Jump to content

Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.


Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, tekering said:

Yeah, my living room has been under the Hot Toys occupation for years. :unsure:

living_room.thumb.jpg.c12463fea6f7de8879522f217161c874.jpg

My wife is lucky there is zero chance of creating a zero UV light environment in my living room.:lol:

And OMG I want that "Burton" Batmobile! I've seen that up close and even sat in it. It's MASSIVE!!! And super cool. It's by far my favorite. It has that "artsy fartsy" thing going on. I'd almost go as far as to say beautiful.

I took a short ride in the "Nolan" Batmobike (the Tumbler??? I can't remember if that's the name). One of those right place, right time, know the right people things. The "Nolan" BM was an amazing piece of machinery. It actually worked, drove, etc. And it wasn't scary like it was going to fall apart at any second. Most stuff like that is. Too bad they put the GM Performance Parts 350cu in crate engine in it. It should have a 600cu in big block...........with a blower!:p

Edited by sqidd
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tekering said:

Yeah, my living room has been under the Hot Toys occupation for years. :unsure:

living_room.thumb.jpg.c12463fea6f7de8879522f217161c874.jpg

:shok: that's amazing!  So much to take in...  the 1989 Batmobile and the Tron Lightcycles are amongst my favorite pieces in your collection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Saburo said:

So much to take in...

Actually, that's an old photo.  I've added more shelves since. :p

891642973_updatedlivingroom.thumb.jpg.a33d8446f43d7244ebabdc156a7e7cba.jpg

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

My wife is lucky there is zero chance of creating a zero UV light environment in my living room.:lol:

Damn those pagan sun-worshipping wenches! :diablo:

13 hours ago, sqidd said:

I want that "Burton" Batmobile! I've seen that up close and even sat in it. It's MASSIVE!!! And super cool. It's by far my favorite.

7c6.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

I SO want that Deslock!!! @tekering

Oh, that's the MegaHouse 1:6 "Fuhrer Desler" figure.  They were readily available, back in the day... but that was 20 years ago now. :unsure:

1226603680_MegaHouse2001.thumb.jpg.36b0b01a32cf822bbf69bc1b91a21aa0.jpg

But, since this thread concerns recent purchases, here are my GMG Zeon soldiers...

511600454_Zeonsoldiers.thumb.jpg.4c417e220d972afcda947da12566c07d.jpg

...also, incidentally, by MegaHouse. ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tekering said:

Actually, that's an old photo.  I've added more shelves since. :p

891642973_updatedlivingroom.thumb.jpg.a33d8446f43d7244ebabdc156a7e7cba.jpg

Damn those pagan sun-worshipping wenches! :diablo:

7c6.jpg

@tekering, thank you for sharing updated photo.  You have the 1/6 Kaneda and Motorcycle, that is so awesome!! :good:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, derex3592 said:

I found a Hot Wheels at the grocery store this morning that I'll bet no one has!..... I'll wait for a response.. Not gonna open it! LOL! 

20210130_112955.jpg

20210130_113012.jpg

20210130_113023.jpg

Are you sure that hasn’t been opened and swapped? I’d take the Audi if I saw it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I love this Mechander Robo!

Mechander-Robo-72dpi.thumb.jpg.c061bee2245ccb25a546cd78e5e7bbcb.jpg

Support!

You motivated me to un-box mine. I really didn't plan that our poses would be so similar. Great minds think alike I suppose. I like yours better though.:hail:

IMG_8301.thumb.JPG.8e275b957aaf9762ffe9ff348014985c.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Support!

You motivated me to un-box mine. I really didn't plan that our poses would be so similar. Great minds think alike I suppose. I like yours better though.:hail:

IMG_8301.thumb.JPG.8e275b957aaf9762ffe9ff348014985c.JPG

Haha, nice! This is a very sweet figure and I can’t believe I forgot about the character until I saw this go on preorder. Knew at that moment I had to have it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I found a Hot Wheels at the grocery store this morning that I'll bet no one has!..... I'll wait for a response.. Not gonna open it! LOL! 

20210130_112955.jpg

20210130_113012.jpg

20210130_113023.jpg

Cool.  That’s either a factory error or a repack.  The bubble can be removed perfectly from the card with acetone or nail polish remover and then glued back together.  Since it was from a grocery store, it might not have been a repack and returned item.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Are you sure that hasn’t been opened and swapped? I’d take the Audi if I saw it. 

@Slave IVNope, factory sealed.  I already have the white Audi spyder, so I almost overlooked it. 

@sh9000 - I don't think anyone would go to that much trouble for a .99 Hot Wheels this new in a random Kroger in a not great part of town...I'm gonna chalk it up to a COVID era factory error. 

Edited by derex3592
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, derex3592 said:

@Slave IVNope, factory sealed.  I already have the white Audi spyder, so I almost overlooked it. 

Well, that’s pretty cool! I saw something like that once and I was on my way to checkout when I noticed signs that it was a swap out so I just left it at the counter. Really cool to see actual ones especially when the card back and the car inside are both desirable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sqidd said:

Support!

You motivated me to un-box mine. I really didn't plan that our poses would be so similar. Great minds think alike I suppose. I like yours better though.:hail:

IMG_8301.thumb.JPG.8e275b957aaf9762ffe9ff348014985c.JPG

 

17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I love this Mechander Robo!

Mechander-Robo-72dpi.thumb.jpg.c061bee2245ccb25a546cd78e5e7bbcb.jpg

@Slave IV and @sqidd So aweomes! I am jealous, I had passed on the Mechander Robo PO. I have been regretting it. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Saburo said:

 

@Slave IV and @sqidd So aweomes! I am jealous, I had passed on the Mechander Robo PO. I have been regretting it. :(

Thanks @Saburo! It’s a fantastic piece and should still be around so it’s not too late. As I mentioned, this was a must buy for me but it depends on your connection to it. Such a crazy design that immediately hit the nostalgia buttons for me and I’m glad it came out as good as it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks @Saburo! It’s a fantastic piece and should still be around so it’s not too late. As I mentioned, this was a must buy for me but it depends on your connection to it. Such a crazy design that immediately hit the nostalgia buttons for me and I’m glad it came out as good as it is.

@Slave IV I had some memories Mechaner Robo as a kid seeing pictures at Japanese book stores.  The fig is an awesome design and the gimmick are really well executed! As for nostalgia the Super Robot that has the most for me is Raideen. 

Going to check the budget. :D

 

6 hours ago, sqidd said:

Oh yes and oh damn...  Thanks @sqidd!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Saburo said:

@Slave IV I had some memories Mechaner Robo as a kid seeing pictures at Japanese book stores.  The fig is an awesome design and the gimmick are really well executed! As for nostalgia the Super Robot that has the most for me is Raideen. 

Going to check the budget. :D

 

Oh yes and oh damn...  Thanks @sqidd!

 

Raideen is another great one. I love most the super robots from back in the day starting with the OG, Mazinger Z.

The gimmicks with the Mechander are really great, especially the shields but I love them all. I would say objectively, the figure warrants a sub $200 price easily but given the likely smaller run from an offshoot company, I get the ~$250 price. That extra $50 or so makes it a tougher call if it were anyone that just didn’t absolutely have to have it. The figure itself is top notch from finish, design, build, joints perspective (however, no diecast). It just feels wonderful to mess with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Saburo said:

@Slave IV I had some memories Mechaner Robo as a kid seeing pictures at Japanese book stores.  The fig is an awesome design and the gimmick are really well executed! As for nostalgia the Super Robot that has the most for me is Raideen. 

Going to check the budget. :D

 

Oh yes and oh damn...  Thanks @sqidd!

 

I enable.....I mean, you're welcome!:p

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man, if it weren’t for the lack of a smiling head sculpt this is absolutely the best Superman figure yet.

4383553C-9890-4CE3-B536-4B622E7DDB1C.thumb.jpeg.4f017268576e82dfeb62dd4c2b52c0a0.jpeg

Shoot, mine might be defective.  There's supposedly two half-wires in the middle of the cape that I don't have.

Edited by Mommar
Link to post
Share on other sites

This just arrived, been looking for a while and one finally showed up for a (somewhat) reasonable price on YJA.

Supposedly the interior trays have never been opened.

20210201_110533.thumb.jpg.9d85ce90329652e13bf1086870443cd1.jpg

Just don't ask me how bad the shipping cost was :vava:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

This just arrived, been looking for a while and one finally showed up for a (somewhat) reasonable price on YJA.

Supposedly the interior trays have never been opened.

20210201_110533.thumb.jpg.9d85ce90329652e13bf1086870443cd1.jpg

Just don't ask me how bad the shipping cost was :vava:

I had a heck of a time getting my M&M 22’s. If I see a Max I’ll ping you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a bunch of figures today. Here are the two I had to open right away. 
935CB392-FDB4-4CFD-BE38-0AA1FCD1E99B.thumb.jpeg.1a56ec92953b3a742c9fb92528d88b52.jpeg

Short review: She is swee-eet!

Also got some accessories to back up my collection of Motoko figures:

15AC8266-28EC-4760-9060-3137D43288EC.thumb.jpeg.ed72cd87e39eb4e1da103a08aa430069.jpeg

Good figure but nothing special other than it comes with some smoking accessories that you don’t see very often with toys. 

This is also a rare occasion that I got two figures from Goodsmile when I rarely buy any figures from them. They make good figures, just rarely of characters I feel the need to have. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Issues with availability and shipping has meant pumping the breaks on the Macross stuff.  Instead some Hasbro Black Series Mando and the Moff Gideon got delivered today.  Great toe articulation, Moff!

IMG_4867.thumb.png.b440a581c9d4ef49d3d2af34f9d5d672.png IMG_4868.thumb.png.415632dd142d539de26180d5777a9514.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Got a bunch of figures today. Here are the two I had to open right away. 
935CB392-FDB4-4CFD-BE38-0AA1FCD1E99B.thumb.jpeg.1a56ec92953b3a742c9fb92528d88b52.jpeg

 

Ha! That Barrett 50cal is awesome!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...