HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

Again, it should be noted that the Yen prices haven't gone up THAT much. It's the exchange rate that took most of the valks from $200'ish to $300'ish. They still have a nice markup as these clearances show, but just sayin'

I love that in the VF-4G thread people are thanking Yamato for making their toys so available and in this thread people are cursing them for having their toys go on clearance. For the record, I also WAY overpaid for my 17S and 19K.... and that sound booster.

I want to get one of those however after your review I'm waiting for that super steep discount. They're on evilbay for just over $70 but I'm waiting for even lower than that.

I want to get one of those however after your review I'm waiting for that super steep discount. They're on evilbay for just over $70 but I'm waiting for even lower than that.

wait, I'm confused; what's going for $70? The VF-17S? :blink:

I love that in the VF-4G thread people are thanking Yamato for making their toys so available and in this thread people are cursing them for having their toys go on clearance. For the record, I also WAY overpaid for my 17S and 19K.... and that sound booster.

I paid the pre order prices on these also, but I did get to enjoy them as soon as they were released, so I really don't mind. At the current sales prices for some of these, getting dupes is a real possibility. I completed my Emerald force :D

wait, I'm confused; what's going for $70? The VF-17S? :blink:

Maybe he means the sound booster for the "karaoke ninja"

Edited by Loop

I paid the pre order prices on these also, but I did get to enjoy them as soon as they were released, so I really don't mind. At the current sales prices for some of these, getting dupes is a real possibility. I completed my Emerald force :D

Yeah, I could have save $80 on the VF-19S with this sale, but I've owned it for over a yeah which makes it worth it.

Maybe he means the sound booster for the "karaoke ninja"

that makes more sense.

That may be the same feeling a lot of us have once the VF4 gets to the deep discount pile.

I wish you didnt say that. I have it on pre-order for 400 dollars. This is the last time I do this. I saw on HLJ the Mini Mac can now be bought for less than 200 dollars ARRRRH Seriously ! These items are like CMs which in less than a year will drop 50%

I wish you didnt say that. I have it on pre-order for 400 dollars. This is the last time I do this. I saw on HLJ the Mini Mac can now be bought for less than 200 dollars ARRRRH Seriously ! These items are like CMs which in less than a year will drop 50%

Guys, guys, relax! I was just being sardonic.

I pre-ordered a VF4 myself and I'm totally ok with paying MSRP right off the bat.

Guys, guys, relax! I was just being sardonic.

I pre-ordered a VF4 myself and I'm totally ok with paying MSRP right off the bat.

Also guys remember, if we did not buy any of these on release day and sat around waiting for clearance type sales, Yamato could cease to exist. I do not want that, so I gladly pay for them and have the comfort of knowing I got at least one of whatever valk. Not only that, when I see the sale prices it makes it that much easier to justify dupes :p

Also guys remember, if we did not buy any of these on release day and sat around waiting for clearance type sales, Yamato could cease to exist. I do not want that, so I gladly pay for them and have the comfort of knowing I got at least one of whatever valk. Not only that, when I see the sale prices it makes it that much easier to justify dupes :P/>/>

Well said! if it was not for yamato we would have the 1/55 Bandai chunky monkeys and Toynami's and that would be it for original Macross stuff.

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

Like I said in a previous thread for me I am in no rush to buy Yamato stuff any longer due to the constant price drop from sales like this. I used to preorder Yamato stuff but seeing constant sales over and over again and also luckily I am not into the Macross 7 stuff, I rather wait now. I bought the Cavalier when it was low in stock as it appeared to be a shortage at that time due to other places selling out as well, just to have it drop by HLJ over a month later. It appears that Yamato either continues to produce items or sit on stock as HLJ seems to be able to obtain further supplies. It would be interesting to see the production and sales volume for Bandai and Yamato to see whether Bandai has greater demand or just producer less.

For the VF-4, I doubt the price will ever drop as much. The most will be 20% off if they ever decide to drop it to clear stock.

I'm all about saving money and buying yamato stuff at a discount but part of me wonders if we are shooting ourselves in the foot? If everyone decides to wait for yamato valks to go on sale and not buy them when they first come out, will this affect yamato continuing to release product? it's kinda sad that right now that we are rewarding Bandai (myself included) by buying their valks at preorder time because we're all afraid of not getting our hands on one. Meanwhile yamato is releasing enough product for most of us to get without camping out on websites at 2 in the morning (my time) but we reward them by waiting for sales (myself included).

This year was my most expensive year ever in this hobby except maybe my first year collecting (2008) but this year was definately the most i spent on new just released product and not used stuff. This year i got the vf-25s, yf-29, vf-171ex, vf-25g, Vf-1a cavalier, Vt-1, VF-19s, vf-19f, vf-17s, vf-11b, vf-1j, vf-0a and a bunch of other valks i picked up at good hard to resist prices. Some of these were multiples as well. Looking back at the list i'm glad to see i preorder 3 yamato valks this year (vf-19f, Cavalier and VT-1). Will also get the VF-4G of course.

I try to do pre-orders also, but in the case of December 2012, I think Yamato is the one shooting itself in the foot. With the release of the very expensive VF-4, VF-19P, VF-17D, and VF-17 super packs all in the same month, I bet more than a few people had to pick and choose what they wanted most and decide to get the other ones later down the road. That's just too much all at once and that's not even counting having to buy gifts for other people as well.

• 5 months later...

No need to apologize...this thread should be bumped whenever HLJ has their seasonal sales.

That's a great price for the Quarter...and G-NU's are always 80% off. :)

19S still higher than HKC's.

Grabbed another Quarter though!

holy crap! You're right! *cancels 19S order*

Well, then there's nothing for me this sale.. Might pick that up at HKC along with a Destroid instead

Why do you need 2 Quarters by the way?

To Quarter or not to Quarter that is the question.

To bad the HLJ warehouse holds the items for only 60 days. :( Otherwise I would be terribly tempted to buy the Quarter knowing that the chances of Bandai reissuing or even updating are near null.

This thread is sad. I remember when this thread was brought to the top it meant 1/60 vf-1's for $60 and VF-22's for $110.... :(

People were actually buying the VF-1s, while the 22s lingered around for so long. Am tempted to pick up a quarter but am scared about the floppy joints. For those of you who has it, would it pass as the movie version?

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet! :) I just snagged a Yamato 1/60 VF-1A Kakizaki DYRL from HLJ for under $90. It is really getting harder to find any Yamato VF-1s still for reasonable prices.

oh can you share the link? I've been looking for a VF-1 for quite some time.

Edited by grymg

oh can you share the link? I've been looking for a VF-1 for quite some time.

Sorry, but they only had one. I was doing a search to see what HLJ still had for sale regarding Yamato valks. When I saw it I didn't hesitate to grab it. When I went back to the page it was discontinued again. The link is: http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00099

I passed up the quarter last time it was on sale. I don't know, I just do not like the coloring and the floppiness. I really doubt Bandai will release a renewal so I guess no quarter for me. When I don't jump at something that was so expensive on release and is on sale for under $100 something ain't right.

Edited by Loop