Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

Awesome pictures! I saved a copy of the last one for my wallpaper, hope you don't mind :)

What backdrop is that you're using? How did you light the scene?

The stand can hold anything. It's really heavy duty.

Conversely, it becomes such a hassle when changing out adapters or adjusting angles.

Awesome pictures! I saved a copy of the last one for my wallpaper, hope you don't mind :)

What backdrop is that you're using? How did you light the scene?

Of course! Do whatever you want with the picture.

My backdrop is two sets of WAVE H-Hangers (http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVHH-11/Sup). The black space surrounding it is just foam board.

As for my setup, I have two desk lamps aimed straight at the Valk from the upper corners just outside of the frame. I shot the photo with an iPhone 4 and adjusted exposure, contrast and brightness afterwards in photoshop until I found something I liked. Hope that helps!

Edited by typev3

There's nipples ( giggidy ) on the covers that you have to make sure are facing up.

You just pull up on those. Mine aren't that tight.

LOL.. thanx skullmilitia.

I haven't owned a yammie OR Arcadia yet with option parts, but I've heard that the side covers can come off easy.

BTW.

typev3 transcendent snaps,moreyesplease!!!

Edited by troyness

With a bit of F-111 mixed in. :)

f111_hc.jpg

General%20Dynamics%20F-111.jpg

F_111_A8_109_20101203raaf8202385_0023.jp

(dat nose)

yup i've always thought so too. something about the wings also reminds me of the f-111 more than the 14 too though undeniably the f-14 was the main inspiration.

one thing i've always found odd about macross valks though is their complete lack of horizontal stabilizers though. kind of jarring actually...i thnk thats why the vf-1 (and most valks) while ageless looks better from some angles than others.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Technically speaking I believe the horizontal stabilizers are replaced by single/multiple-axis thrust vectoring; high-thrust vernier thrusters; low-thrust vernier thrusters; canards; angled ventral fins; angled vertical stabilizers and/or the combination of some or all of them. Aesthetically speaking, I concede they can sometimes look a bit lacking.

On the other hand most horizontal stabilizers on Transformers toys look terrible in bot mode because they cannot magically shrink during transformation or are lacking a good folding mechanism. The same goes to an extend for the wings of the VF-1 and VF-17. ^_^

I completely agree about how terrible those Transformers toys look :lol:

Wings are always a problem, but I still prefer the way the wings of the VF-1/11/17 fold to how the wings of the VF-4/22/25/29 do. Not sure about the VF-19's ones though.

Edited by Reïvaj

Yeah.. after you've been a macross fan.. it's hard to enjoy the Seeker mold. Even the MP's look kind of lame in fighter mode.

The original seeker MP-3 looks pretty cool in fighter, but the robot mode is terrible hah.

I completely agree about how terrible those Transformers toys look :lol:

Wings are always a problem, but I still prefer the way the wings of the VF-1/11/17 fold to how the wings of the VF-4/22/25/29 do. Not sure about the VF-19's ones though.

I think the VF-19 wings are cool (minus the VF-19S/F) because the fold so seamlessly into the wing roots and line up perfectly. I wish Kawamori had designed a sliding joint so that the stubby wings of the S and F would be less pointy in Battroid-Mode.

Yeah.. after you've been a macross fan.. it's hard to enjoy the Seeker mold. Even the MP's look kind of lame in fighter mode.

The original seeker MP-3 looks pretty cool in fighter, but the robot mode is terrible hah.

The MP-3 would look good in robot mode if they split up the hip-thingies so that the horizontal stabilizers stayed at the legs and slide up just like they do on the MP-11 the rest could then still dangle from the hips or be placed on the backside of the robot. There is a fan-mod out there for the MP-3 that seems not terrible complicated. That shows that it could be done. I'm sure MP-3 looks the way it does because Kawamori envisioned it like that.

But this is not a Transformers board is it? ^_^

Edited by Scyla

I think the VF-19 wings are cool (minus the VF-19S/F) because the fold so seamlessly into the wing roots and line up perfectly. I wish Kawamori had designed a sliding joint so that the stubby wings of the S and F would be less pointy in Battroid-Mode.

The MP-3 would look good in robot mode if they split up the hip-thingies so that the horizontal stabilizers stayed at the legs and slide up just like they do on the MP-11 the rest could then still dangle from the hips or be placed on the backside of the robot. There is a fan-mod out there for the MP-3 that seems not terrible complicated. That shows that it could be done. I'm sure MP-3 looks the way it does because Kawamori envisioned it like that.

But this is not a Transformers board is it? ^_^

someone did those mods and engineered a superior mp-3.....igear. lol. kawamori didn't "want to make the same toy" he did 30 years ago when he helped with some diaclones....at the time of mp-03 TF aramada was a recent memory..starscream was a swordsman....the kibble on the hilt was suppposed to resemble scabbads a samurai might have on his belt. i think though if they went with that idea and deviated so far from the G1 source material they might as well have included a damn sword that fits in there. that would have been really cool and have really pissed peple off. haha. back to the topic. i don't see why you couldn't have horizontal stabilizers on a vf-1...they'd just need to be on a hinge to mofold up and then anothe rmecahnicsm to fold into the legs. its not really that hard to hide stuff if you want to. imagine the vertical stabilizers on the arms of a mospeada legioss..with an added hinged joint to fold them horizontal. yes i did jump trom TF to macross to mospeada back to macross in one paragraph. lol.

Slightly off-topic...

I believe kawamori just made an on-the-spot excuse for the "scabbards" on MP03. The guy has had a fetish with hip "kibble" since like, 1994 or something. Pretty much every hero or villain mecha he has designed from Plus and onward has those scabbards, whether they are transformable or not.

On topic...

Is there any word on Fast/Strike packs for the new releases? I'm itching to nab a Hikaru 1S later on, should I just wait for a bundle?

I don't see bundles in the future from Arcadia. Some would say maybe because the 19 is coming with fast packs but I don't see it coming on the Vf-1's. They've never re-released bundles, even when they reissued the super parts and the 30th valks there were no bundles and even now with it being Arcadia, no bundles.

I'm not including the plus set with the flashlight, I don't consider it a reissue as much as a correction on quality control.

I don't see bundles in the future from Arcadia. Some would say maybe because the 19 is coming with fast packs but I don't see it coming on the Vf-1's. They've never re-released bundles, even when they reissued the super parts and the 30th valks there were no bundles and even now with it being Arcadia, no bundles.

I'm not including the plus set with the flashlight, I don't consider it a reissue as much as a correction on quality control.

It's probably more profitable to release sell the valks and the super parts separately.

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Finally got my Arcadia Roy, did not contemplate the Christmas rush that always delays shipping. Took some quick pics for comparison with the old Yammies with some natural light, wish I could take better pictures and do a small review but I've been having a very bitter and sad month and have little time.

The white is rather hard to tell apart from the old TV white in plain sight unless you're looking for it but it is a different shade of white, slightly darker than the old Yamato TV white, let the pictures do the talking.

I don't know how to call it so I'll just call it Arcadia white.

Lets see if you can spot the Arcadia white, they're not in the same position. *hint* look at the pilot.

ArcadiaWhite001_zpsd284f80c.jpg

ArcadiaWhite002_zps66cf2d6d.jpg

ArcadiaWhite003_zps0352448f.jpg

ArcadiaWhite004_zps78471ff8.jpg

Finally got my Arcadia Roy, did not contemplate the Christmas rush that always delays shipping. Took some quick pics for comparison with the old Yammies with some natural light, wish I could take better pictures and do a small review but I've been having a very bitter and sad month and have little time.

The white is rather hard to tell apart from the old TV white in plain sight unless you're looking for it but it is a different shade of white, slightly darker than the old Yamato TV white, let the pictures do the talking.

I don't know how to call it so I'll just call it Arcadia white.

Lets see if you can spot the Arcadia white, they're not in the same position. *hint* look at the pilot.

ArcadiaWhite001_zpsd284f80c.jpg

ArcadiaWhite002_zps66cf2d6d.jpg

ArcadiaWhite003_zps0352448f.jpg

ArcadiaWhite004_zps78471ff8.jpg

Dang!!! How long have you had that poor VF-1S in direct sunlight??? :)

Thanks VA for the comparision pics. From the closeup shot on the wings, we can see the white on the Arcadia VF-1S is not really a pure white, but that of a slight greyish white tint as compared to the pure white on the TV VF-1S. I really prefer this tone as compared to the beige white that DYRL has. Now if Arcadia could fine tune the DYRL Strike and Super packs to have a more blueish green tint tone to it, that would be perfect

Edited by recon