Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

FYI, the skull on my Hikky 1S is crooked. I had a VERY hard time being able to tell, to be honest, not that it's an excuse when we pay $150 for these things.

It's obviously a factory issue. It's persistent and it only happens on the left side. That means there's some automated machine doing the tampo on each of the stabilizers and the left one is not calibrated correct. It's still Arcadia's fault though, it's their name on the box.

Edited by Mommar

FYI, the skull on my Hikky 1S is crooked. I had a VERY hard time being able to tell, to be honest, not that it's an excuse when we pay $150 for these things.

It's obviously a factory issue. It's persistent and it only happens on the left side. That means there's some automated machine doing the tampo on each of the stabilizers and the left one is not calibrated correct. It's still Arcadia's fault though, it's their name on the box.

Your Last sentence says it all. Watch 5 years from now the SMV Hikaru 1-S will be an "avoid" Valk. Mine isn't here yet, but if it arrives and is crooked on the left, I'll be convinced its a chronic issue.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey theres no reason for getting mad at me for bringing up Arcadia quality control issues.

stop sounding like a prick and people will respect you.

i think the post you made of name the top three valks was pretty good. people generally respond to decent posts.

Hey theres no reason for getting mad at me for bringing up Arcadia quality control issues.

The slanted skull issue's been extensively addressed since the 20th December on the Hikaru's thread. Recon also posted his question there and it's been largely responded since.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39847&p=1092225

So it's absolutely not true that the issue got ignored.

Edited by Reïvaj

I cannot tell if my Arcadia Roy 1S has a crooked skull. The delta doesn't seem to be as wide as when everyone was comparing the crooked skulls on the 1/48 line with the skulls on Yamato's 1/60 v2.x releases. I'm happy to be ignorant of it. However, my Arcadia Roy 1S does have a couple minor paint blemishes that my Yamato 1S does not have. There was a tiny paint chip on one tail fin that I'll need to fix with some matte black, and there is a blemish in the white paint in the same area. Since manufacturing defects are a roll of the dice, and I had to hunt for these, I'm not ranking them on my list of big deals.

Arcadia high points

• The new paint scheme -- I was on the fence with this one until I was able to see the toy in person. I really like the change.
  • Better tampo inside the cockpit -- My Yamato v2.0 has an odd white/green HUD, for instance.
  • Better gummy pilot -- Arcadia's pilot looks to have better paint detail than my Yamato pilot (luck of the draw?)
  • A solid transformation -- This may be because the Arcadia 1S is new or that I have a Yamato 1S without option parts...

Yamato high points

• Rainbow canopy on certain versions -- If Arcadia could make a tinted canpy work, I would love to see it return.
  • More tampo on the fighter -- Yeah, I miss the ejection seat tampo too.

Overall, I am quite happy with Arcadia's release. I'll be picking up Hikaru from the post office later on this morning.

stop sounding like a prick and people will respect you.

i think the post you made of name the top three valks was pretty good. people generally respond to decent posts.

"I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus

Underneath the mistletoe last night.

She didn't see me creep

down the stairs to have a peep;

She thought that I was tucked

up in my bedroom fast asleep.

Then, I saw Mommy tickle Santa Claus

Underneath his beard so snowy white;

Oh, what a laugh it would have been

If Daddy had only seen

Mommy kissing Santa Claus last night"

It's been a nice holiday season so far. Don't make me bring out Krumpus.

"I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus

Underneath the mistletoe last night.

She didn't see me creep

down the stairs to have a peep;

She thought that I was tucked

up in my bedroom fast asleep.

Then, I saw Mommy tickle Santa Claus

Underneath his beard so snowy white;

Oh, what a laugh it would have been

If Daddy had only seen

Mommy kissing Santa Claus last night"

It's been a nice holiday season so far. Don't make me bring out Krumpus.

I'm not sure highlighting Mom's supernatural infidelities makes the case for behaving...

Yamato/Arcadia are good toy engineers , they listen (for the most part..I'm talking to you..you BIG f*#kin' box)) to the fans.

Since the 1/48 we've gotten options parts/stand and mold improvements.......It's obvious that Arcadia care/ are fans of Macross.

.........But it can all come undone at the rented Chinese factory, with minimum wage earners.

*put together TOO tight= stresses joints/plastic ..things break.

*Factory marks, glue stains

*parts applied backwards.

*wrong/missing/flaking paint apps.

......Arcadia try their best to reduce these QC issues..but they will be in every release...unless Arcadia stop manufacturing in China, which won't happen, unless they source it to India, which would be a step down in QC.

...So the few times I've received a train wreck I scream to the heavens..."F*#k you Chinese factory"...rather than "F*#k you Arcadia".

sorry thats ridiculous. at the end of the day arcadia makes the call. they can reject issues back to the factory. they can also have people on the ground at the factory. you're name is on the box, you signed them off as "ok for sale". this is the same in ANY industry. We cannot let the blame slide downhill. its got to go straight to the top. crooked skulls are not ok despite the fact that the issue is a non issue for the majority of fans....is IS an issue for some people as it should be. i hold arcadia 100% responsible. i'm pissed even if i won't see see it 99% of the time (DYRL valks get super/strike parts for me...nake dyrl valks just look wrong to me).

I would like to start instigating against everyone who has said they like the bright snow white on a military combat mecha -- over the Yamato DYRL gray.

Was really hoping Arcadia would have thought of actually piloting these in space against killer aliens and toned it down a bit.

Oh well - bring on the M&M re-releases please, at least they will match my current uber white TV stuff . . .

sorry thats ridiculous. at the end of the day arcadia makes the call. they can reject issues back to the factory. they can also have people on the ground at the factory. you're name is on the box, you signed them off as "ok for sale". this is the same in ANY industry. We cannot let the blame slide downhill. its got to go straight to the top. crooked skulls are not ok despite the fact that the issue is a non issue for the majority of fans....is IS an issue for some people as it should be. i hold arcadia 100% responsible. i'm pissed even if i won't see see it 99% of the time (DYRL valks get super/strike parts for me...nake dyrl valks just look wrong to me).

it,s all good Mechapilot77 , I agree with you , it is an issue regardless how big or small....I,m pretty sure Arcadia have employees on the factory floor overseeing production,signing off etc...as in similar industries, it is Arcadia,s name on the box,and I do hold them responsible ...but like I said in my post, QC issues will be in every release....because we,re all human, the way I see it is if you recieve a dud you have 2 choices 1.shrugg it off 2. Fight it to the bitter end......all depending how bad the QC issue is.that,s what I mean,t when I said "f$!k you Chinese factory" ...lol, sorry for my colorful language.Merry Xmas mate!!

I would like to start instigating against everyone who has said they like the bright snow white on a military combat mecha -- over the Yamato DYRL gray.

Was really hoping Arcadia would have thought of actually piloting these in space against killer aliens and toned it down a bit.

Oh well - bring on the M&M re-releases please, at least they will match my current uber white TV stuff . . .

I want gray VF-1's soo bad that it hurts

Guest davidwhangchoi

Let's just say we're watching this thread now. Like Santa. We know who's naughty or nice....and instigators. :)

thanks dangard ace, and going forward, i won't take things into my own hands and insult a particular instigator and let the mods handle it. (one of them was banned already)

i like the dyrl colors as well but i guess i'm going to have to get used to arcadia colors if i'm going to hope they will re-release max 1s.

Arcadia high points

• Better tampo inside the cockpit -- My Yamato v2.0 has an odd white/green HUD, for instance.
This always bugged me on my 2.0 Roy. I assume they made the instrument panel black now, like every real and sci-fi aircraft ever? Anyone got a pic?

^Yes. The instrument panel is now a little different. There seems to be black fill with white outlines for the instruments and green lines with black fill for the center screen. It's hard to see in my cell phone picture, but there are also yellow accents along the top and bottom. I think the new panel has more depth than the original v2.0 inverted white panel.

I attached a quick and dirty cell phone photo that should give enough detail, albeit blurry.

post-5492-0-85674700-1387840326.png

Chill guys. I think the rationale of raising this issue was to highlight the crooked skull insigna and other small issues which were not captured or addressed with this release and are mostly likely a cause of Factory QC and Manufacturing issues. Afterall this toy have seen several revisions over the past decade and we are paying a slightly higher price for this release thus expectations are slightly higher. That in all, i would say its a pretty good release in terms of improved pilot sculpts, detailed hud, more anime accurate base color as well as the provision of a stand.

Anyways have a Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

Edited by recon

Yes this bad mother-Focker (too harsh?) has already landed in my country so I might be able to have him in hand after the holidays. Cant wait to swoosh around with him. This will be my first VF-1 from Yamcadia so I'm not gonna look at the tail fins so it won't spoil my experience with it.

The Arcadia white of the toys might be an indication that we might get a Max VF-1 or even a Kakizaki in the future because you cannot create a Skull Squadron with the off-white the Yamato VF-1 had mixed in.

^Yes. The instrument panel is now a little different. There seems to be black fill with white outlines for the instruments and green lines with black fill for the center screen. It's hard to see in my cell phone picture, but there are also yellow accents along the top and bottom. I think the new panel has more depth than the original v2.0 inverted white panel.

I attached a quick and dirty cell phone photo that should give enough detail, albeit blurry.

attachicon.gifroy1s_pit.png

Yeah, thankfully my Yamato Roy Low Vis has the corrected instrument panel as well. I believe they also had it on their T.V. versions too.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I'm having fun trasnsforming Arcadia's Roy 1S and messing with the option parts. It's a solid piece, even though I have one tailfin with a pitiful paintjob. I'm thinking of getting another for the collection since Roy's 1S is so iconic. I would keep this one as the "show" model that guests, both young and young at heart, can handle.

Also, having both the Yamato and the Arcadia next to each other, I can also see the green in the off-white DYRL color of Yamato's base coat.

Guest davidwhangchoi

attachicon.gifroy1s_pit.png

nice pic, thanks for sharing the photo of the cockpit technoblue.

i haven't got my arcadia roy yet bc i always choose sal, but this close up shot gives me a preview of an angle that i normally can't see from the typical demo shots.

About 4 weeks to never.

I once used SAL a long time ago, took an eternity, decided to never use it again. Have a look at the blacklist thread on the sales forum, jenius had a package lost by using SAL shipping.

Many members here have ordered SAL and taken them close to a month but In my opinion SAL is a risk just to save 10 bucks.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You're welcome, David!

On a related note, I am not sure if I have the patience for SAL shipping. However, the price is definitely tempting. On average, how much time does a shipment take to get to you by boat?

all my stuff i ship SAL and it takes about 2-4 weeks from jpn to nyc or NJ, the most i've waited was 6 weeks. yeah, i'm cheap with shipping bc i'm never in a hurry for my stuff. but i'm always late to the party posting where everyone probably moved on to another topic by the time i get mine. i got my arcadia roy off mandarke for 11000yen + SAL shipping which came out to 2280yen. i'll prob see it mid to end of jan or beginning of Feb.

this is stupid but i had every 1s except hikaru for some reason i just can't pull the trigger on him. i guess i'm a sucker for roy. this is my 7th 1/60 (ver. 2.X) of roy 1s in some form or fashion.

i can't seem to get the impulse for him, i had a chance to get arcadia hikaru for 9000yen +sal shipping after fees through my proxy guy but i passed again bc i always find something else to buy. i ended up with encore devastator.

(btw, i think SAL is still by plane but just slower with regular plane mail)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

SAL is also uninsured.... I have an MP-8 lost in the ether because of SAL :(

that stinks grimlock is valuable. i should add that i send all my cheap stuff like fastpacks and bandai super parts sal. and high end stuff like the vf-4g, yf-19 ems insured. (i guess 1/60 valks are pretty cheap = SAL)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Just opened my Arcadia VF-1S Roy on Xmas day itself. Everything is great about it and the skull emblems on the tail fins are straight. Hope to see DYRL VF-1S Max, TV VF-1S Roy, VF-1J Hikaru and Max/Millia released sometime in the future as well as VE-1 Elint Seeker and VT-1 Super Ostrich.

Anyways Merry Xmas guys and more macross goodies in the year of 2014