Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Looking closely though they look like they are still detached, but close to being locked in.

Yeah, they're still detached in those photos.

Actually, I did check the photos afterwards and compared it side-by-side with the profile shot of the fighter mode, and you guys are correct. I guess the whole pelvic area will be detached when it enters Gerwalk mode. I really hope that this one is really super tight and not to hard to open it when we try to tighten it once the joints get loose. It's always a given to assume that all the joints will be loose after 1 to 2 transformations.

Edited by no3ljm

Thank you for the video!

Interesting... That's the first time they have shown those bracing pieces, I can't recall seeing them in the previously posted pics.

Looks like they are just learning from previous mistakes, and looking to avoid any future renewals with the brace.

It looks like it has the VF-4 style shorty fists in fighter, that have to be swapped out in order to hold the gun pod.

The joints look really good, and it looks like that missile pod will stay up just fine.

I assume that external parts are optional only for better supporting and no necessary for the transformation.............. right? :huh: .........because if so looks like a step back in macross toys evolution

Edited by valhary

Looks like they are just learning from previous mistakes, and looking to avoid any future renewals with the brace.

It looks like it has the VF-4 style shorty fists in fighter, that have to be swapped out in order to hold the gun pod.

The joints look really good, and it looks like that missile pod will stay up just fine.

I am glad they are including them, I just hope those are prototype parts in the video and the bracing parts are molded in black when it released. Either way the YF-30 looks good and can't wait for it to join my squadron. :)

Edited by Saburo

Not happy about having to swap anything, personally.

Actually, the more I watch this video the more it pisses me off. Bandai are half-assed, lazy hacks. Yamato figured out how to make the VF-4 all fit together snug. You're telling me Bandai can't make the Battroid mode for this thing fit together well without a giant back clamp? Bandai sucks.

Edited by Mommar

Nice video. Thanks antibiotictab! :)

I'm just glad that it's still an option to keep the intakes still lock in place (traditional) when in enteres Gerwalk mode so it won't use the swiveling pelvic joint so much. I don't want that part to become very loose over time. And I don't need to use that Gerwalk support arm. Though I think we really need to use that other support arm for Battroid mode since I didn't see any locking tabs when the head part rests on the canopy area. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissapointed or what, since I know that the support parts should help the toy stays in place during those modes and makes it solid, but now I'm thinking those promo photos are kinda misleading for not showing the extra support braces at first. But I'm still glad for my P.O. ;)

Edit: And I agree with Mommar. Bandai should have somehow copy what Yamato did to the VF-4G canopy area and tweak a little so that they will not say they copy the whole mechanism 100%. But if they want us to be satisfied again, just reissue Ozma's 25 valk, ok. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

Somebody called it quite awhile ago when they noticed the stabilizer in Battroid. We all discounted it and said it was for the stand, a lot of us were wrong. The only reason I'm keeping my pre-order is because I don't think this Valk will ever be made again, but it pisses me off that Bandai still sucks so bad.

Edited by Mommar

Oh Bandai why??? :(

Regarding the fists I think the guy in the video switched the articulated hands out with the additional hands that hat the gun-pod already attached so he doesn't has to place it in the hands. I don't see a reasons why the hands can't be stored in Fighter-Mode.

The prongs are.... ugly. They could at least engineered some locking points to hold the torso in place like on the V1 VF-25 for the crotch area. -.-

I was ok with the GERWALK-mode brace, as it seemed to be necessary ONLY WHEN USING THE WAIST JOINT with "unlocked" intakes---and that a "traditional" GERWALK mode didn't need it.

But it looks like it ALWAYS needs the brace in battroid mode just to stay together---and that's basically a deal-killer for me.

I mean, if the brace folded away or could store inside the leg or something it'd be better. But that's in the "box of parts in a drawer" category. Something easily lost with nowhere to go, that is critical for the basic transformation itself.

Seriously, they couldn't have designed a click-hinge/ratchet for the nosecone/spine? Another peg/tab somewhere? I'd take a small "not in the lineart" protrusion somewhere, to eliminate that big ugly muscle-belt wrapped around the waist.

I was ok with the GERWALK-mode brace, as it seemed to be necessary ONLY WHEN USING THE WAIST JOINT with "unlocked" intakes---and that a "traditional" GERWALK mode didn't need it.

But it looks like it ALWAYS needs the brace in battroid mode just to stay together---and that's basically a deal-killer for me.

I mean, if the brace folded away or could store inside the leg or something it'd be better. But that's in the "box of parts in a drawer" category. Something easily lost with nowhere to go, that is critical for the basic transformation itself.

Seriously, they couldn't have designed a click-hinge/ratchet for the nosecone/spine? Another peg/tab somewhere? I'd take a small "not in the lineart" protrusion somewhere, to eliminate that big ugly muscle-belt wrapped around the waist.

That's what I'm saying. Yamato figured that crap out quick with the VF-4 and it works damn well. The couldn't hide a tab and a hole somewhere? I'm pretty pissed off they did pretty much what they did with the V.1 25, half-ass it.

That's what I'm saying. Yamato figured that crap out quick with the VF-4 and it works damn well. The couldn't hide a tab and a hole somewhere? I'm pretty pissed off they did pretty much what they did with the V.1 25, half-ass it.

Even more so--they did it on the shoulders! It was quite clear that a white tab flips out on each side of the fuselage, then you swing the arms forward and the white armor pegs onto those flip-out tabs.

So why the heck couldn't they do a flip-out tab somewhere on the spine or nosecone?

Even more so--they did it on the shoulders! It was quite clear that a white tab flips out on each side of the fuselage, then you swing the arms forward and the white armor pegs onto those flip-out tabs.

So why the heck couldn't they do a flip-out tab somewhere on the spine or nosecone?

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, this blows. I'm keeping the pre-orders simply because I don't believe this design is ever being revisited again.

Yeah, I agree. Like I said, this blows. I'm keeping the pre-orders simply because I don't believe this design is ever being revisited again.

Don't see a need for the brace. Maybe Bandai isn't confident on the single peg (drawn out from under the cockpit) to hold everything together in battroid mode over time...

I'm hoping that it's really like what the promo pic shows, that the battroid brace is really optional and it can just stand upright on its own:

post-10287-0-91648700-1404518667_thumb.png

I'm not gonna panic till I have it in hand. The battroid Brace may be just something that helps, but isn't necessary. And the Gerwalk one I agree with David; Since it's only necessary as an option, not as default, it's no big deal, and i probably won't use it.

And its like intakes; I just keep them in a special bag that is readily accessible, so it's easy to grab them as needed. No big deal.

Don't see a need for the brace. Maybe Bandai isn't confident on the single peg (drawn out from under the cockpit) to hold everything together in battroid mode over time...

I'm hoping that it's really like what the promo pic shows, that the battroid brace is really optional and it can just stand upright on its own:

attachicon.gifbattroid-yf30.png

I didn't notice a peg pulled from under the cockpit when I was watching the video. Around what time do they show it?

I didn't notice a peg pulled from under the cockpit when I was watching the video. Around what time do they show it?

at 4:45, kinda hard to miss when they highlight it in purple. It plugs into the top of the crotch. They prolly added the brace piece because this sucker looks pretty back heavy and maybe they had doubts about that peg being able to hold all that weight

Edited by Duymon

It's an interesting transformation. At least Bandai is being upfront about the possible need for supports, to the point they colored the prototypes that bright purple.

Main thing I want to know now is, will it come with weapons to hang under the wings? Actually, now I think of it, did it have any underwing stores in the game?

Edited by Sildani

at 4:45, kinda hard to miss when they highlight it in purple. It plugs into the top of the crotch. They prolly added the brace piece because this sucker looks pretty back heavy and maybe they had doubts about that peg being able to hold all that weight

There's absolutely nothing there that shows the nosecone being held up or preventing floppiness except for the clamp.

Let's see if it will stand without that piece when it hits...it's still better than floppy battroid though...I'm just happy we're getting a new mold that isn't anywhere as bad as the v1 25 valks. It's just a minor gripe, compared to the clusterf*cks we've had before with other releases; I'm looking at you 171 Nightmare Plus

Edited by Shukenzero