HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

Thanks guys. Yeah, the stand seemed kind of odd to me since I didn't know there was a separate mounting armature for the valks. (It is basically just a small cube without it afterall) Now that I know, I will definitely pass on these... and maybe take a trip to the Container Store. LOL

Shoot, looks like I missed getting the Cavalier. Got the sale price on backorder. Oh well.

When stuff at HLJ goes on backorder, does it actually come back into stock, or is that a thing they say when they *might* be able to get more?

I'm still waiting for some stuff since the last HLJ sale.

Not evil enough. I still need a Max DYRL VF-1A, & Hikaru VF-1J which are still back ordered. I started the summer with no V2 1/60

VF-1's and now I have 8 with 2 back ordered and 1 preordered. I love the sale's but my wallet & wife hates it.

Edited by Valkyrie Magnus

I've completely skipped this sale. Don't get me wrong, I was sorely tempted to splurge on a number of 1/60s, specially at the discounts they were offering, but I've already spent far too much on toys this year (already blew my self-imposed budget for the year... I'm weak some times, what can I say?), and I still have open preorders to last me the rest of 2012 that will push my overspending to the point that this will be a record for the amount of cash I've shelled out for any 12 month period in my collecting history. But oh were those prices ever so enticing...

I know the feeling.. really, all these sales have recently accomplished is convincing me that I should begin waiting for sales in the first place, since the various Macross 7 valks are hitting the 40% off mark, which puts them way under what I originally paid when they first were released.

I'm still debating whether to cancel my pre-order for the super VF-17D, and wait for a sale later on.

Sales are evil...too tempting. I went ahead and got the olive drab Tomahawk and the weathered Defender at 40% off, but the Yen/Dollar rate sucks right now. Things have to be at least 20% off to make it the retail price.

The Private Warehouse is cool, since they don't send every single item individually, so that way, when the box arrives every 60 days, nobody knows how many items arrived. Yeah, I'm starting to become a hoarder. The last box that arrived a month ago hasn't even been opened, since all of the kits (doubles and triples of the Bandai re-releases) are just going to be "sat on" to sell down the road. "When collections become obsessions." Where have I heard that one before?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got the 1/60 Fire Valkyrie. Not from HLJ though.

Paid US$186 shipping included from HKCollectibles. Saved $100 of retail price.

With this trend, I am getting used to buy a valkyrie a year after released.

Let's see if I can wait more than a year for the VF -4G.

For out of stock items, can you contact them to order for you?

So I've been messing with the olive drab Tomahawk for a couple days now and I gotta say, it's massively underrated as a toy and I feel bad for ignoring it for this long. It's got a nice heft and feel to it and the details are just beautiful. Very impressed, Yamato.

The only real bad thing about it is that the waist joint is a tad loose and the upper torso wants to tilt back at the slightest nudge. I can get it to lean forward but it doesn't take much to knock it back again.

I love the olive drab color. It's pretty B))

@xrentonx

About waist joint:

I think Yamato applied a very delicate balancing on that waist joint.

When you raise the barrels/arms above chest level, waist joint automatically tilts the torso back (in order to see the target from cockpit IMO)

And when you lower them back waist joint returns back to normal.

My package finally arrived today @ the office - not 5 minutes after they offered me a salaried position! Good day!

(null)

Good thing it was you and not me. If I would've gotten a package before a meeting I most likely would've been late or walked in with a toy in my hand.

@xrentonx

About waist joint:

I think Yamato applied a very delicate balancing on that waist joint.

When you raise the barrels/arms above chest level, waist joint automatically tilts the torso back (in order to see the target from cockpit IMO)

And when you lower them back waist joint returns back to normal.

Mine is waaaay too delicate then. It'll tilt back at the slightest touch no matter where I have the arms/barrels positioned (backpack is too heavy for the tilting joint they use). I think the arms could use better detents as well.

Love this thing so far though. The matte finish in the plastic works SO well!

Not too long ago the were on sale down to $55. I should have bought it back then. It looks like HLJ is slowly removing Macross stuff.

Maybe they feel the upcomming 1:72 transformable VF-1 will be a hit and like the dinosaurs with their big appetite, the big price of the 1:60 stuff will drive those into extinction. You think?

Honestly had I known they were coming I might not have spent $600 combined on Alto, Hikaru, a display stand and option parts.

Edited by Astralith