Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

Ha! That Barrett 50cal is awesome!

Yep!

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

"I LIIIKE IT!!!!"  :spiteful: 

:D

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

@Slave IV What company makes that Robocop and what is its scale?  Looks cool.

Yep, as @Darth Mingus mentioned, it’s from Goodsmile’s Hagane Works. 1/12 with diecast. It is really nice...similar to figma but heftier and gimmicks like opening leg with 3 or 4 moving panels that look to recreate the same mechanisms in the movie. Damaged option parts. The chest piece is a nice chunk of diecast and uses magnets to hold it in place. Definitely the definitive Robocop figure to me.  Now, has anyone ever seen any toy 6000 SUX?

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yep!

:D

Yep, as @Darth Mingus mentioned, it’s from Goodsmile’s Hagane Works. 1/12 with diecast. It is really nice...similar to figma but heftier and gimmicks like opening leg with 3 or 4 moving panels that look to recreate the same mechanisms in the movie. Damaged option parts. The chest piece is a nice chunk of diecast and uses magnets to hold it in place. Definitely the definitive Robocop figure to me.  Now, has anyone ever seen any toy 6000 SUX?

Thanks.  I had the Mafex Robocop ordered but I’m considering getting this one as well.  Looks like it can blend in well with other 1/12 scale figures.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks.  I had the Mafex Robocop ordered but I’m considering getting this one as well.  Looks like it can blend in well with other 1/12 scale figures.

Yep, it's pretty much perfect for 1/12 displays. I don't have the Mafex versions but based on the other Mafex figures I have, I don't see any way those could be close to being as good as this one. The only comments I've seen are about the face sculpt where the Mefex might be better but this one looks plenty good to me and that would be my lowest concern for a robot figure..ymmv.

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

So the timing was great! I got another Ghost in the Shell figure today!

C9727C3C-B03B-4D73-AB05-7AFFCC8A2D37.thumb.jpeg.c82dab3b508993d430fadc04d852e918.jpeg7EE346EC-C66F-49B7-A4D0-719714704B38.thumb.jpeg.d9ed78ade16371ba7ff9bf956b5a5d65.jpeg9D4C2C95-2709-4BF7-9CF5-076A23A010A9.thumb.jpeg.674bf06235249ed4406c6bfc5078fdd9.jpeg

Should have a few more different Tachikomas coming any day now too. 

Tachikoma!  What are you thoughts on it?

27 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Tachikoma!  What are you thoughts on it?

Very fun figure! Not a whole lot to it but it does what it needs to. Overall, I like the Revo Tachikoma that came out years ago better and I know they are different styles but I think they executed a bit better. Have a few more of the recent Tachikoma releases coming any day so if I have time to, I'd like to post some comparison thoughts.

23 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Yep, it's pretty much perfect for 1/12 displays. I don't have the Mafex versions but based on the other Mafex figures I have, I don't see any way those could be close to being as good as this one. The only comments I've seen are about the face sculpt where the Mefex might be better but this one looks plenty good to me and that would be my lowest concern for a robot figure..ymmv.

Thanks.

This popped up on my feed so I’ll post it here anyway.  :D

Edited by sh9000

Like clockwork! In three days, I got three Ghost in the Shell toys!

579493AF-0B88-4C63-9113-A24A1458DE8E.thumb.jpeg.5cf863c6fb52d39a0e420fa4c28abd42.jpeg

When has something like this ever happened? Never! But oh no! I didn’t realize it was a model until I opened it. Oh well, looks fun and I’ll get around to building it someday. I think there is at least one more Tachikoma on order to go.

Got delivered yesterday. Dispite that it has two cracked hinges on the joints underneath where the neck/torso joins up, not too fussed over it (untill the eventual DX gets released then its another story right there). 

Was discussing it with @dafoband @rdrunner when the listing was up and took the plunge. One grail knocked off my list! :lol:

20210205_102116.jpg

5 minutes ago, borgified said:

Got delivered yesterday. Dispite that it has two cracked hinges on the joints underneath where the neck/torso joins up, not too fussed over it (untill the eventual DX gets released then its another story right there). 

Was discussing it with @dafoband @rdrunner when the listing was up and took the plunge. One grail knocked off my list! :lol:

20210205_102116.jpg

Nice!

3 hours ago, borgified said:

20210205_102116.jpg

Sweet!

On 2/3/2021 at 1:08 PM, Slave IV said:

Lol, awesome!:lol:

The video got taken down but Arnold’s face and voice were convincing.

807A3D15-2440-4CC7-B8F4-635CF80C0DFF.thumb.jpeg.96d563839da4d973d415272334262313.jpeg

Hot Wheels RX-7 and Super Treasure Hunt RX-7.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

The video got taken down but Arnold’s face and voice were convincing.

807A3D15-2440-4CC7-B8F4-635CF80C0DFF.thumb.jpeg.96d563839da4d973d415272334262313.jpeg

Hot Wheels RX-7 and Super Treasure Hunt RX-7.

Nice finds! I still don’t think I’ve ever seen a STH. I do have cases and cases of HW to the point where I have no idea what’s in them so hopefully there are some in there that I got without knowing. I did realize I had a TH Batmobile after going over a few boxes of HW a while  ago. 

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Finally took mine out the other day, was really surprised how light the VF-11 is.

Indeed it is! The only Yamato 1/60 valk that reminds me of a crane (and maybe a flamingo) do to it's streamlined design. 

320341A2-DB7F-4891-82B7-4D3313BD1D5E.thumb.jpeg.7592adee039bb5b3d08eda01af3dd58f.jpeg

Arcadia 1/60 VF-4A.

C5705425-D190-46B0-85BC-0DAD44ABCB24.thumb.jpeg.7d256ec7899f8233a4f7467268b14a3d.jpeg

Transformers Generations Elita-1.

2F995A1E-0062-4B9B-8928-0FCCDD9D671C.thumb.jpeg.5f653226d30c2fd92ce956ca3e7f5922.jpeg

GI Joe Classified Beach Head.

96333BC7-49F5-4AE5-A564-3E2FF230B096.thumb.jpeg.f02dfc3dc0e8c1eae0eb58cc7bb2d19c.jpeg

09E807E3-F8F0-4F74-9D16-AAA0CCA6E286.thumb.jpeg.72208c1b55ffafa4e2c3bde8345bb26b.jpeg

GI Joe Retro AWE Striker and Storm Shadow.

00AED111-CFBA-4940-B658-63B09FEB88CD.thumb.jpeg.26ce9e3e7c32bcfd30b880897bd5acc1.jpeg

Hot Wheels Jaguar Lightweight E-Type.

19 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Aha, you have alerted me to a potential new series to watch!

Is it good? is it CG or cell? 

CG. It’s alright and definitely hit the nostalgia factor as it is supposed to be like a prequel to the original cartoon. When I first watched it, I was saying it’s the best thing in Transformers media since the original animated movie. But after the initial wow factor of seeing the original based designs and story, it’s been kinda meh to me. I think one of my main gripes is there is hardly any transforming going on in the show about “Transformers”. It’s like I’m watching a drama with some action in it and the characters sometimes transform but only to remind you that they are Transformers but other than that, they could be any other characters form any other show that doesn’t involve transforming. Despite all that and not being inspired to even finish the series yet, I’d still say it’s the best Transformers media I’ve seen since the original...which is mainly a testament to how bad Transformers media has been since. 

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

CG. It’s alright and definitely hit the nostalgia factor as it is supposed to be like a prequel to the original cartoon. When I first watched it, I was saying it’s the best thing in Transformers media since the original animated movie. But after the initial wow factor of seeing the original based designs and story, it’s been kinda meh to me. I think one of my main gripes is there is hardly any transforming going on in the show about “Transformers”. It’s like I’m watching a drama with some action in it and the characters sometimes transform but only to remind you that they are Transformers but other than that, they could be any other characters form any other show that doesn’t involve transforming. Despite all that and not being inspired to even finish the series yet, I’d still say it’s the best Transformers media I’ve seen since the original...which is mainly a testament to how bad Transformers media has been since. 

And I bet there are no humans! I used to love that about Beast Wars. Just need some good eats to go with the viewing.

8 hours ago, Podtastic said:

And I bet there are no humans! I used to love that about Beast Wars. Just need some good eats to go with the viewing.

Yeah, no humans but the Transformers themselves are basically "humans".

I bounced off of War For Cybertron pretty hard.  The background music feels unfinished, making the whole series feel a bit flat.

But what really is annoying is how dumb Prime is.  He makes stupid mistake and moves out of desperation that don't call back to the heroic/wise figure he is in the much more juvenile G1 series.  You are watching and thinking "he deserves to get his ass handed to him for walking into such an obvious trap".  I only got 2-3 episodes in, so maybe it improves, but it feels like light years ahead in production value, with writing that is straight out of a junior high fan fic notebook.  It _really_ wants to be dark and brooding, but the writing just makes it feel try hard.

Almos a year in private warehouse at HLJ

I knew it was going to be small, but dammmn! It is really small.IMG_20210208_105340.thumb.jpg.a02c2902d2cea1169f1e6e430c2572f4.jpg

18 hours ago, SpaceCowboy said:

I bounced off of War For Cybertron pretty hard.  The background music feels unfinished, making the whole series feel a bit flat.

But what really is annoying is how dumb Prime is.  He makes stupid mistake and moves out of desperation that don't call back to the heroic/wise figure he is in the much more juvenile G1 series.  You are watching and thinking "he deserves to get his ass handed to him for walking into such an obvious trap".  I only got 2-3 episodes in, so maybe it improves, but it feels like light years ahead in production value, with writing that is straight out of a junior high fan fic notebook.

Sadly, the production values are all the show has going for it.  The writing is mature, but derivative; the music is phoned-in, as you say; and worst of all, the vocal cast is uniformly bad.  Some actors are trying to imitate the classic voices, some just do their own thing, and some switch halfway-through. <_<

On 2/8/2021 at 3:43 PM, Slave IV said:

I’d still say it’s the best Transformers media I’ve seen since the original...which is mainly a testament to how bad Transformers media has been since. 

Transformers media has been almost uniformly bad, it's true, but there are bright spots, even on television: Animated was clever and witty, and never took itself too seriously, Prime was mature and sophisticated, with an A-list voice cast, and... 

...well, I guess that's it. :mellow:

Animated was terrific, Prime was epic, the original series has some iconic performances, and Bumblebee was a well-made film.

War For Cybertron: Siege was none of the above... but at least it was better than War For Cybertron: Earthrise.  Boy, what a slog that was.:nea:

And yet, I keep buying the toys like a chump... :unsure:

chump.jpg

6 minutes ago, tekering said:

Sadly, the production values are all the show has going for it.  The writing is mature, but derivative; the music is phoned-in, as you say; and worst of all, the vocal cast is uniformly bad.  Some actors are trying to imitate the classic voices, some just do their own thing, and some switch halfway-through. <_<

I found it unwatchable. I tried, I really did. I think I made it three episodes and I was out!

2 hours ago, tekering said:

and Bumblebee was a well-made film.

I've always had a lot of respect for you but if this statement was not a joke, I really need to reconsider that.:p

Other than a few moments where they showed G1 designs that we mostly already saw in trailers, the rest of the movie was a big heaping, stinking pile of (explicative deleted).:D

Several arrivals within the last days after a long time. Got my first Sheryl figure, although I have to build her myself.  

But that Unicorn is really really a big box!  I was shocked as I saw how many parts this thing has, don't know how long it will take me to build. And fconsidering it's only 1/100 scale whereas the VF-1S in the tiny box from Hasegawa is 1/72 it is even more scary. I think that are enough kits to build this year already :huh:

IMG_3785.thumb.jpeg.ab4d99ffb80e555e92c69d923d3ff6de.jpeg

4 hours ago, CrossAir said:

Several arrivals within the last days after a long time. Got my first Sheryl figure, although I have to build her myself.  

But that Unicorn is really really a big box!  I was shocked as I saw how many parts this thing has, don't know how long it will take me to build. And fconsidering it's only 1/100 scale whereas the VF-1S in the tiny box from Hasegawa is 1/72 it is even more scary. I think that are enough kits to build this year already :huh:

IMG_3785.thumb.jpeg.ab4d99ffb80e555e92c69d923d3ff6de.jpeg

Minmay guard!!

I am half way building mine. I am having trouble with some of the seams.

IMG_20210131_124720.jpg