Bandai DX YF-29 Isamu Coloring

Tochiro

We all know they're going to do Isamu Super Parts, I wish they'd just announce them at the same time so we could get them with the valk instead of having to wait another six months.

Honstly, I'd skip the Supers completely. I think they're to unwieldy on the 29. i got the ones for my 30, and mostly they sit in a bad, because they're more trouble than they're worth on the toy.

Honstly, I'd skip the Supers completely. I think they're to unwieldy on the 29. i got the ones for my 30, and mostly they sit in a bad, because they're more trouble than they're worth on the toy.

I Disagree. the Super parts are Awesome on the 29's. I have no issues with them on my 2 altos and 2 30's.

At first I hated the look of the 29 and the packs, but after playing macross 30 for a while the design just grew on me. WIll need to order supers for each of my Isamu's :0

post-25-0-77157000-1368213555_thumb.jpg
post-25-0-77844800-1368213546_thumb.jpg
post-25-0-21489500-1370128024_thumb.jpg
post-25-0-64956200-1370057833_thumb.jpg
Edited by Duymon

How does it look without the blue-grey bits? to me the wing tip extensions look really natural and I like the wing shape better, the inner boosters and the intake covers are the only parts that feel like bolt on extras.

Heh.. yeah, the size of the box those parts came in had me thinking I got the wrong item. It was tiny.

I kind of hope someday I'll find a set of Alto's packs relatively cheaply. I don't mind the way the 30th packs look, but I think the entire design would look better without the darker color for the pods on the tips. Plus, due to Bandai's ridiculous molding scheme, half the pods are molded in white and painted over anyway, which just leads to them turning white if they get scratched. <_<

For all the effort the model division puts into making molds that produce parts in the proper colors, it's like the toy division can't even comprehend the concept. Though.. to be fair, they didn't exactly design any of the Frontier valks (or their paint schemes) with much thought for how the toys or models would work to begin with,

• 4 weeks later...

I canceled mine, it's just not as interesting as the 19.

It really isn't, but I kept mine anyway to add to my 29 lineup. Hoping for an Ozma next to round out the group although the 30th does not really fit in anywhere. At least the others are cannon as far as the game/movies are concerned. I still like it though. :)

I'd honestly take a different paint scheme but I much prefer the Head style and gunpod of this Isamu version.

The only difference on the head is the one vs. two (four?) head laser design. The rest of the head is identical right?

I just wanna ask which part of the month Bandai usually releases their Tamashii Exclusives. Because I'm most likely overseas during December and might not be able to receive the package from NY if it release early December. Does NY support delaying shipment? I emailed them 2 times but they did not reply me :(

I just wanna ask which part of the month Bandai usually releases their Tamashii Exclusives. Because I'm most likely overseas during December and might not be able to receive the package from NY if it release early December. Does NY support delaying shipment? I emailed them 2 times but they did not reply me :(

Can't you have your post office, etc... hold it for you?

Think I like this guy better than the YF-19.

Maybe I'll change my mind haha

I paid for this pre-order early in order to budget things out, so I am getting both.

I think soemone else was saying in one of these threads that it would be a neat then and now display for the Macross timeline.

Heh. That's good enough for me. This will also be my first Bandai Valk, so why not?

Edited by technoblue

I paid for this pre-order early in order to budget things out, so I am getting both.

I think soemone else was saying in one of these threads that it would be a neat then and now display for the Macross timeline.

Heh. That's good enough for me. This will also be my first Bandai Valk, so why not?

It's kinda weird that it would work for a timeline since Isamu was flying the YF-19 in the last Frontier

Movie. While Alto was flying the 29'.

Thanks for the pic. I like the VF-25a color scheme. Also, good video footage of the YF-19 display plus these two.

Thanks for watching the video, too.

I heard the YF-19 had started being exhibited in Akiba from the last Friday. So, I tried to shoot some videos of some Valks.

I didn' t expect the YF-29, but I could shoot it by chance.

Fortunately, those Valks were exhibited at the photography allowed areas simultaneously.

Edited by antibiotictab