Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Which is strange as past preorders even NY had that 1 per customer rule, but like you said, easy to bypass, as for the 25S, i alrdy have 1 of those and will not need to compete for that. Lets hope that NY does not open the next batch with yet another price hike, if so imuch as well feed the scalpers

I'm sure the increased production is the main reason why ny hasn't marked this up nearly as quickly...yeah it's a more desirable valk but at least it's not like what we had to do before, which was fight for the handful of units available...now we wait to see if they will do the renewal S first or the 30...I'm sure nobody expected every single 29 repaint under the sun before anything new...and where is the vf-27 CF???

I'm sure the increased production is the main reason why ny hasn't marked this up nearly as quickly...yeah it's a more desirable valk but at least it's not like what we had to do before, which was fight for the handful of units available...now we wait to see if they will do the renewal S first or the 30...I'm sure nobody expected every single 29 repaint under the sun before anything new...and where is the vf-27 CF???

You mean the green one? I would not bet on that getting reissued much less a renewal.

And the upcoming VF-25S is a reissue and not a renewal.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

here's a fool proof tip for those who are refreshing the page using f5 or page monitor. and people are doing without telling.

go the the nippan yasan page for the ozma 29

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/6609-macross-f-dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-valkyrie-ozma-lee-custom.html

under the price and not avail button, click on "notify me when avail and use an address that you can get instant notification on your phone.

that's it. NY notifies you instantly unlike amiami or hobbysearch over e-mail. that's how everyone here is posting when it's back up.

Not if you can't use a phone at your respective work...

Which is strange as past preorders even NY had that 1 per customer rule, but like you said, easy to bypass, as for the 25S, i alrdy have 1 of those and will not need to compete for that. Lets hope that NY does not open the next batch with yet another price hike, if so imuch as well feed the scalpers

NY only limit one for the initial first round at retail or less. After first round there is no limit.

NY only limit one for the initial first round at retail or less. After first round there is no limit.

Re: NY, that's not accurate, at least not for this release. I've never noticed Nippon-Yassan to impose a quantity limit on Bandai's Macross Renewal line. In fact that's how a lot of people are able to tell how many quantity NY has in stock.

I've seen HLJ, AmiAmi and Hobby Search limit quantities but even then it's not always that they do so(and as far as I know AmiAmi is the only one that limits one of an item per account vs. one limit per order). At different times/releases I've ordered multiple of the same unit from each of them, sometimes on one order, others at different - same login and same shipping address.

Again, good luck to those still looking - people here have already listed some good info on how to try and secure one at pre-order and then post-release.

-b.

Re: NY, that's not accurate, at least not for this release. I've never noticed Nippon-Yassan to impose a quantity limit on Bandai's Macross Renewal line. In fact that's how a lot of people are able to tell how many quantity NY has in stock.

I've seen HLJ, AmiAmi and Hobby Search limit quantities but even then it's not always that they do so(and as far as I know AmiAmi is the only one that limits one of an item per account vs. one limit per order). At different times/releases I've ordered multiple of the same unit from each of them, sometimes on one order, others at different - same login and same shipping address.

Again, good luck to those still looking - people here have already listed some good info on how to try and secure one at pre-order and then post-release.

-b.

NY has always limited 1st-run. I had this occur when the Alto's 25F reissues were up. They asked me to either let them reduce order to 1, or cancel the whole order.

AFter 1st run, it's anything goes.

Edited by Duymon

I missed the first-day pre-order madness as well, but i do not regret it.

Part of me wants to wait until the standard release, mostly to see if Bandai teases us with more news of another Ozma VF-25S release. The other part of me wants to hover around HLJ's site to see if a "late" pre-order pops up there.

Edited by technoblue

NY has always limited 1st-run. I had this occur when the Alto's 25F reissues were up. They asked me to either let them reduce order to 1, or cancel the whole order.

AFter 1st run, it's anything goes.

Then I guess I imagined the orders I've placed personally (FIRST run) where I didn't have a limit of 1. :wacko:

-b.

*edit, it was one order, but still

Edited by Kanedas Bike

There's no doubt any item will be obtainable after release. The real question is: at what price?

Mandarake shows 7 Isamu Yf-29s from 18-20k Yen at this time. 2 Fokker colored ones 24-26k Yen. Alto Yf-29 @ 30k Yen. Fairly straightforward market economics heh.

And yes I missed the pre-order too.... even missed 2nd one from NY after a nap at the exact time lol.

For those still looking, and not wanting to pay any over suggested retail to scalper prices there is still plenty of reason to be optimistic.

1) HLJ pre-order, once it goes up

2) AmiAmi release stock and perhaps even another round of pre-orders

3) Hobby Search release stock and perhaps even another round of pre-orders

4) *Insert Name of online store here* release stock and perhaps even another round of pre-orders

5) Mandarake for anything from a MISB with a dinged box to ones that are MIB to gently used

6) Someone here will list one for sale from either extras or after opening it and finding that they don't like it or need to sell it

Apologies for being repetitive above, just trying to illustrate reasons why folks can still secure this at a reasonable price. The only reason to get really worked up at this point is that the pre-order discounts of 10 to 15% from stores like AmiAmi, which usually has the best pre-order price, will be hard to come by.

Just don't wait months after release, by then it's a fair assumption to think the prices will have risen well above SRP.

-b.

how reliable is Rakuten???? <_<

It's like Amazon marketplace. Will depend on the shop you are buying from. I have bought a few items from there before with no issues. However, not all will accept credit card. Amazon JP is easier to shop with.

There's no doubt any item will be obtainable after release. The real question is: at what price?

Yup, it will be available at NY and Amazon JP. But the price depends on quantity produced. With Amazon JP, you need to keep an eye through the day when it's released. Some retailers will be happy to list them at retail when it comes out but if there are not many, they will be gone fast. If sales are not good after maybe 1-2 weeks, you may start to see prices falling.