Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Yeah but that would be the only thing that it needs, imo.

True. But it's Bandai. So they will think of something to put on the legs and arms as well. Or maybe put something on the wings too to justify creating an add-on/option parts for Chronos. :)

I'm just thinking that if ever they decide to put a mega cannon on him as an optional part, I rather have something for the legs and arms too to make it more heavy weapon/armory looking Valk like the Messiahs but not as bulky as those. Somehow like the GBP leg armors but a little bit thinner. Same goes to the arms as well. And throw in some Chest armors at it to complete the package since we're going to pay extra $50+ for it. ;)

I'm always much more fond of boosters and missile pods, than armor. I still think the YF-19/YF-21 have the lamest armor of the franchise----it's basically just another layer of sheetmetal that's the size and shape of the area it's covering (YF-19 legs, YF-21 belly). (and the YF-19 shoulder and YF-21 forearm armor bits are just pointless)

If there's an option pack If they include the same underwing stores as the VF-171 I'd be pretty pissed since I already have a bunch of underwing stores leftover from all my 171 armor packs :0

Edited by Duymon

:*( that sucks man, I will remember to make sure to use the CC option in the future with CDJ just in case. I always choose PayPal just to get the payment out of the way.

Exactly my thoughts although it backfired... Another weird thing that happened is that my last order using a debit card got charged almost immediately then the money came back into my account (no idea how). Guessing its somehow follow the Credit Card charge when ship policy now???

Exactly my thoughts although it backfired... Another weird thing that happened is that my last order using a debit card got charged almost immediately then the money came back into my account (no idea how). Guessing its somehow follow the Credit Card charge when ship policy now???

Some of the shops do an initial pending charge for pre-orders to verify you have the available funds or credit on your card, then when the item is shipped they charge your card.

Edited by Saburo

If there's an option pack If they include the same underwing stores as the VF-171 I'd be pretty pissed since I already have a bunch of underwing stores leftover from all my 171 armor packs :0

I have a feeling this might be true for the underwing parts since photos of YF-30 shows some 'hardpoints' underneath the wings. That same hardpoint also shows on the arm so I'm pretty sure Bandai will put out something to attach on those bundled with some replacement for the missle pod. By looking again at the photos I can't tell if possible and if they're going to make some boosters add-on parts as well. But still I'm all welcome again for another round of 'limited/exclusive' part add-on in which they can't just put it along with the main figure. :lol:

I'd suggest never to use a debit card 'cause I find them a hassle for ordering things online though it is a perfectly viable method to pay for stuff (with caveats). I speak of this as a customer and knowing how it works "on the other side." Saburo is correct about most places doing a "pending" charge to verify the validity of the card. A lot of these policies do depend on the shop (and how big or small they are). Some shops will charge a pending charge of a penny or a dollar (something small and insignificant) to verify the card. Others will charge the entire amount. That's the idea of the pending charge in a nutshell. Most places will then "settle" that pending charge upon shipment of the product if it was the full amount and within a suitable timeframe (a few days after the pending charge). If it was a penny or dollar pending charge, they would recharge the correct full amount or if too long of a period has passed, they would recharge the full amount.

The problem comes in that a lot of places are unable to determine if you are using a credit card or a debit card during that pending charge (at least easily)...this is especially true for older backend systems. They basically treat all cards entered in as credit cards. This works most of the time but every so often some debit card user doesn't have enough funds or wants to cancel an order/reorder something else and their funds are on a hold due to that pending charge. For a credit card, this doesn't matter since they have high limits that are typically in the thousands. Debit cards vary since it is dependent on the customer to transfer enough funds into their bank accounts.

For a credit card, unsettled pending charges typically disappear/invalidate after a few days or a week or a month (depending on cc company) if the merchant doesn't do anything. This is true of debit cards as well...BUT...it is still a hold on your actual money in your bank account that you can't use until the pending charge disappears. So if you want to use those funds right away, you've got yourself a problem. Now you've got to find a way to do an early release of that pending charge...and every bank is a little different in how they handle that. Some will require you to provide the merchant the necessary steps based on their policies (usually faxing the bank some kind of form that authorizes the release of those funds)...etc.

I speak of this from experience working with SMBs and smaller businesses. I'm pretty sure the bigger places have much more sophisticated systems though.

Edited by xrentonx

I'd suggest never to use a debit card 'cause I find them a hassle for ordering things online though it is a perfectly viable method to pay for stuff (with caveats). I speak of this as a customer and knowing how it works "on the other side." Saburo is correct about most places doing a "pending" charge to verify the validity of the card. A lot of these policies do depend on the shop (and how big or small they are). Some shops will charge a pending charge of a penny or a dollar (something small and insignificant) to verify the card. Others will charge the entire amount. That's the idea of the pending charge in a nutshell. Most places will then "settle" that pending charge upon shipment of the product if it was the full amount and within a suitable timeframe (a few days after the pending charge). If it was a penny or dollar pending charge, they would recharge the correct full amount or if too long of a period has passed, they would recharge the full amount.

The problem comes in that a lot of places are unable to determine if you are using a credit card or a debit card during that pending charge (at least easily)...this is especially true for older backend systems. They basically treat all cards entered in as credit cards. This works most of the time but every so often some debit card user doesn't have enough funds or wants to cancel an order/reorder something else and their funds are on a hold due to that pending charge. For a credit card, this doesn't matter since they have high limits that are typically in the thousands. Debit cards vary since it is dependent on the customer to transfer enough funds into their bank accounts.

For a credit card, unsettled pending charges typically disappear/invalidate after a few days or a week or a month (depending on cc company) if the merchant doesn't do anything. This is true of debit cards as well...BUT...it is still a hold on your actual money in your bank account that you can't use until the pending charge disappears. So if you want to use those funds right away, you've got yourself a problem. Now you've got to find a way to do an early release of that pending charge...and every bank is a little different in how they handle that. Some will require you to provide the merchant the necessary steps based on their policies (usually faxing the bank some kind of form that authorizes the release of those funds)...etc.

I speak of this from experience working with SMBs and smaller businesses. I'm pretty sure the bigger places have much more sophisticated systems though.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely keep this in mind from now on.

Of course, another option is to simply not spend 95% or more of your available funds at a time, then pending charges etc won't put you at the limit. I see way too many people spend $768 of an $800 paycheck etc then wonder why their card gets rejected.

Really interested in seeing what optional parts, whether that be a replacement/supplement for the missile pod or something along the lines of Armor Parts.

Hopefully whatever comes out isn't a complete fugly mess and actually augments the appearance of the Valk.

-b.

I sure hope so, because black+grey looks awesome:

1368147028.jpg

1368147029.jpg

If not Grace's, then give us more game recolors. Purple stripes look awesome on the -27:

3uDvyl9.jpg

I would agree with this color scheme. I much prefer it. It reminds me of that all white version they have in the 25 Master File book.

Doubt that Bandai is going to touch the VF-27 again.

Would definitely like to see the purple stripe in toy form though :D

The problem is that they half-assed the "renewal" version of the 27. It wasn't the improvement over the new one it should have been. It was more then a few steps back from even the 29 in terms of articulation. That's why I never jumped at one.

I really want to see this 30 from more angles/up closer. Things about it I really like, other things I feel are a bit odd in some instances. From the front the Battroid looks fantastic. I'm really curious how the Gerwalk is going to work, if at all.

• 2 weeks later...