DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

cheap as in $50-60 cheap. They have bunch of them on jungle

What is this "jungle" of which you speak? I am unfamiliar with this, but would be down with some VF-25S Super packs for cheap.

Now sure if this is already been asked:

Is there a way on fixing/tightening the crotch area joints? It's not the one at the back of the hips/intake. But it's still the same metal part used for the hips. But it's the area that snaps the other end to form the crotch area. Usually, when I put the Armored Pack Booster, it really makes the back heavy and that's the time the metal joint will just snap out from the hole.

Thanks in advance. :)

Are you talking about the metal prong that clips into the place where the Fighter- and Gerwalk-Mode stand adapters attach to?

First I would check if you snapped them all the way in. I had this problem with my Super VF-27 where it would hold fine without the armor but detach with the extra weight. I turned out I hadn't snapped the metal prong in all the way in. The connection is usually pretty save but I have the same problem with my armored-up YF-29 Fokker Custom. I usually display them on their stands when in Fighter-Mode so its fine. I don't know if you can tighten the joints with super glue or floor polish since I never did such a thing to my toys so maybe someone else could give some advice on this topic.

Hope that helps. :)

Are you talking about the metal prong that clips into the place where the Fighter- and Gerwalk-Mode stand adapters attach to?

First I would check if you snapped them all the way in. I had this problem with my Super VF-27 where it would hold fine without the armor but detach with the extra weight. I turned out I hadn't snapped the metal prong in all the way in. The connection is usually pretty save but I have the same problem with my armored-up YF-29 Fokker Custom. I usually display them on their stands when in Fighter-Mode so its fine. I don't know if you can tighten the joints with super glue or floor polish since I never did such a thing to my toys so maybe someone else could give some advice on this topic.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks Scyla! ^_^ I'm not sure if that's where the stand clips in since I'm still not using their respective display stands. I found some photos posted here by Drackie. So basically, it's the swivel metal part of the hip that connects to the back of the crotch to form the pelvic area that I have a problem with. Especially in when displaying it in Battroid mode wearing the Armored Pack. I know I'm pushing it in properly until I hear that 'clicking' sound. I'm not so sure how to tighten the female connector part which I believe is color grey. Or if the metal bar itself that I need to put nail polish with. :unsure:

7696281662_b0f279e040_k.jpg

7800930018_578477b5d2_k.jpg

That is the piece I was talking about. On my VF-27 I also heard a click but it wasn't pushed in all the way. I'm not saying you did anything wrong I just want to share my experience with you.

It sounds like yours has the same problem as my YF-29 has. So maybe a floor polish expert here on the boards can help you with that.

Now sure if this is already been asked:

Is there a way on fixing/tightening the crotch area joints? It's not the one at the back of the hips/intake. But it's still the same metal part used for the hips. But it's the area that snaps the other end to form the crotch area. Usually, when I put the Armored Pack Booster, it really makes the back heavy and that's the time the metal joint will just snap out from the hole.

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm not sure about the tightening part. But when using the armor part, to prevent the crotch from collapsing and the fork from coming off, there is the bracket that is supplied.

735064_10151223151132861_475531514_n.jpg

Thanks Scyla! ^_^ I'm not sure if that's where the stand clips in since I'm still not using their respective display stands. I found some photos posted here by Drackie. So basically, it's the swivel metal part of the hip that connects to the back of the crotch to form the pelvic area that I have a problem with. Especially in when displaying it in Battroid mode wearing the Armored Pack. I know I'm pushing it in properly until I hear that 'clicking' sound. I'm not so sure how to tighten the female connector part which I believe is color grey. Or if the metal bar itself that I need to put nail polish with. :unsure:

I have tried a few things but its pretty hard to get that to lock in tightly. I have sanded the teeth on the male connector and that helped a little. I did take the section apart and all that holds that metal bar in place is some springs and and some small plastic parts. I added some rubber pieces to that back of the spring to try and increase the tension and my 29 now manages to stand with the fast pack on but its still not all that solid of a connection. Biggest problem is actually getting to that mechanism with the spring, you have have to knock out a pin to be able to get to the screws :(

AC82F2B1-A35E-4C42-AA03-2212E0F78E90.jpg

I have tried a few things but its pretty hard to get that to lock in tightly. I have sanded the teeth on the male connector and that helped a little. I did take the section apart and all that holds that metal bar in place is some springs and and some small plastic parts. I added some rubber pieces to that back of the spring to try and increase the tension and my 29 now manages to stand with the fast pack on but its still not all that solid of a connection. Biggest problem is actually getting to that mechanism with the spring, you have have to knock out a pin to be able to get to the screws :(

Have you succeeded to remove the pin that holds hips plate together with the wheel mechanism with the cockpit ? How did you do that ?

I'm not sure about the tightening part. But when using the armor part, to prevent the crotch from collapsing and the fork from coming off, there is the bracket that is supplied.

735064_10151223151132861_475531514_n.jpg

Oh my! :o I didn't know that part. I thought at first that it might be some attachment for the display stand since it has also that support at the back for the cockpit area. Will look into that since all the rest of the stands and optional items are still in the box. Thanks KH355hamdi! ;)

AC82F2B1-A35E-4C42-AA03-2212E0F78E90.jpg

Wow! You did open it up? :o Is putting everything back in a problem? Especially you mentioned some springs and small parts. So not all Valks comes with that support part mentioned by KH355hamdi? So the only fix if ever you don't have that support part from the Armored Pack add-on is open the whole crotch area? Would adding some rubber on the joints is the safe route than nail polish? Thanks in advance anubis20. :)

Wow! You did open it up? :o Is putting everything back in a problem? Especially you mentioned some springs and small parts. So not all Valks comes with that support part mentioned by KH355hamdi? So the only fix if ever you don't have that support part from the Armored Pack add-on is open the whole crotch area? Would adding some rubber on the joints is the safe route than nail polish? Thanks in advance anubis20. :)

Knocking the pin back in is the problem. I didn't want to scratch or bang the surrounding areas. I used one of those pin removal kits for watches. I didn't actually remove the springs but i was very careful so they didn't come flying out also i took pictures in case they did come flying out. Once the pin is removed everything comes out pretty easily.

Nope that support is just included in the armor parts. I tried adding nail polish to the metal parts but it didn't help. :(

Is it possible the 25S reissue is being held back for some other specific purpose? A special event/anniversary/other or something? And surely it must be a bundle with the Armor too.

Yeah, Bandai is holding out for the "Once we've sucked every bit of your wallet dry with every variant we can think of and we don't have a damn thing left for you to buy" event.

-b.

The armor part comes with two crotch support if I recall correctly. One for standing on its own and another for mounting on the SMS stand. Here is from anymoon website.

I love this pose.

Thanks for pointing out that crotch support option part. Now I can play and put back the Armored Pack to 25F. I wish it also comes with the Super Parts too. Which is not since I also have the Super Parts. Hehehe. :lol:

By the way, I like that pose too. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

Finally finished panel lining and adding black stripes to my 3rd Super 25A

Gotta love being able to do this stuff while on quiet night shifts

post-25-0-39998600-1400904762_thumb.jpg

Just wish the shields on the super / armored gerwalks weren't so hard to deal with since they get in the way so much. Usually for gerwalk I leave the shields stowed in back :0

Edited by Duymon

Where are you guys getting all the Super parts from? The prices that I see now are all ridiculous.

With the exception of anything Alto related you can still luck out and find them at "fairly reasonable" after-market prices, but for me I got them as they were initially released (DX Super and Armor Parts).

-b.

ULessa, you have to play the pre-order game with Bandai products. I would like to say I strategically buy these, but it really goes like this:

Bandai announces a new thing, then I go hrmm...

The pre-order opens and I order as many as I can lol.

ULessa, you have to play the pre-order game with Bandai products. I would like to say I strategically buy these, but it really goes like this:

QFT

:D

-b.

Exactly :)