Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

I just got the same notice... not sure if they're just playing it safe. I suspect it's because they've had numerous cancellations close to release date before. Afterall, many folks here cancelled their VF-171CF, VF-27, RVF-25 and possibly the VF-25A CF; And weren't there a fair share of YF-29 30th cancellations too? It would certainly explain the surplus of stocks left in their inventory post release.

Though this being a web-exclusive, shouldn't really be the case.

Off course this is all just conjecture on my part.

Edited by SaitouSad

I think NY sent out their invoices a bit overeagerly. The VF-171EX Super Parts had the 25th of December last year. They where also a Tamashii Web exclusive. I assume the release date for the YF-29 will be similar (like late December).

New message just came in, they said to disregard the payment request since they confirmed release is in December. ^_^

Edited by Scyla

• 2 weeks later...

I seriously doubt that I will receive my two copies prior to Christmas, but you never know......

This is really too much just to have for Christmas. December 21 is the date of despatch of Tamashii. In addition it is a Saturday. What makes a date of receipt of stores to 23 or 24 December.

With the holiday season, it is likely that stores send it after Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Payed for mine, my first Bandai Frontier valk, I'm pretty much buying it for the "scalping potential", really hope this thing is worth the 180+ pricetag and they fixed those wonky flaws from the previews YF-29's.

My Focker YF-29 just arrived and I believe its an improvement over the Alto version - which I don't own yet and am still debating whether or not to pick it up. Given Bandai's history I expect even further improvements will be made to the Isamu version.

I'm just hoping they molded the thing in colors that make sense this time.. the silly paintschemes on the previous two required them to essentially mold the thing in one color, then paint over half of it. :p

unless they made new shutoffs in the mold i'm sure this thing will be molded the same way. however ,this decos seems to need less paint. i cancelled my order for this months ago but i may be drawn back in....it looks so good!

Probably just molded in the base colour and everything else will be painted (black stripes etc).

Given Bandai's recent offerings of the VF-25A and the 25G super parts, I have a feeling we'll see an improved version in this YF-29, i.e not having the flaws of the previous ones. I do hope I'm not wrong :p