Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Is there any real difference between this and the focker yamato v2?

We won't know until somebody gets one and transforms it. Or unless arcadia release details.

The plastic looks a lot geryer (is that a word?) than the off-white from the yammie DYRL.

The head looks more angular too.. but it could just be me.

Maybe they refined the mold. Maybe not.

They seem to be picking up the release schedule a bit from what most people were saying. Looks like they'll be pumping out the VF-1 mold to help pay for the re-design of the other valks like the 19.

I never got a Roy of any kind so it works for me :D

Edited by Gakken85

So Arcadia will now post new release info on non-Arcadia sites?....heck non-Japanese sites?!....

Looks like someone took a DYRL Focker V2 and adapted a YF-21 stand to hold it...

That is a different base than the YF-21's stand base. I think this could be fake though, this would be plastered all over net right?

This is a good thing to keep the VF-1S Roy manufactured, and it would be a good idea to add the Ikaru version also because they are both the most popular and desired toys amongst the Macross series when you start the collection.

Concerning the release from Arcadia, it seems that it would also come with option parts (cover under arms as seen in the 1st picture).

Looking at his twitter pics, is he building the Bandai kit?

This is a good thing to keep the VF-1S Roy manufactured, and it would be a good idea to add the Ikaru version also because they are both the most popular and desired toys amongst the Macross series when you start the collection.

Concerning the release from Arcadia, it seems that it would also come with option parts (cover under arms as seen in the 1st picture).

Yes, but at what price? I am so used to the VF-1 being the inexpensive staple valk.

If this is official I might consider a buy. Especially since I don't have a V2 VF-1 from Yamato.

I don't know if I prefer the DYRL? Skull Squadron or the SDF Vermilion Squadron. I like the gray color and the consistent markings as well as the Strike Parts better on the DYRL? Squadron but on the other hand the SDF Squad + Roy has a VF-1J whose head unit I adore and since the four planes include a VF-1S, VF-1J and two VF-1As you get more variations.... and no strike cannons. :(

So I guess DYRL? yay! ^_^

Looking at his twitter pics, is he building the Bandai kit?

Yes, but at what price? I am so used to the VF-1 being the inexpensive staple valk.

It's true that Arcadia prices are a step up more expensive than the Yamatos, but I guess this is the price we will have to pay to convince Arcadia to develop new molds on Macross lincense

It's true that Arcadia prices are a step up more expensive than the Yamatos, but I guess this is the price we will have to pay to convince Arcadia to develop new molds on Macross lincense

I was hoping that the creepy "O face" pedo dolls would make up for that with how much those things go for LOL.

That's just a coincidence that I changed the banner last night. I've been wanting to change it since 2012 ended and that was my first chance. :D

While I'm waiting for Arcadia's official announcement before I even start to drool, I do think that the inclusion of a stand would make it that much more expensive. But at the way the market is going, is making a toy more expensive the right move? At prices like this, I think people will be fighting for it at the bargain bins or others will wait to see if there will be an unassembled version.

One can never have too many VF-1S.

Although at that price, maybe Arcadia should change the name to VF-1$ :p

Graham

Nice one Graham. :D However, if it's a sign of things to come, perhaps it might be more fitting to cover all the releases by just calling the whole series "Macro$$"