Also, when thinking about the battle of Endor and Vaders "Redemtion" and death. Only Luke knows this for certain. Everyone else either died on the DS2 or evacuated. The Empire could also easily spin that too. So Kylo Ren and others would still think he was a badass, scary individual not knowing his change of heart in the end. Hence the "I will finish what you started" line.

Chris

Wrong movie, but News Radio called it.

https://youtu.be/_6D3OQCviVQ?t=12m44s

Be better to know WHAT they reacted too.

It's pretty easy to tell which parts of the trailer Daisy was reacting to. Much harder to tell what was going on with John.

Edited by Mommar

I can see Luke holding onto his father's helmet/mask........

Except it went up in flames at the end of Jedi.

Perhaps in an attempt to completely disintegrate Vader's helmet and outfit into ashes....Luke lost control of the raging funeral pyre and burned down the Ewok village and half of Endor's sacred forests......enraged, the Ewoks took arms against the "vile deceivers" and routed them out of Endor.....forbidding them from ever returning and vowing an eternal jihad against the rebels and their Jedi leader.....the Imperials took advantage of this and knowing of the "great fighting prowess" of the Ewok people...formed an elite anti-rebel unit code named "Furry Death".....the war has raged on for 30+ bloody years...cut to the opening title crawl...Episode VII......

Kylo is basically worshipping Vader's burnt helmet. How did he aquire it? He must have traveled to Endor and took it. Does this mean Kylo and the current Empire took their revenge on those freaking Ewoks?

Until proven otherwise, I stand by my original assertion that the Ewoks were radicalized by the remnants of the Empire! :p

You have to remember with these guys that they believe what they're doing is necessary and right. Kylo isn't sitting there saying to himself "dark and evil is cool, I'm gonna be that." They don't think of themselves that way. To ruthlessly exert their power without restraint is just a means to an end.

Except General Grievous, he was the Dr. Evil of Star Wars and totally reminded me of the typical villain in a top hat, cape and curly moustache, lol!

Goob-300x249.jpg

The Empire wouldnt have had every asset at DS2, it would be easy to ascertain that a high level imperial took over, and created a more advanced "first order". The fact that Ties have rear gun seats and now shields, mean someone cunning is behind the rise.

I still think the current games play right into the real story, The Empire controlled the media, the media denies the rebels were sucessful. Maybe Vader had a secret apprentice, and Kylo became Master just by mere destruction of the Sith Lord.

Its more realistic that the galaxy would be in more turmoil, especially with no real republic, no real law faction, and some much territory being controlled by the Hutts and Maldorians.

If you're to go off Star Wars Uprising, most of the planets post conflict are all ran by scavenging cartels and salvaging gangs.

So... Tie Fighters now have turrets? Nice! Latest trailer shows a Tie being tailed by an X-Wing pulling out from the island base fight and firing the to rear on the chasing X-Wing

Some of the toys are calling it a "Special Forces TIE Fighter" (the one with the red highlight). So there will be 2 variants featured in the movie , the normal one and the one with the turret and red strip.

Wrong movie, but News Radio called it.

http://https://youtu.be/_6D3OQCviVQ?t=12m44s

It's pretty easy to tell which parts of the trailer Daisy was reacting to. Much harder to tell what was going on with John.

Link doesn't work.

As for John, I think he and his friend are freaking out about the "Reveal" at the end of the trailer.

Chris

Until proven otherwise, I stand by my original assertion that the Ewoks were radicalized by the remnants of the Empire! :p

They died when the Death Star blew up.

This is both physically likely and WAS semi-canon until they made the X-Wing books fictional

X-Wing books established the imperial museum on Coruscant had an exhibit about the rebel's genocidal massacre of the adorably cuddly ewoks. It is not clear how much of that exhibit was simply editorializing of events and how much was making poo up. But it's not a good idea to say the ewoks are all dead if they aren't, as it undermines the entire propaganda campaign once someone notices the ewoks. Which isn't to say that, even in the absence of a Death Star cataclysm, an angry empire wouldn't have glassed Endor in revenge.

Link doesn't work.

As for John, I think he and his friend are freaking out about the "Reveal" at the end of the trailer.

Chris

Pretty sure it was this too.

Seeing himself with a lightsaber on film is waaaaaay different than seeing it on a poster. He probably didn't even get to see it in post.

David, can I post the picture from the Vanity Fair article insead? Was more for direct comparison to the costume.

I do love seeing how big of fans they are of the series... even if the cynical part of me thinks it could be very clever marketing.

I would give anything to be in Boyega's shoes right now: one of the central characters of the next generation of Star Wars films? That's mind-blowing financially, emotionally, socially, personally and I'd be jumping around like he was every second of the day. And yeah, it is clever marketing strategy too...

Edited by myk

I would give anything to be in Boyega's shoes right now: one of the central characters of the next generation of Star Wars films? That's mind-blowing financially, emotionally, socially, personally and I'd be jumping around like he was every second of the day. And yeah, it is clever marketing strategy too...

I doubt this movie needs any additional marketing, lol. Still, I'd probably act very excited if I saw myself in a Star Wars trailer too. Ugh, I should of taken up acting :(

I doubt this movie needs any additional marketing, lol. Still, I'd probably act very excited if I saw myself in a Star Wars trailer too. Ugh, I should of taken up acting :(

Dude it's freaking STAR WARS. I'd be content to have the job of cleaning out Carrie Fisher or Harrison Ford's bed pan if it meant I could be more directly connected to one of the greatest stories of mankind...

Dude it's freaking STAR WARS. I'd be content to have the job of cleaning out Carrie Fisher or Harrison Ford's bed pan if it meant I could be more directly connected to one of the greatest stories of mankind...

Don't you mean scoring Carrie fisher her booze and Coke mirror?

For those of you that really liked the music arrangement in the latest trailer, here is a music only edit of the trailer. It works really well and transitions from each theme quite nicely IMO.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=132&v=Ci0C8ggQWys&ebc=ANyPxKqt3OvY6n5VSzvFT5nrtNyXj9O1HqoJjWWze07VX7d8t98H6BiNL4vzjqXzP5yW_H9NHSX4mT25SUZsQCrWV2537q5wYw

Chris