Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Roy Focker Special Movie Ver

kengiu

I am kinda disappointed by the announcement of this re-issue. Surely by now people who want the VF-1S would have gotten one already considering this is the hero mecha of the series. How many more could they possibly sell and at what RRP? Strange decision by Arcadia me thinks...

Still hoping for a VF-1D, VE-1 or Virgin Road....

I've honestly gone back and forth over whether to sell the Arcadia Roy and Hikaru I picked up on the first go around. I really prefer the original off-white of the Yamato versions. I just like the idea of having the display stands around (though the existence of Yetistands is making that harder to justify, bulky monstrosities that they are).

Mostly right now, I'm just disappointed they didn't release the packs sooner, and separate from the valk. I know a lot of people have been waiting for them.

It is a bummer that Arcadia seems unwilling to sell the add-on part on their own it seems. I don't need another DYRL VF-1S Focker Custom. I already have one. What I don't have are the Super Strike Parts! ^_^

Good question. Having a common base white on the Valkyries may be annoying for some but it makes financial sense for Arcadia, especially if they decide to continue to switch between TV and movie sets (the GBP 1J Hikaru, this new Roy reissue, and ???)

Another point that is curious is the amount of markings shown in the new images. Will the ejection seat triangle be making a triumphant return as Tampo or is it still a sticker for this set?

Edited by technoblue

I'll probably pick one of these up. Surprisingly, I don't have a 1/60 v2 Focker VF-1S at all. I tend to go for the CF version of valks if they exist. I'm not really partial to the Hero valks most of the time, unless they're unique.

if this is what it takes to get more super and strike parts.....i do like the bright white missiles...like the tv releases. it won't match the old dyrl releases though...then gain if i have tos ein battoid or vice versa....it dones't relaly matter. only really need those missiles for fighter mode. i wonder if the reticence to release strike parts before was the deicsion on what color to release them? the old ones woudldn't have matched the new arcadia white...and releaseing arcadia white ones aren't an ieal match for owners of older yamato dyrl. oh well.

i'm still regretting selling my fastpacks off (even though they sold at market basically)...

Edited by Mechapilot77

I think I am in the minority group of "Love Macross but missed the first release of Arcadia's VF-1S." I am really excited that they are re-issuing this and YF-19 (missed that one too). If they do a Max super J version after this, that would be the best.

I think I am in the minority group of "Love Macross but missed the first release of Arcadia's VF-1S." I am really excited that they are re-issuing this and YF-19 (missed that one too). If they do a Max super J version after this, that would be the best.

im right with you on that pal, i came to toy collecting pretty late and this is a bless for me, i dont want to pay scalper prices on stuff :S

I don't think the yamato SDFM white is the same as arcadia's white. I'm at work right now so i can't check. Anyone know for sure off hand?

I'm at work too. But I will check tonight when I get home to confirm. I both have Yamato TV VF-1S (Roy) and Arcadia DYRL VF-1S (Hikaru). ;)

I don't think the yamato SDFM white is the same as arcadia's white. I'm at work right now so i can't check. Anyone know for sure off hand?

I'm at work too. But I will check tonight when I get home to confirm. I both have Yamato TV VF-1S (Roy) and Arcadia DYRL VF-1S (Hikaru). ;)

Sold my Arcadia Roy and Hikaru VF-1S's, but as others have joked about that white has a 'pinkish-hue' when viewed under certain, or most, lighting conditions.

It is not at all the same as the Yamato TV white.

All of the different shades of VF-1;

Yamato DYRL

Yamato TV

Arcadia DYRL

-b.

I have too many V2 Roys, but I will take one of these at least. I don't have any of the Super Strike gift sets except for the VF-1S Strike Plus + set (Hikaru), I ordered all my Super/Strike sets separately years ago.

Out of all the whites, I think I like the Yamato v2 DYRL? off white the best. I would place the Yamato v2 TV white second and the Arcadia white in third place.

Edited by Loop

If Arcadia had a pair...They would re-release the dark grey LOW-VIS VF-1S Roy with MATCHING Super/Strike parts and see how quick they sell! :ph34r: ..OR finally give us a low vis 1:60 ver 2 of the 1:48 Low Vis! ...just sayin... <_< I'll let the pics do the talking..

post-11393-0-07991100-1460680306_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-99032200-1460680315_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

I have too many V2 Roys, but I will take one of these at least. I don't have any of the Super Strike gift sets except for the VF-1S Strike Plus + set (Hikaru), I ordered all my Super/Strike sets separately years ago.

Out of all the whites, I think I like the Yamato v2 DYRL? off white the best. I would place the Yamato v2 TV white second and the Arcadia white in third place.

Same.

If Arcadia had a pair...They would re-release the dark grey LOW-VIS VF-1S Roy with MATCHING Super/Strike parts and see how quick they sell! :ph34r:

QFT!!!!

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Out of all the whites, I think I like the Yamato v2 DYRL off white the best. I would place the Yamato v2 TV white second and the Arcadia white in third place.

+1

Sold my Arcadia Roy and Hikaru VF-1S's, but as others have joked about that white has a 'pinkish-hue' when viewed under certain, or most, lighting conditions.

It is not at all the same as the Yamato TV white.

All of the different shades of VF-1;

Yamato DYRL

Yamato TV

Arcadia DYRL

-b.

So yeah. I just checked mine.All the while I thought the Yamato TV color were the same as Arcadia whites. If the Arcadia has more 'pink' hue to it, from what I noticed under the lights we have here at home, the Yamato TV has a little bit of 'yellow' hue going on it. And I know I bought the Roy I have only displayed from the previous owner. But as I look closer on the Yamato one, not all the whites are equal. Like the shoulder part is whiter than the chest area. The upper arm is whiter than the lower arm part. But in short, the TV one has a little bit of yellow hue. For some reasons, I kinda dig the Arcadia white more. ;)

Question. So it's just the missile on the arm pack and the Reactive Missiles from the Super/Strike Packs are somehow the concern if it's going to match the recent Arcadia 'white', right? But the rest of the missiles that came with the default Valkyrie is already using the same Arcadia 'white'. And does is still have the same color as the previous DYRL packs, right? Coz it's too hard to tell on the photos provided by Arcadia. :rolleyes:

The fast packs are using the darker blue tone/color of the DYRL packs and not the lighter tone/color of the TV packs. Whether it is a 1:1 match to previous releases of the DYRL fast packs and strike parts remains to be seen. We probably won't know until someone does an in-hand comparison of both side-by-side. But, if I were to hazard a guess, Arcadia does not have as difficult a time matching these colors. If you consider Arcadia's 1J GBP release, for instance, the blue and red on the armor in that version is a close match to the older Yamato versions. The only differences are in the amount of Tampo printing and the tone/color of the white parts.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i gave it some thought... i think it would be actually bad for Arcadia to release the DYRL super and Strike packs separately at this point... The majority that want DYRL strike packs separately are to complete old yamato off whites valks. given that arcadia /white strike parts would not match the off white DRYL yamato's, it would create a lot of issues and complaints of lack of matching colors etc.

releasing it with matching arcadia white vf-1s roy, Arcadia can reboot the entire line clean without worrying about past compatibility. once roy and a few other DYRL valks are in the wild in new arcadia white, it'll be easier then to release the arcadia white strike packs separately. though there's a minority who brought the recent arcadia vf-1s that do need the strike packs eventually, at this point it'll just create confusion regards to color for the majority who want them,

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I definitely think Arcadia should release the strike/super pack separately. The second hand market for the Yamato releases are ridiculous. I can see them first releasing the VF-1S bundle with the strike/super packs and wait a few months before putting the pack out separately. That would allow them more time between the VF-1S re-release and the next Valkyrie.

Plus if they don't release the packs separately that would be a huge kick in the balls to any one that bought the first release of the VF-1S.

i gave it some thought... i think it would be actually bad for Arcadia to release the DYRL super and Strike packs separately at this point... The majority that want DYRL strike packs separately are to complete old yamato off whites valks. given that arcadia /white strike parts would not match the off white DRYL yamato's, it would create a lot of issues and complaints of lack of matching colors etc.

releasing it with matching arcadia white vf-1s roy, Arcadia can reboot the entire line clean without worrying about past compatibility. once roy and a few other DYRL valks are in the wild in new arcadia white, it'll be easier then to release the arcadia white strike packs separately. though there's a minority who brought the recent arcadia vf-1s that do need the strike packs eventually, at this point it'll just create confusion regards to color for the majority who want them,

I agree with you here, David. As much as I would like to have only the Packs, it won't justify for me to buy a set just to get the packs to match my Arcadia 1S Hikaru's and to dispose the Roy 1S that came with it. I should probably just wait and see if ever they will going to release a separate set and just sell the Yamato Packs that I have loose. Or if there's no separate release down the road, then I will just repaint those white arm pack missiles and the reactive missiles.

The only thing I fear is that Arcadia might release the other VF-1's with Packs (looking back at my Hikaru's VF-1's).