 now.

The relevancy to this topic is that Bandai is overpricing this line compared to their other lines. It's more expensive than the SRCs and it doesn't even have significant metal-content or hard-plastic content like the SRCs. This HM-R line seems to be pretty much on par with the plastic content of the Damashii line, and yet the Damashii's are significantly way cheaper than this line.

I'm still not seeing the Hi-Metal R line as over priced, I don't entirely think metal and plastic content should dictate pricing either. What if the Macross license is more expensive to make toys for? I'd imagine getting licenses to Gundam stuff is much easier and cheaper. Each Hi-Metal R valk is also coming with some sort of armor parts too, either GBP or Super, and yet, they are still coming up as cheaper then the average SRC I look at. As for the Regult, same thing, possibly the license issues make it slightly pricier, but to your point on plastic and metal content, we still don't know about that on these guys. As for the Damashii/Spirits line, that appears to made up of much newer, more popular and relevant series then Macross, I'm just not seeing how a fair comparison can be made there, also, those seems to be all over the place as far as extras and accessories go, some seem worth it, others, not in the slightest. At least Hi-Metal valks come with some kind of armor inside the box, no extra purchase necessary, I'd guess if they decided to sell stand alone valks without any extra goodies they could be sold at around $50 each, which appears to be the average price for a Damashii/Spirits figure. I can attest that I'm not familiar with SRC's stuff, but I'm just not seeing how they're that much better of a deal, we're getting into personal preference territory now, yeah, it seems like a line of fairly obscure 70/80s mecha, but many of them don't seem to transform, they're light on gimmicks, and often accessories too. I think the Hi-Metal stuff is perfectly priced for what we're getting, Gundam merch will always be cheaper, it's Gundam, and I'm just not seeing the great deal with the SRC line, die-cast is cool, but they're stuff just seems so sparse on extras and gimmicks, I'm just looking at them and thinking they're exclusively worth it for being sort of heavy, moderately priced takes on older mecha series, once again, lots of Mazinger, Getter, Ox, and yet a lot of their stuff is just a mech, sword/weapon, and some hands, I'm just not seeing how they can compared to transformable, slightly parts swapping, 1/100 valkyries. I can also admit, I'm not much of a die-cast guy, slight or even heavy metal content in a figure doesn't immediately scream quality, or this is worth it, so maybe I'm just jaded on what SRC is attempting to do and charge for their figures.

The Regult does not transform, either...

We also don't know what accessories and extra bits it's coming with, it's also bigger then the valkyries, and we don't know the plastic and metal content of the figure, what if the the legs are completely die-cast, what if the whole cockpit area is die-cast? I'm just not seeing how someone can determine if something is worth X amount when it's an unreleased figure that not a single person has gotten to actually handle in hand. I'm just sitting back and thinking, based on what we've seen, the price seems very fair, whereas I looked into it, the Spirits line was the Gundam line I laughed off after seeing how badly they nickel and dimed so many releases, Gundam Heavyarms and Sandrock were the exact releases I remember, you had to buy an extra, exclusive set that cost as much as a whole figure to get the rest of the bits they should have come with in the first place. I mean, at the end of the day, at least the Hi-Metal line isn't trying to release the valkyries gun pods or landing gear pieces in some extra Tamashii Online Exclusive complete your valk set...

We also don't know what accessories and extra bits it's coming with, it's also bigger then the valkyries, and we don't know the plastic and metal content of the figure, what if the the legs are completely die-cast, what if the whole cockpit area is die-cast? I'm just not seeing how someone can determine if something is worth X amount when it's an unreleased figure that not a single person has gotten to actually handle in hand. I'm just sitting back and thinking, based on what we've seen, the price seems very fair, whereas I looked into it, the Spirits line was the Gundam line I laughed off after seeing how badly they nickel and dimed so many releases, Gundam Heavyarms and Sandrock were the exact releases I remember, you had to buy an extra, exclusive set that cost as much as a whole figure to get the rest of the bits they should have come with in the first place. I mean, at the end of the day, at least the Hi-Metal line isn't trying to release the valkyries gun pods or landing gear pieces in some extra Tamashii Online Exclusive complete your valk set...

Oh, geezus. You're barking at the wrong tree here.

The HeavyArms and Sandrock options are simply _OPTIONS_ to make them season-1. They were also like around 1500y.

You _don't_ have to buy it.

They are totally _un-needed_ and _un-necessary_, like every RD-options.

That's why it particularly shelfwarmed and still shelfwarming. Somebody else is scalping it, but you would do well NOT to get it at all.

Making a Regult work is actually pretty difficult. It's top-heavy and you need really strong, yet small, knee joints. I can't imagine there being any die-cast in the cockpit. That seems like a really bad idea. You'd want it as light as possible up top and put the weight into the feet.

Oh, geezus. You're barking at the wrong tree here.

The HeavyArms and Sandrock options are simply _OPTIONS_ to make them season-1. They were also like around 1500y.

You _don't_ have to buy it.

They are totally _un-needed_ and _un-necessary_, like every RD-options.

That's why it particularly shelfwarmed and still shelfwarming. Somebody else is scalping it, but you would do well NOT to get it at all.

I guess that makes some, slight sense, if you're on a budget you can buy certain Gundams nickel and dimed out if you don't want to pay for a complete version, I just don't understand why the hell someone wouldn't want the figure to just come complete with everything so they can emulate and show off ANY variation they want out of the box? To keep prices down by $10-15? I would see it as more of a pain in the ass honestly, now for completionists they have to buy another set to get everything for their figure?

To stay on topic, I just see a lot of people getting excited over the Regults, we NEVER get enemy mecha, people that don't even have Hi-Metal valks are looking to get some enemy and fodder mecha. Based on how quickly the valks in this R line have sold out, I'm guessing a lot of other people don't think it's too over-priced either, these things are undoubtedly easier to collect and get a hold of then Arcadia/Yamato 1/60 VF-1s. I just can't wait for 1-2 months after these release to pass, so I can see this board filled with people complaining how the H-Metal Regult is too expensive now, and how they can't be found for below $120, and that they should have gotten them a retail...

I guess that makes some, slight sense, if you're on a budget you can buy certain Gundams nickel and dimed out if you don't want to pay for a complete version, I just don't understand why the hell someone wouldn't want the figure to just come complete with everything so they can emulate and show off ANY variation they want out of the box? To keep prices down by $10-15? I would see it as more of a pain in the ass honestly, now for completionists they have to buy another set to get everything for their figure?

It is a known standard practice of Bandai. Plenty of us have been complaining about it since they seem to do it regularly on all their lines (SRC, Damashii, Soul of Chogokins, Figuarts, MonsterArtsetc, etc). It's frustrating as heck.

To stay on topic, I just see a lot of people getting excited over the Regults, we NEVER get enemy mecha, people that don't even have Hi-Metal valks are looking to get some enemy and fodder mecha. Based on how quickly the valks in this R line have sold out, I'm guessing a lot of other people don't think it's too over-priced either, these things are undoubtedly easier to collect and get a hold of then Arcadia/Yamato 1/60 VF-1s. I just can't wait for 1-2 months after these release to pass, so I can see this board filled with people complaining how the H-Metal Regult is too expensive now, and how they can't be found for below $120, and that they should have gotten them a retail...

Well, some buyers just buy it at such prices to scalp re-sell it later at a much higher pricing. The secondary market for Macross stuff seems to be very very lucractive...

btw, does anyone else here have the old Revoltech Regults and can take some pics to show how it scales with the HM-R VF-1J (or any of the old HMs)? thanks.

I didn't get my Hi-metal yet because I cheap out on the shipping. lol and my Revoltech in playing hide and seek with me in those brown boxes. but here's some anymoon pics that you can use for reference.

The Hi-metal is around the same height as the Toynomi 1/100. It's too small to really fit in, maybe in the background. But the Toynomi Regult is pretty big too, if the Hi-metal is around the same size it's probably why it's at a higher price range due to size. With preorder discount it'll probably be around 5800yen.

post-2743-0-52486000-1443473331_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-36990700-1443473346_thumb.jpg

post-2743-0-88592600-1443473366_thumb.jpg

I didn't get my Hi-metal yet because I cheap out on the shipping. lol and my Revoltech in playing hide and seek with me in those brown boxes. but here's some anymoon pics that you can use for reference.

The Hi-metal is around the same height as the Toynomi 1/100. It's too small to really fit in, maybe in the background. But the Toynomi Regult is pretty big too, if the Hi-metal is around the same size it's probably why it's at a higher price range due to size. With preorder discount it'll probably be around 5800yen.

attachicon.gifRevoltech-Regult-8.jpg

attachicon.gifToynami-Battlepod-6.jpg

attachicon.gifToynami-Battlepod-5.jpg

Thanks, man.

I won't have my HM-R until maybe next week to do it myself, but these should at least give us some ideas about it.

btw, does anyone else here have the old Revoltech Regults and can take some pics to show how it scales with the HM-R VF-1J (or any of the old HMs)? thanks.

They're a little small, but I think they work just fine. That's a Revoltech Max for good measure.

post-1318-0-20944800-1443485306_thumb.jpg

According to Tamashii Nations, pre-order for the Regult starts on the 1st of October.

http://tamashii.jp/item_announced/201510/

So it is October 1st, very interesting. So this means be ready tomorrow night before midnight right? I'm going to sign in to every site, get my computer ready, then click refresh from 11:40 to whenever they pop up, I need four Regults, and I need to lock down a pre-order on Figuarts Captain Phasma.

So it is October 1st, very interesting. So this means be ready tomorrow night before midnight right? I'm going to sign in to every site, get my computer ready, then click refresh from 11:40 to whenever they pop up, I need four Regults, and I need to lock down a pre-order on Figuarts Captain Phasma.

This is exactly what I plan to pre-order.. and I am pretty sure I will fail.

Some new pics from TagHobby.

ban160265.jpg

ban160267.jpg

They look great! the Regult's im referring too.. Maybe a tad on the small side but still should be a good toy when they come out!

I definitely want the Monster but maybe I might just pick up a Regult too just for the heck of it!

Love the battle scene photo! B))

Edited by spanner76

These are cool!

IMG_3827_zpsfv334ce3.jpg

So one of mine has a loose leg and always falls off. Is it safe to just glue that back in or does it need some freedom?

The second one had a stuck Gerwalk upper leg hinge and I had to unscrew it and wear down that joint. I think it's all good now.

Dreaming of another Yetistand here...

(sorry yeti I keep spending on toys at the moment!)

I was going for a lance, but failed and only managed three Crusaders :rolleyes:

Are these guys in line with SRC? I've actually managed to avoid every single SRC, but kinda like that it was like 6 inch figure lines between companies and generally be the same size (unlike SoC which scale all over the place), and then they almost fit in some action figure scale and be on the same shelf!

Edited by koonfasa

So one of mine has a loose leg and always falls off. Is it safe to just glue that back in or does it need some freedom?

The second one had a stuck Gerwalk upper leg hinge and I had to unscrew it and wear down that joint. I think it's all good now.

:unsure: falling to bits and shonky hinges.. that's not so good.. hope you got it all sorted!