Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

It's kinda weird that it would work for a timeline since Isamu was flying the YF-19 in the last Frontier

Movie. While Alto was flying the 29'.

Although obviously canon - that shot was largely just eye candy for the movie. The Macross 30 game has him in a YF-29. Maybe he's like a car collector and has a whole collection of planes. He did save humanity after all so he's a celebrity :lol:

Well, knowing how Macross 30 played around with the timeline, you can't really consider anything there as making sense anyway. :p

Also, when you play through the game, Isamu does start out in the YF-19 (along with Guld being in the YF-21.. again, timey wimey :blink: ), but gets the upgrade to the custom 29 somewhere along in the plot. How he actually comes by it isn't obvious, so I imagine it's part of the story text I couldn't read.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Both YF-29 (Isamu) and VF-25A are exhibited at Tamashii Nations Akiba Showroom.

attachicon.gif??????.jpg

thanks for the youtube video, it really helps show the colors for the vf-25a as well as the isamu 29...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

This must be fate or something. I just finished playing through the story mode of Macross 30 a couple of weeks ago and was wondering how amazing it would be to have a toy of Isamu's YF-29. Lo and behold... This.

Also, I second the requests for a YF-30. Aisha is so awesome.

YF-30 Chronos will probably be the next Tamashii web exclusive.

My avatar is the best looking colour scheme of the YF-29 to date. ;)

Eeeeeeeyeah........

DX-YF-29-30th-Anniversary-13_1351141192.

im gonna have to disagree.

macross-f-dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-val

I love the head Lazer on Isamu's. Makes me wanna consider getting the arcadia next year.

Nope. I don't really like it either. It's not bad, just... uninspiring.

I liked this colour for the VF-25A but I really don't need it on the YF-29 but anyway everyones taste is different.

Eeeeeeeyeah........

DX-YF-29-30th-Anniversary-13_1351141192.

im gonna have to disagree.

macross-f-dx-chogokin-yf-29-durandal-val

I love the head Lazer on Isamu's. Makes me wanna consider getting the arcadia next year.

I will have to disagree...

vandal+(46).jpg

YF-29_GERWALK_01.JPG

Edited by YF-29 Durandal

Bringing MacrossJunkie's weathered YF-29 to a duel is not a fair game man!

I for myself preferred the 30th Anniversary over the Alto at release but I have to say that the red on the Alto looks great. Maybe they do a reissue some day. :)

Bringing MacrossJunkie's weathered YF-29 to a duel is not a fair game man!

I for myself preferred the 30th Anniversary over the Alto at release but I have to say that the red on the Alto looks great. Maybe they do a reissue some day. :)

But a reissue has already been done. It will have to be a re-reissue, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Even though the pre-order deadline is supposedly past, I went ahead and got one from NY. Since I haven't gotten any e-mails informing me that it's out of stock, I guess it's still possible to pre-order. I'm assuming that they placed orders for a few extra on top of their actual pre-orders for stragglers like me, or they have excess pre-orders due to cancellations and will continue to accept pre-orders until those are all spoken for.

Or I will get an e-mail in a couple of days saying that I missed the boat. We shall see. :)

It's possible that they ordered excess or just have people who cancelled pre-orders. That or they just didn't bother changing the pre-order button which I doubt so but we'll see.

I got it a few days after Bandai's preorder closed and I myself felt abit worried. Guess you're worse off lol. I've already paid for it though, so that should hopefully make them honour my order at least instead of cancelling it due to not having enough in stock. Still, mostly hoping.

Fun fact, in doing my review of the YF-29 Focker I learned for the first time that Bandai made a change between the Alto version and the Focker version by beefing up the GERWALK support joint. It really helps with the super parts. Check out anymooon for a new HD video and pics of what I'm talking about if this is news to you. -

If this ha seen covered earlier I apologize, but why did bandai spell Valkyrie wrong on the YF-29 Alto version? It's spelled with an "i" on the alto version on the front of the box instead of a "y". Was it a mistake or is that how it was really spelled for some reason with that version?

Check out anymoon or my youtube channel to watch a person transform the YF-29 from battroid to fighter without ever once having the shoulders pop off. I did four takes on the shoulder transformation sequence and not one time did I lose a shoulder... but I did get the thing helpless stuck a few times and had to return to the start and obviously I was being super careful. Hopefully my hands aren't in the way too much and you can all see how to manage it.