Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Guest davidwhangchoi

Finally got my Arcadia Roy, did not contemplate the Christmas rush that always delays shipping. Took some quick pics for comparison with the old Yammies with some natural light, wish I could take better pictures and do a small review but I've been having a very bitter and sad month and have little time.

The white is rather hard to tell apart from the old TV white in plain sight unless you're looking for it but it is a different shade of white, slightly darker than the old Yamato TV white, let the pictures do the talking.

I don't know how to call it so I'll just call it Arcadia white.

thanks for the great shots valk addict, and for remember to do the comparison shots, i'm sure all the MW members appreciate it:)

wow that is REALLY close. i wonder if it is down to piece to piece or run to run variation. you can barely see it putting them together like that and i'm sure you needed good lighting to see it too. i think unless everyone's is like that its "too close to call" the shot with the wings close up its easy to see....but then look at the body of the valks...not so easy. seems it could be a lighting issue but again..i trust your judgment as yoyu have compard in person. in box....he looks rpetty white. not planning to unbox mine for a little while.

Happy to help.

My Yammie VF-1S DRYL fokker is the original v2 release with rainbow canopy, old crotch and exploding shoulders from '08 hasn't been on direct sunlight but it is a bit yellowed by time altought not that much cause it matches my more recent Hikaru and Max 1S. The contrast of both TV and Arcadia white makes it look almost nauseated green, LOL, definately liking Arcadias new direction.

so i've been out of the macross collecting game for years...decided to make a comeback tour.

will the new arcadia 1/60s fit the older version 1 Yamato 1/60 fast packs (the one with the detachable legs to fit into nose cone) or did the version 2+ yamatos totally screw with the sizing and attachment points?

so i've been out of the macross collecting game for years...decided to make a comeback tour.

will the new arcadia 1/60s fit the older version 1 Yamato 1/60 fast packs (the one with the detachable legs to fit into nose cone) or did the version 2+ yamatos totally screw with the sizing and attachment points?

No, V1 will not fit V2 without significant modification

Yay my package with the both VF-1S is underway. It already left Japan on a plane and will be in my hands soooon. :lol:

I was kinda surprise how fast hlj shipped the stuff. I it took like two days to get the package out.

Time to save up for customs and fees. :(

Yay my package with the both VF-1S is underway. It already left Japan on a plane and will be in my hands soooon. :lol:

I was kinda surprise how fast hlj shipped the stuff. I it took like two days to get the package out.

Time to save up for customs and fees. :(

Where are you at? Who charges the fees? The post office?

Guest davidwhangchoi

:lol:! That'd be too much to deal with! No, I only have one wife that follows me wherever I go -so far.

the REAL question is... Do you have VALKS in all those countries :D

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guys, those who have the new arcadia VF-1S Roy, could you check if your piece have the slanted skull syndrome on the tail fin? Thanks

i could have sworn i saw some pics of the slanted skull emblem for the VF-1S Roy

Reference pics credits to nipponya188 from toysdaily

1488642_1425190967715191_260625231_n.jpg1412347_1425190931048528_1775031541_o.jp

Edited by recon

I do wonder if they will adjust the colors on the Fast Packs to match the brighter white color of the Valks? Though the old colored DYRLFast Packs looks great on the new Hikaru 1S right now (pictures forthcoming in the other thread once there's some decent light to take them.)

It got ignored and I love it.

I agree in regards to me, I think I was so happy that the line continued after the panic of Yamato closing shop that I was a little passive on what should be high quality execution. It's not the customers role to support a company in order to hope they get good product someday, it's the companies role to execute operational standards and quality to draw customers in and have the benefit of us choosing to spend our money on their product. I just think it's unacceptable B.S. for their quality control team to miss this. If they didn't miss it, then it means they deployed the stock knowingly with the defect and do not value the customer but expect us to just support them till they get it right. That's not how buisiness works. If you think about it, a lot seems rushed and jumbled:

1. They missed Tampo on the nose which has never happened before, the skull is crooked on more valks than in the past, and I truly believe that the Bright White Color of these Valks was not an intended design but an oversight and mistake by them. I love the new Arcadia White though and prefer it over the old DYRL Color, I just don't think it was intended.
  2. I believe in my heart they were moving fast, thinking faster, delegated and trusted too much, and someone just coded the plastic the wrong color.
  3. The Box Art doesn't even depict the correct Valk, if you look, the ejection seat warning on the box art is a hollow red triangle like the old Tampo one. One can not argue that it is a sticker because if you look in your waterslides and normal decals there is no hollow red triangle anywhere, all you have is the triangle with the writing in it. I'm pretty sure David mentioned that this was an acknowledged mistake by them in an ealrier post. It just shows an example that stuff went wrong on the internal side with these two releases.

This is not a rant, I do not hate Arcardia, I'm just making an observation as a huge fan of this line and a collector. I wish the best for this line because it has been one of the best, but past success and loyalty does not translate into being void of accountability and critique.

Edited by sreichma

It was stated before that the bright white was intended and they decided to make future DYRL? releases a brighter white than the previous Yamato ones. The skull does seem rushed and I have to agree with that.

Didn't know that the new color was announced, I stand corrected. Thanks for the feedback.

Yamato/Arcadia are good toy engineers , they listen (for the most part..I'm talking to you..you BIG f*#kin' box)) to the fans.

Since the 1/48 we've gotten options parts/stand and mold improvements.......It's obvious that Arcadia care/ are fans of Macross.

.........But it can all come undone at the rented Chinese factory, with minimum wage earners.

*put together TOO tight= stresses joints/plastic ..things break.

*Factory marks, glue stains

*parts applied backwards.

*wrong/missing/flaking paint apps.

......Arcadia try their best to reduce these QC issues..but they will be in every release...unless Arcadia stop manufacturing in China, which won't happen, unless they source it to India, which would be a step down in QC.

...So the few times I've received a train wreck I scream to the heavens..."F*#k you Chinese factory"...rather than "F*#k you Arcadia".

I will begin with anger towards the factory rather than Arcadia, keep in mind, I wasn't hating on Arcadia - I just think they really had a rough patch somewhere on the internal side with these two releases. I say we move past it since the chain should really be about the valk rather than debating Arcadia. After all, as I said, I like the new white better then than the old dyrl white.