Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Yeah, I'm not going to entertain anything over 17000 Yen; it's either that or bust... either way, I win.

Yes that has happened just about every time after release with NY. If you miss the first NY pre-order you are pretty much going to pay more with the latter ones. Then they figure out they have more stock and then put them on sale. That sucks though for the late round Pre-order people @ NY.

After retail release all the other regular release 29's have all gone UP, not down. (The Isamu doesn't count because everyone who wanted one got one already at retail via via the web store)

Even with Reissue the 30th anni 29 never got below 210-ish.

Thankfully the 29's are cheap to super up (unless you're trying to super-up an Alto)

When I get my Ozzie, I might try to swap the purples canopy and crystals from 30th to the ozzie. the VF-25 ozzy looked great with a purple canopy, don't see why the 29 has a blue one :0

Edited by Duymon

Yeah, if anyone's thinking that Ozma's is going to go DOWN after release, they're going to be in for a very rude awakening. I'd be willing to bet you're going to see close to current VF-4 prices on the secondary market. I'm not going to lie, I snagged one at NY while the order was up, even at 19500, if I ever feel like reselling it, I'll get my money back and then some, no question.

it will be available. bandai has upped their production on all the latest valks. they will be available.

Of course it will be available but at what price. NY will for sure have them on hand. Also nobody have the numbers produced by Bandai so you can't really compare on how much production have increased. The last few releases should not be compared to the YF-29 Ozma. VF-171 and VF-25A are canon fodder. YF-29 Isamu are made to order. VF-27 and RVF-25 are not Ozma or Alto. VF-25F was a reissue and did sell well, but was not as hard to get. Bandai have not reissued the VF-25S yet, and those wanting an Ozma valk might jump at the YF-29.

We might be surprised by the demand. Just have to wait and see.

I hope this will be available later on, but looking at the rampant scalping that's already going on on Evilbay for this particular Ozma I'm not so sure that's going to be the case. Bandai is a strange company, you'd think that of all the YF-29 paint schemes (and VF-25 paint schemes for that matter) the Ozma variants would be mass produced because they have proven to be highly coveted valks. How much cash do you think Bandai is losing on aftermarket sales shenanigans for their Ozma variants alone? It must be quite a bit.

Meh, bloody Ozma re-release delayed, pre-ordering nonsensical, scalping BS. It shouldn't be this hard to buy a $#%^ing toy plane! LOL, I've had easier gunfights in Kandahar FFS.

Rant ends.

For you guys that were lucky enough to snag one of these preorders, good on ya!

Once I get my VF-25S, it's over for me, I will happily, GLADLY walk away from this bullshit that is Bandai's f'ed up marketing strategy. Maybe if push comes to shove, I'll use this YF-29 to get what I want by tempting one of you to part with your VF-25S in exchange. ;)

Either way, I'll finally be free and can finally give this to Bandai-kun :

post-4560-0-79009300-1392128700_thumb.jpg

I'd like to say I'll be done after this one but the YF-30, I think, will wind up being a pretty rare fighter in the end. I don't think in ten years anybody will be dying to make a Valk that only appeared in a video game unless it winds up cropping up in other things since.

It will crop up, trust me. Otherwise Bandai wouldn't be doing this. Remember they had the rights to Macross Frontier, do you really think they won't have exclusive rights to the next Macross series? In other words, someone up there at Bandai knows something is coming down the pipe and that it will most likely involve this Valk. (Probably VF-30)

Guest davidwhangchoi

screw it, i just put a down payment and pre-ordered this for 16200yen w/ my contact. Even if it becomes avail again it's not so bad of a price so i won't lose out on much... (trying to convince myself)

The demand will be in the Japan market. If the demand is strong over there, then the price will be high. I don't think there are many people out there who must buy all and multiples. They will select and choose. So things like the VF-25F/S will sell well. The VF-25F was easier to get probably due to it being a reissue, and those in Japan who already had one, couldn't be bothered getting another. The YF-29 Ozma is not in the TV or movie, but it's Ozma, so will be interesting to see whether the demand is high for it.

If you didn't get it at a good price for preorder, I would think it will be best to just wait now. NY current price, I am guessing that price will still be available upon release unless demand for it is crazy.

It will crop up, trust me. Otherwise Bandai wouldn't be doing this. Remember they had the rights to Macross Frontier, do you really think they won't have exclusive rights to the next Macross series? In other words, someone up there at Bandai knows something is coming down the pipe and that it will most likely involve this Valk. (Probably VF-30)

If you're right, I hope it gets an array of fast packs like the 25 series. Kawamori has his work cut out for him to top the Messiah FP variants IMO.

screw it, i just put a down payment and pre-ordered this for 16200yen w/ my contact. Even if it becomes avail again it's not so bad of a price so i won't lose out on much... (trying to convince myself)

I'd go for it at that price. If you decide to back out or if your contact has room for one more order, then I'd be down.

One reason why I love the VF-25 is that it is a system toy. 3 modes + FAST Packs + Armored Packs + possible Tornado Pack makes for tireless fun and endless display possibilities.

Unless you want to pose something in Gerwalk... then it's just a brick that is impeded everywhere.

Unless you want to pose something in Gerwalk... then it's just a brick that is impeded everywhere.

I've never noticed that. I find that the gerwalk is one of the best, if not the best. The shoulders tend to be less restricted than a VF-1. Although I have to admit that I like doing the gerwalk with the wings swept up a bit.

The VF-25 gerwalk with packs on is frustrating but you can still work with it. YOu just need to manuever the shoulders a little bit so that they sink a little bit.

post-25-0-60603500-1377366090_thumb.jpg

YF-29 gerwalk, however, has no issues thank god.

post-25-0-21489500-1370128024_thumb.jpg
post-25-0-30624600-1369854740_thumb.jpg
Edited by Duymon

I've read it somewhere else as well...do you guys think that Bandai/any other company in their shoes...

Is losing money from the inflated aftersales?

Why? Or rather, HOW?

Bandai/X company actually makes all the money they would, from such a release, when the retailers buy their product and it appears on stock.

I'm pretty sure there's a cost/profit ratio for each run, and Bandai's "account" is always on + profit from these, otherwise they wouldn't produce them.

The over-inflated prices are mostly artificial, you know that, right guys? The VF17D with FP has been out for more than a year. Reviews are well out now, most people know the ups and downs before handling it.

It's not like there's a standard influx of people who have clicked "buy now" at 380-500 USD and the rest followed suit.

I'm almost certain Bandai tries actively to NOT overflow e-tailers with these [remember how 6 years back, you could buy almost any SOC from HLJ, and at one point they all went at -50% sale?].

Bandai Namco's profit last year was 173 billion yen, roughly one third of which is toy sales, of which roughly bugger-all is Macross.

Their primary focus is on Gundam, One Piece, Idol Master, Kamen Rider and Power Rangers. There are other lines such as Saint Seiya and Tiger and Bunny that are popular but suffer shortages too.

The VF-25 gerwalk with packs on is frustrating but you can still work with it. YOu just need to manuever the shoulders a little bit so that they sink a little bit.

YF-29 gerwalk, however, has no issues thank god.

Not owning the Armor Parts I forgot that they're actually more opened then the Super Parts. It's still poseable, if heavy, with the Armor. With the Supers, even with adjusting the shoulders, it's just no fun at all.