Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

I was referring to the Ozma YF-29 variant. While it has some minor yellow highlights around the intakes and the skull on the spine the skull is really small (not that it stands out much anyway) and it's largely just really dark colors. Looks pretty low viz to me.

Aye what Duymon said above. It's just a personal preference though. I have made a few attempts at removing the yellow strips on Gamlin's vogel but it didn't look good. Grey on most surfaces is much better and I have no skills to repaint an entire yamato sadly.

Eh, it's a relative low viz.. You get almost the same effect plus it's semi-stylized. A fully low-viz scheme isn't interesting enough on a toy to entice most people to buy. I don't want to nitpick but I can plainly see yellow on that second pic... but I get what you're saying.

I hope someone from bandai reads these posts and fixes whatever loose hip problems were there. Yamato would always keep in mind constructive complaints/advice.

So funny that they chose this particular scheme just as yf-19 news was announced. lol

I think the yf-19 will kick its butt in reviews. I'm going to get one though.

What a coincident! ^_^

I think a lot of it is due to the lighting in the area, and various reflections.

Unfortunately though, Bandai still hasn't gotten the knack of dividing construction by color to minimize the paint required. Half of the YF-29 30th version is literally molded in the opposite color it's supposed to be, so they wind up painting over half of the plastic.

That's partly due to the gaudy schemes they keep using on the 29, but it's also because they molded the entire backplate as one piece. One way or another, half of the backplate is going to wind up painted.

I'm thinking it's the lighting also. The first pic makes the turret gun look more yellowish, but the 2nd, rear angled shot makes it look like it's the same as the rest of the fighter.

I wish they did something with the shield connector for fighter mode. It's not stable and doesn't hold well in comparison to the renewal 25's and it really shows in that second pic.

Actually, don't think that's a problem with the shield there, I think they just didn't push the turret down all the way.

The shield connection is pretty terrible all around though, so I hope they did something to help it stay on.

Ah, I think you're right. But, yeah... the shield connector is garbage on the YF-29. It wiggles around like a loose baby tooth.

Guest davidwhangchoi

if it weren't for the expectation of the yf 19's high price, i would prob have wanted this... but saving up for possibly 2 yf 19's takes priority.

Because the new YF-19 is awesome. :)

It's awesome, and I want three in that mold so I can display it in all three modes, but I honestly don't want that color scheme multiple times. I can justify several CF 11C's but Isamu's scheme doesn't work the same for me... plus I'll have a YF-29 in that color as well which enough double dipping for me.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Because the new YF-19 is awesome. :)

Why do you want two?

i want to play with one... i try to keep one unopened to collect so i try to get doubles if i want to open one. i want one to swoosh around and switch up for weapons play. looks like there's a lot of combinations with the armament given

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i want to play with one... i try to keep one unopened to collect so i try to get doubles if i want to open one. i want one to swoosh around and switch up for weapons play. looks like there's a lot of combinations with the armament given

You may have sold me on two... lol