Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

Which shipping method did you choose, anubis? Guess most of us will get it by July, eh. All for one! ;)

Im using EMS the only thing is that I have a PW going on at HLJ and the last few items release on 6/26. Problem is i leave the following friday and i dont think HLJ would have it delivered to me by Thursday the 2nd.

Looking at this valk, its a YF-19 right? Why is this thread and the preorders calling it a VF-19?

Im not sure, but i think its called VF-19 because its not the Macross Plus version, but the Macross Frontier movie version.

Im not sure, but i think its called VF-19 because its not the Macross Plus version, but the Macross Frontier movie version.

"Y"F-19 is a prototype.

"V"F-19 is a production model.

"Y"F-19 is a prototype.

"V"F-19 is a production model.

And it is the prototype model, right. So why all the stupid?

VF-19 Advance is the special Isamu custom version of the production model, so it's different again. Yes, it's all a bit confusing, isn't it?

Is this talked about anywhere?

Edited by Gwynne

Yes, it is shown on the second Macross Frontier movie for as long as it took Isamu to say his obligatory "Wahoooo".

YF-19 is the prototype 19 that Isamu flies in PLUS. The VF-19a (VF-19 Advance) is a custom production VF-19 that is made to resemble the prototype from PLUS, which Isamu flies in the Frontier movie.

IRL I would guess that the change simply makes the licencing easier, since the YF-19 licence is already distributed, so labeling the appearance in the movie as a new model/designation meant that Bandai didn't have to deal with existing agreements.

In fiction, I'd point out that the VF-19a isn't a prototype, so it shouldn't carry the YF designation. But it's also not a stock VF-19, since it's been modified to preform/look more like the prototype.

Edited by Omicron Zero

Yes, it is shown on the second Macross Frontier movie for as long as it took Isamu to say his obligatory "Wahoooo".

Yeah, I know where its from, just was trying to figure out why it was being labeled as a VF-19 Advanced, when it looks like a YF-19 and not a VF-19.

YF-19 is the prototype 19 that Isamu flies in PLUS. The VF-19a (VF-19 Advance) is a custom production VF-19 that is made to resemble the prototype from PLUS, which Isamu flies in the Frontier movie.

IRL I would guess that the change simply makes the licencing easier, since the YF-19 licence is already distributed, so labeling the appearance in the movie as a new model/designation meant that Bandai didn't have to deal with existing agreements.

In fiction, I'd point out that the VF-19a isn't a prototype, so it shouldn't carry the YF designation. But it's also not a stock VF-19, since it's been modified to preform/look more like the prototype.

So because Bandai wanted to make a toy for Isamu's SMS YF-19, they came up with the story that it is not a YF-19 but really a VF-19 that has been modded to be like a YF-19....

Cool. :huh:

Yeah, I know where its from, just was trying to figure out why it was being labeled as a VF-19 Advanced, when it looks like a YF-19 and not a VF-19.

So because Bandai wanted to make a toy for Isamu's SMS YF-19, they came up with the story that it is not a YF-19 but really a VF-19 that has been modded to be like a YF-19....

It was actually described as the VF-19Advance in the Wings of Goodbye book.

Just because it looks similar does not make it the same thing. Easy examples are cars , there's different types with the same base name but each have different spec . A Honda Civic lx is not the same as their ex, si, type R models .

Even if the outside looks the same , if you put a different engine and suspension , it will handle differently . Others are iPads , iPhone , etc.

Another example would be the yf-21. The official production model is called Vf-22. They look almost the same but not.

I don't remember any planes keeping their "y" after their testing stage .

It would be strange if bandai calls it a "yf-19".

You shouldn't blame Bandai for that. They never do such a thing. Hahaha! :lol:

Kidding aside, all Valkyrie units have their own make and histories. Unit A went and upgraded as Unit B. In example, YF-21. It was upgraded to VF-22. Same thing with YF-19. It was mass produced and called as VF-19A. But still keeping the name 'Excalibur'. Now why Isamu's VF-19 looks like YF-19? Since the mass produced VF-19 were identical to YF-19 physically, Isamu kept his signature colors on his VF-19A unit. In which in Macross F, it was now called VF-19 Advance (Isamu Custom).

You can check its history here via Macross Mecha Manual.

YF-19 Prototype: http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossplus/variant-yf-19-prototype.htm

YF-19 (Macross Plus): http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossplus/yf-19.htm

VF-19A: http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrossga/vf-19a.htm

And the rest of the 19's are featured in the Macross 7 series.

So in other words, Bandai didn't made up that story just to produce the toy. But in doing so, Bandai just literally produce their own 'YF-19' as well. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

no3ljm

Yeah I paid all the way back when their preorders opened up and after I failed securing one at AmiAmi like pretty much everyone! Going to pick up one more for myself and maybe a few for members here. Either way Christmas is way early this year! XD

Edited by Shukenzero

Thanks, was not aware of this.

Just because it looks similar does not make it the same thing.

The VF-19A did not look like any VF-19 that I was familiar with. That's what I was trying to clarify. The VF-19S, P, F, and Fire Valk are all very different than the YF-19, which the VF-19A looks just like.

Edited by Gwynne

A VF-19A, painted in Isamu's colors, would be basically identical to his YF-19, as the only difference IIRC is the way the canopy is hinged. The VF-19Advance however, has different shoulders at least, (I think) (to accomodate the newer -25-based FAST packs)

At the past MW con they had the MW podcast crew discussing how in the Wings of Farewell Blu-Ray Isamu's "line" got lost in translation and it should of been in the lines like "Come on old girl! Whaaahooooo!"or "Let's go old girl!Whaahoooo!" Referring that it was in fact the original YF-19 upgraded to VF-19 specs and then upgraded to the Advance. Or I could be remembering wrong since it was a while ago in October, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

But anyway I can't wait to compare the Arcadia Advance to the bandai Advance.

Edited by Murphy

Anyone ever translate the captions for the YF-19 schemes in the "Variable Fighter Master File" book? From the way the block/line numbers are written, it almost seems to me like the Focker-colored one, IS Isamu's, repainted. Of course, there's nothing saying it couldn't have been upgraded and repainted several more times over the years.

I could only translate the katakana, David. Here's what I read so far: YF-19 Galaxy Demonstration Tour. YF-19 in Roy Focker's Special colors. Pilot is Isamu Dyson. I guess, repainted for demo purposes.

preorder for the YF19 is open again on HLJ

https://secure.hlj.com/product/BAN992012/Act

Thanks, for the impulse purchase... -_-<_<

/Enter justification mode.

Eh I have a Yf-21 from Yamato but not the YF-19 from either Yammie or Arcadia. The 19 should be from a different toy company since...in M+ they're from different manufacturers anyway right? Ok let's go with that.

/Exit justification mode.

;)

Eh I have a Yf-21 from Yamato but not the YF-19 from either Yammie or Arcadia. The 19 should be from a different toy company since...in M+ they're from different manufacturers anyway right? Ok let's go with that.

;)

Congrats on the PO purchase, raptormesh! I totally agree on your justification assessment. Both came from different manufacturers. But I must admit that Shinsei Industry puts more tampo on their fighter planes than General Galaxy. ;)

Aaaaaahah, everytime I see the the VF-19A - I get the urge to repaint my Arcadia 19.

One day, one day.

Or a Skull Focker special.

Love to see that one, Kurisama. ;)

;)

lol glad to help.

Question regarding HLJ. If the release date is on the 20th. When do they usually send out those payment request email links? A week before release? 3, 4, 5 days before release? Thanks. Just trying to budget some PO stuff. ^_^

They send out the payment request when the item enters your private warehouse (or is in stock). You than have three days to pay the item. At least that is the way for private warehouse items (where all my stuff goes at first).

You can cancel the preorder without any repercussions before the request is send. After you received the request you have to pay otherwise they will cancel your account. After the item is in your private warehouse you can still cancel it but you will get back store credit and they won't refund the whole price. The one time I cancel an item in my warehouse they only refunded me 80% of the item. Luckily it was only a 600 Yen toy. ^_^

Edited by Scyla

They send out the payment request when the item enters your private warehouse (or is in stock). You than have three days to pay the item. At least that is the way for private warehouse items (where all my stuff goes at first).

You can cancel the preorder without any repercussions before the request is send. After you received the request you have to pay otherwise they will cancel your account. After the item is in your private warehouse you can still cancel it but you will get back store credit and they won't refund the whole price. The one time I cancel an item in my warehouse they only refunded me 80% of the item. Luckily it was only a 600 Yen toy. ^_^

Thanks Scyla. So they sent out the payment request the day of the release date. Cool. Good to know. ;) Thanks!

Hlj sent out payment request when they have the item I stock (when they have the items and inventoriezed, the amount reserved from the preorder , what's left over , extra they ordered etc.). It may or may not be the date of release . Could be before or after.

There will be times when you see the item that you preorders showing instock with the yellow "low stock" but have yet to recieved any payment request from them yet . Do not worry , they already put your preorder aside , and the ones they are selling are extras, left over, etc. you'll probably recieved the payment email the next day or so .