Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Okay, some design choices are really cool, but others make me go huh?

- Panels in the legs, nice.

- Neck cover built into the shield is a brilliant idea, but what's the point if the Gerwalk mode needs another?

- Panels in the chest, okay.

- High-speed wing mechanism and thigh transformation copied from Arcadia, check.

- Does this have a waist joint? Or is that just a panel seam?

Not sure if I'm going to get this one. Love the 19, but it's a plane that only had a 2-second on-screen appearance.

The transformation from Gerwalk to Battroid scares me a little. Like barurutor mentioned above, lots of fiddly bits.

I think mine will stay in fighter for quite a while before I work up the courage to transform it.

C'mon HLJ, I've got 3 other things in my Private Warehouse, I just need this to complete the shipment!!

Looks like they really went crazy with the tiny folding bits to get everything to fit. Looks good overall so far, but I wonder if the nose is going to be stuck up in the air like the old Yammie. Hard to tell from the video, since they don't show much of a side profile (not without a lot of sloppy transformation :lol: ).

I don't think all of the moving around of the wings will really be necessary, but I imagine they did it to make the steps easier to see for the video.

I also found the bending gunpod hilarious. Yeah, that 2 degrees is really gonna fix that droop. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

see this video left me more confused although I admit some transformation parts are very interesting like the landing gear, shield, legs, torso and the battroid mode has certain charm that remember the yamato 1/72 also the head looks more accuracy at the animation appearance

however I can not help feeling as a copy of the arcadia that have the same features their critics hated like the high speed wings mechanism and aileron of the legs

so I assume we have two options for the same valk and will depend of the taste of each one of us which is better

I'm not sure that the wing hinges would allow for a high-speed mode. It seems to me that Bandai just implemented a different mechanism for the wing swing than the V1 YF-19 and the VF-19 by Yamato.

Looks good! It seems that it uses the same balljoint for the legs that the 0D uses. Kinda wish they had shown it with the gunpod attached in Fighter mode, but it's probably crooked like in the picture from earlier. Looks like it will be fun and worth the wait.

And Boom goes the dynamite!!

*snip*

Finally! Been waiting for this one. I must admit the transformation on this one is more logical than Arcadia's. ;) Thanks erikos0311!

Okay, some design choices are really cool, but others make me go huh?

- Panels in the legs, nice.

- Neck cover built into the shield is a brilliant idea, but what's the point if the Gerwalk mode needs another?

- Panels in the chest, okay.

- High-speed wing mechanism and thigh transformation copied from Arcadia, check.

- Does this have a waist joint? Or is that just a panel seam?

Not sure if I'm going to get this one. Love the 19, but it's a plane that only had a 2-second on-screen appearance.

Check around 1:32 onwards, he snaps back a neck cover. I assumed there's an extra cover besides the one attached to the shield.

that music is stuck in my head

Pachinko music. Or Family Computer game music. :lol:

Overall, I like the transformation sequence. Seeing it has the high speed mode on its wings, I'm interested to see that mode while the Advance pack boosters are attached. It will look awesome for sure. :wub: As for the small wings in the canard, I know it folds towards the back based on the video, I do hope that it can also be folded towards the front for YF-19 configuration. ;) That's it. After seeing the video, I'm just glad I'm getting two. So don't fail me, HLJ for my extra copy. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3ljm

Holy smokes!

To me it appears to be a bit smaller than Yamarcadia 19. Is it truly 1/60?

Don't have the Arcadia 19, but I have a VF-19S from Yamato. To me it looked about the same size.

Check around 1:32 onwards, he snaps back a neck cover. I assumed there's an extra cover besides the one attached to the shield.

Not sure if I was clear enough, but I meant that there's no point to have the cover tuck away into the shield in a bid to eliminate spare parts when a separate one is required for Gerwalk.

Not sure if I was clear enough, but I meant that there's no point to have the cover tuck away into the shield in a bid to eliminate spare parts when a separate one is required for Gerwalk.

I guess I'm a glass half full guy... personally, I'm loving the neck cover that tucks away into the shield idea. IMO it takes care of the 2 (arguably) most important modes: fighter and battroid. And while in gerwalk, it's no different than Arcadia - if you don't want to use the extra neck shield piece, you don't have to! But you have the option at least.

Anyway, after seeing that video, I'm totally pumped for this figure! Like a few other people here, I'm really hoping HLJ comes through on their strange pre-order pop-ups. Come on HLJ!!!

Hlj sent out payment request when they have the item I stock (when they have the items and inventoriezed, the amount reserved from the preorder , what's left over , extra they ordered etc.). It may or may not be the date of release . Could be before or after.

There will be times when you see the item that you preorders showing instock with the yellow "low stock" but have yet to recieved any payment request from them yet . Do not worry , they already put your preorder aside , and the ones they are selling are extras, left over, etc. you'll probably recieved the payment email the next day or so .

Thanks, F360! I can adjust my budget now. And see if there's anything I need to buy from HLJ before I ask them to ship this out. ^_^

Also, I rewatched the video again during lunch break. Since they didn't show it in the video, I also assumed this one also has the pull and extend the knee joint for those A-stance poses, correct? ;)

I like how the chest bits move negating the big gap in the inner thigh; granted, the thigh will still be hollow, but it will only be apparent from behind.

I'm a little surprised how many transformation techniques they borrowed from Arcadia, but when something works well, I can't blame them for copying. Glad they didn't copy the ball jointed ankles or the crappy canard design from Yamato/Arcadia.

I was so hoping they would do a single rotation point on the wings, as I'm not a fan of Arcadia's sloppy linkages, and have neither the interest nor desire to ever put my 19 in high speed mode. Hope they stay tighter than my Arcadia.

While I think the neck shield built in to the shield is innovative, I really wish they could have designed the neck shield into the transformation without removal. IIRC, there was a custom model or toy some years ago that did it well, so that the neck shield rotated 180 degrees and sat under the neck joint in battroid. I don't remember where I saw it, just that I did.

I love how the Japanese do demo and review videos: no opinions or jabbering, just putting the toy through its paces to music. I like how they reinforced the trickier transformation bits with explanatory lineart. I'm looking ever forward to transforming it myself.

I'm a little surprised how many transformation techniques they borrowed from Arcadia, but when something works well, I can't blame them for copying. Glad they didn't copy the ball jointed ankles or the crappy canard design from Yamato/Arcadia.

Is good that they keep some of the good transformation techniques.... but why they don't improve their own. ... I saw a ball joint in the hip....that means loose joint in a while.

Good ankle. Bad hip.

I guess that's the reason why it has a 'colapsible' front landing gear. To accomodate the waist swivel gimik. Arcadia should learn a thing or two from Bandai now. And that's a bold statement coming from a Y23000 toy. ;)

Is good that they keep some of the good transformation techniques.... but why they don't improve their own. ... I saw a ball joint in the hip....that means loose joint in a while.

Good ankle. Bad hip.

I guess, they felt that the ball hip joint (half plastic / half metal) really works well with them to reinvent again. Let's just hope that it will be accessible to tighten it up again if ever it gets loose. ^_^

Oh My God that transformation... I think I'll have one perm fighter and one perm battroid and never transform them.... ever.

It had better be good plastic because all those tiny parts cracking / crumbling just gives me nightmares.