Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

That ignores the fact Isamu is a guy from twenty years ago versus Ozma, who people have heard of within just the last few years. It would be insane to think that Ozma and Isamu's popularity would have any sort of parity. Ozma will sell more on his name recognition alone.

The fact that any Valk that has to do with Ozma sells out stupid quick should make it apparent that HE was the main character in Macross Frontier, not Alto. B))

The YF-30 is flown by a no-name, it won't matter.

The fact that any Valk that has to do with Ozma sells out stupid quick should make it apparent that HE was the main character in Macross Frontier, not Alto. B))

He doesn't have to be the main character, he just has to be the most likeable... which was easy in this case.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I missed out last night but i slept like a baby. They'll come out w plenty. But the preorders are going way too fast... My suspicion is right. Bandai trying to create a panic.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

The fact that it has an attractive paint scheme doesn't hurt either.

If Ozma's 29 was a pink and neon green fighter with yellow swirls and purple polka dots, I'm not sure the sales would be as good.

I would buy it in a heart beat!

Guest davidwhangchoi

Arcadia, pulled a similar tactic. The 19 was made to order but arcadia closed preorder 3 times on their own site. Thats their way of moving sales. When people see sold out they go omg! I better find one!!!

Bandai went made to order and cheaper for the isamu 29 and goes back the scarce preorders the directly next pre order. I dont buy it... and not going to fall for it. This is not 2012 where bandai didnt know the demand. They know what they are doing.

I am not sure how to judge whether a valk is in high demand.

VF-25F is now in surplus. I know it has been re-released, and that's how the math gets complicated. But I suppose it's the must-get valk?

VE-1 vs RVF-25. Luca is a named character and VE-1 has 2 seconds air time. VE-1 sold out long ago and RVF-25 has been on sale long ago.

VE-1 got a better color scheme? So is VF-171 CF.

VF-29r is supposedly the boss valk.

YF-29 Ozma is an in-game design only. Definitely not mainstream like VF-25F or VF-25S ot YF-29 Alto. High or low demand? I have no idea.

Friggin' Bandai games. I think a lot of us struck out last night/morning in trying to get this thing nailed down. I'm pretty disappointed about it too as I have yet to get a YF-29.

That said, I'll keep an eye out for one in the coming days/weeks. In the interim, I pulled the trigger on the Focker schemed 29 with super parts to tide me over.

Hmm, I wonder if releasing this one first is a ploy to get all of those Ozma fans who missed out on the 25 to buy SOMETHING with his name on it. Once it's sold, they'll re-release the 25S and double dip with those fans.

I think your logic is sound but I think if this were the case, Bandai would have had truck loads of Ozma 29s to sell to the kiddies. That way, they could max their profit and then re-release the Ozma 25 and get their 2nd windfall. Win/Win.

Ozma is a real cash cow and I'm really surprised that it's not readily available at any given moment.

Missed these preorders. gosh. I can only hope my Contact in Japan caught wind of this and found a source. I was able to get my YF-29 Isamu from him, hopefully I can get the ozma the same way.

At least the Isamu 29 turned out to be fairly prolific. I'm not so sure that the Ozma 29 will be.

Since the Isamu '29 was a made to order web exclusive, the ones still being sold are probably ones that someone had pre-ordered and cancelled, leaving the retailer to try selling them to someone else.

I'm not so sure the Ozma 29 will be as easily available since it's a normal release. Both Alto and Ozma's valks seem to sell out quick and have been difficult to find, at least at sane retail prices. When Alto's 25 was re-released, the same bs happened with the all the online retailers, except NY with the usual jacked up prices, not having any for pre-order. I figured I'd wait until it actually came out to snag one. Except when it did, I wasn't able to catch one then either. I think Alto's 29 was also similarly difficult for people to obtain when it was re-released, having sold out pretty quickly. I have to decide if I am willing to give NY the pound of flesh they will undoubtedly be asking for in the next few batches.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i have to say that alto 25F was fairly easy to find and still is right now on yahoo and mandarake. for about 15000-16000yen new

amiami and hobby search reopened preorders and they stayed around for almost a day for the 25F. i nabbed two from second rounds without going on NY.

prior to the 25F re-release there was a huge debate saying only non hero valks are widely avail bc of non sales not bc of more production. After the 25F release i know positively Bandai has ramped up production numbers on these hero valks and non hero valks alike. Bandai wants to make money,

based on this, i'm fairly certain they'll make a decent amount of production.

the only doubt left in me that they won't (just a small doubt) is if bandai thinks the 29 mold isn't a big seller bc the 30th one didn't really do as well.

my guess is: isamu 29 "made to order" gave them good sales data and priced ozma accordingly (raising prices, i mean if it's the same mold shouldn't it cost less than a "made to order"??? :rolleyes: ) this pre-order close off b.s. is just to drive up demand.

re: ozma 25s, it's pretty obviously why they are not releasing it yet... bandai knows how much demand there is for it. i agree with mommar they're maximizing exposure.

I wonder if/when they will reopen preorders this time? This seems like the hardest of all the Valks to get, considering hardly anybody around these parts even managed to grab one.

Looks like there's one from Hong Kong that's gone up on ebay for $230 already.

so far the only pre-order I've seen reopen was amiami for like 5 seconds and I was fortunate to snag one from that. strangely NY is overdue for their standard reopen/price increase. Chinese New Years could be affecting the whole pre-order market.

i have to say that alto 25F was fairly easy to find and still is right now on yahoo and mandarake. for about 15000-16000yen new

amiami and hobby search reopened preorders and they stayed around for almost a day for the 25F. i nabbed two from second rounds without going on NY.

prior to the 25F re-release there was a huge debate saying only non hero valks are widely avail bc of non sales not bc of more production. After the 25F release i know positively Bandai has ramped up production numbers on these hero valks and non hero valks alike. Bandai wants to make money,

based on this, i'm fairly certain they'll make a decent amount of production.

the only doubt left in me that they won't (just a small doubt) is if bandai thinks the 29 mold isn't a big seller bc the 30th one didn't really do as well.

my guess is: isamu 29 "made to order" gave them good sales data and priced ozma accordingly (raising prices, i mean if it's the same mold shouldn't it cost less than a "made to order"??? :rolleyes: ) this pre-order close off b.s. is just to drive up demand.

re: ozma 25s, it's pretty obviously why they are not releasing it yet... bandai knows how much demand there is for it. i agree with mommar they're maximizing exposure.

Dang, where the hell was I when ami ami and hobby search re-opened?

I just looked at Mandarake and looks like all the ones there are all re-boxed storefront items or second hand items and sold "as is." Oh well.

In any case, back to the Ozma 29, I hate all this guess work and uncertainty. I don't know why they don't just make them all web releases. They make as many as needed so they don't make too many or too few, which seems to me to be the ideal case. All this does is make people pissed off at them. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what they decide to make into a regular release or what to make as a web exclusive either.

Guest davidwhangchoi

there's 2 unopened on mandarake and one resealed (unused), one opened for 14000yen, and new on yahoo. And they have been sitting there for a while unsold. i agree they should all be web releases. my thinking is that there is no panic with web exclusives and that bandai may have figured: to drive demand, they need to be limited or have that fear in place for sales to drive. (case in point yamato's vf-1d virgin road, vt-1 or vf-11c, demand was low in the bargin bin until they couldn't be brought, now demand is high) i think if ozma 29 seems limited it'll sell more than a "made to order". which makes pre-orders a hassle for us bc scalpers are banking on limited runs. if/once it's widely avail at release, scalpers will dump all of them on yahoo for cost. (lower their asking prices) like w/ the 25F. in the meantime, this is where NY will so call "save us" by making it avail but at a higher cost (scalping).

i'm going to wait for release before going into a frenzy finding one if i miss hlj.

Edited by davidwhangchoi