Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

post-1819-0-46393900-1400092601_thumb.jpg

I dunno if this helps but here's a basic diagram of how the transformation works. It's easy to see in the game but it hard to understand otherwise. There's two sets of swing bars that move the parts around independently and the nosecone is on its own arm that passes between the second set of bars to end up facing to the rear.

Anyways, been trying to study the photos released earlier from Bandai and try to figure out if the pelvic joint will be tight and if the joint will hold the figure itself standing up. I noticed also that this figure will be upper body heavy so that's the only worry I have. But overall design of the valk, I'm digging it esp in Valk and Battroid mode. :wub:

Here's some color chart I did regarding transformation so I hope someone can point out if the pelvic area/joint is enough to hold out the weight. I know also that the pelvic joint rotates which I've seen on Kawamori's video. Also attaching here the YouTube video/link.

transform_highlight_zpsa9c87907.jpg

Check out from 0:15 to 2:29, YF-30 in Lego mode.

I remember posting this one the night that crazy preorder madness started. I'm studying how the transformation works out and how stable will be in battroid mode. Hope this one helps.

I'm sure there's going to be locking mechanism and whatnot. But knowing Bandai's loose joint in the forseeable future, one will think how good the toy will be when it's released. I'm one of them now since I also PO'ed this one. Hehehe. I guess, the best answer to that is the display stand that comes with it. :lol:

I'm still thinking how long the side bar (yellow-the one that connects to the pelvis area-red) will be in order the nose cone (green) to flip going to the back area.

Edited by no3ljm

If they had designed the nose to hinge further back on the lower fuselage, the leg swing bar could have been shortened so that the waist attaches in line with the neck, rather than sitting so far forward. Not sure if the way they did it is exactingly according to SK's design, or just a mechanical necessity for whatever reason. Either way, it doesn't look right to me. Even with all the folding going on with the SV-51, Yamato still managed to get everything to line up pretty well. As for the shoulders attaching slightly aft of the neck, I think that actually gives a more aggressive look , so long as it's not too far back. I also like how he designed the shoulders and canards to rotate and overlap. However, the upper chest covering the canopy was better realized on the VF-4.

It's a valk, and I want to like it, but there are too many things about the design that, to me, are just off, including the big dispenser. To those who do like it, great!, and I hope the toy is awesome.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Guest davidwhangchoi

i'm hoping it's stable in battroid as well. the transformation looks interesting. i'm excited the missile pack has the option to be swap-able. curious what fastpacks/options will be offered

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i'm hoping it's stable in battroid as well. the transformation looks interesting. i'm excited the missile pack has the option to be swap-able. curious what fastpacks/options will be offered

I'm more intrigued on how we won't scratch anything or make it a floppy mess after a few transformations.

Intrigued by your respective intrigues.

But yeah, swappable ordinance would be pretty cool and a(another besides the 25A or anything else someone wants to add to the list) release that doesn't turn into noodles after a transformation or two would be amazing.

-b.

Haha I'm hoping it'll be their best released valk yet. The VF-171 was a crying shame as it was one of the coolest valks in my book.

Optional equipment is interesting, but still find the whole back plate missile thingy a gimmicky design. Each to their own!

Yeah and I also think that it looks similar to the VF-25F plus that I missed the pre-orders so I might not pick one up at all and I really don't feel like paying $200 for this one.

xcK2TZ0.jpg

That is a pretty awesome Battroid pose there in the bottom left corner. I hope the hips hold up well, you put a 29 in that same pose and it'll never stand correct again. Too bad the Gerwalk pic has the flash covering it. I'd like to get a better look at it there.

I just hope they'll include a PVC head laser for this aside from the ABS ones as a standard package. Don't want to hit every now and then the ABS head lasers and crack, snap or break when the missle pod rotates. It's the only valid reason for me why sometimes I appreciate the PVC items. I just wished that they should have included an ABS head lasers for 25F releases. ^_^

anyone know where I might still be able to pre-order this or am I too late?

Just have to keep checking the usual places like HLJ, Hobby Search and AmiAmi to see when they randomly re-open pre-orders up until release.

-b.

anyone know where I might still be able to pre-order this or am I too late?

Don't worry mate. I'm sure when this is actually released, you could check on Mandrake site (http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/), you may get it cheaper than the pre-order. I made a mistake for my YF-29 Isamu. Should have waited for the release instead of rushing in for the pre-order from NY

Both. :p

Ha! You know me so well. :D

Hopefully some more pre-orders will open up!

Ditto, I've been stalking HLJ and other places like crazy.

Don't worry mate. I'm sure when this is actually released, you could check on Mandrake site (http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/), you may get it cheaper than the pre-order. I made a mistake for my YF-29 Isamu. Should have waited for the release instead of rushing in for the pre-order from NY

I might have agreed with this line of thinking (or even said something similar) prior to the Ozma 29 but my gut tells me this will be just as, if not more popular. If pre-orders remain scarce then once this hits the market I'd bet that even Mandarake will have it at a markup at release.

But fingers crossed.

-b.

You should keep in mind that the YF-29 Isamu Custom was a web-shop exclusive when making assumptions about the release of the Frontier toys. I think this won't be as hard to get as the YF-29 Ozma Custom but you never know. :unsure:

I saw that. Gives me hope for an add-on pack containing new weapons - maybe large missiles - and underwing stores.

Goodness... imagine what'll happen if they release multiple weapon pods... people will need (number of weapon pods) x 3 for each mode :0

Hopefully the 4 I've got will suffice O_o

You should keep in mind that the YF-29 Isamu Custom was a web-shop exclusive when making assumptions about the release of the Frontier toys. I think this won't be as hard to get as the YF-29 Ozma Custom but you never know. :unsure:

So many people got burned waiting around for the Ozzy , and even several who preordered got burned, so I wouldn't take my chances on this one :0

Edited by Duymon

Goodness... imagine what'll happen if they release multiple weapon pods... people will need (number of weapon pods) x 3 for each mode :0

Hopefully the 4 I've got will suffice O_o

My guess it that weapon pod addons for the YF-30 will be Bandai's answer to the Super/Armored/Tornado Part for the other Valks. If they do in that direction, I hope they sell it as a set with different weapon pods, not one weapon pod at a time. Knowing Bandai, it will be each one separately so they can bleed us further for money. hahaha...

Yeah, it'll probably be one weapon pod and the underwing missiles from the 171EX Super parts set. Then another pod and, hey, some 1/60 SMS ground crew! And another pod and maybe a new plastic stand to look like a revetment or something. By then, one of the Chronos' repaints, either Thrust or Skywarp, will become available, and the cycle of color-matched pods will begin again.

It's the circle of Frontier life.

Edited by Sildani

A recon pod would be a really good option. Or even, a container that has like mini-Ghosts inside. Could probably pack 3, maybe 4 decent-sized drones inside, if mounted semi-conformally.

Finally---just make the optional pods black. Every scheme we've seen has a decent amount of black, so while it may not be the ideal match, it'll look ok with any of them.

Guest davidwhangchoi

You KNOW any pods will be color matched so you have to re-buy them every time they do a repaint.

so true. like the 171 armor and missiles. they made sure to only include color specific hard point wings so you had to buy the armor for alto ex and the cannon fodder 2x instead of like yamatos vf-1 fast packs.

yf-30 = bandai's swiss army accessory money maker.