DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

you wanna wager a VF-25S :rolleyes::D if it comes out, buy me one and if it doesn't, i'll give you my ozma armor :p

Technically you wont lose :ph34r:

But from Shunkenzero's explanation , I wouldnt be surprised if they never did. (Except for Alto! Alto all year round for everybody!)

Edited by close313

Guest davidwhangchoi

It could be true, I dont know. I noticed they did the same thing with the Metal build series, they skipped the Seven Sword release which has skyrocketed on the secondary market and decided to reissue the Wing freedom.

the freedom is one of the most popular gundams. that gets made/re-made everytime in every bandai lineup. i'm not surprised they reissued it. just as they reissued alto's 25F as they did skip over re-issuing the 25G (so far) when they announced the tornados for the F and G

i don't think we should panic over speculation that it won't be released. bandai is into making money. the 25S will be reissued. guaranteed :D jk

Screw speculating, I just picked up a 4th 25S for only ¥22000 through one of my friends in Japan, and my g/f will bring it over for me next week when she comes over to NYC (Shipping only costed 1100 dollars for the plane ticket......) If only they'd release an ozzy tornado pack :0

Maybe I'll display it naked in gerwalk next to these suckers ;p

post-25-0-35250000-1377698970_thumb.jpg
Edited by Duymon

Guest davidwhangchoi

I just picked up a 4th 25S for only ¥22000 through one of my friends in Japan, and my g/f will bring it over for me next week when she comes over to NYC. If only they'd release an ozzy tornado pack :0

a forth? wow! care to wager one :D

i'll raise you 2 ozmas!

Screw speculating, I just picked up a 4th 25S for only ¥22000 through one of my friends in Japan, and my g/f will bring it over for me next week when she comes over to NYC (Shipping only costed 1100 dollars for the plane ticket......) If only they'd release an ozzy tornado pack :0

Maybe I'll display it naked in gerwalk next to these suckers ;p

Duymon very nice having 4 of them. I just have 1 Ozma renewal and hoping one day to get a 2nd and maybe even a 3rd one.

Quick question. Does the YF-25 appear to be piloted by any of the characters in MacF episodes?

Cant really recall seing it in the show (or maybe I skipped too much) other than the comments made by grace about macross frontier advancing the YF-24...and also, that paladin pack...is that somekind of a knight weapon or is it a gun?

There is a shot of the YF-25 in the hangar with a bunch of other 25's in Frontier

I just want 1 VF-25 S renewal :(

We all do man, we all do. We shouldn't have to bend over and grab our ankles to get one from a scalper. Sadly, it's looking like I will just have to be content with my VF-25A. Which isn't hard, as I think it's still the best looking one of them all.

I like to have one VF-25S too in the future. But I just wish the tone of grey should be a little lighter. So the black parts and paint should stand out more. Kinda like more darker over real-life grey colored fighter aircraft. :lol:

Also is there a place where I can buy (custom) unpainted VF-25S/G/A heads only? Love to try and see a 25S/G/A head on a 25F color scheme. Having only 1 Messiah figure, I rather have custom head swapping for my 25F color scheme. ^_^

*snip*

Also is there a place where I can buy (custom) unpainted VF-25S/G/A heads only? Love to try and see a 25S/G/A head on a 25F color scheme. Having only 1 Messiah figure, I rather have custom head swapping for my 25F color scheme. ^_^

Sounds like a cool idea, but I don't think that there is, I haven't seen any of the members here try to tackle that project w 3D printing and I'm not aware of any online shops that offer it either.

Matter of fact I don't think I've seen any custom Renewal 25's - c'mon folks, get on that already! :p

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Sounds like a cool idea, but I don't think that there is, I haven't seen any of the members here try to tackle that project w 3D printing and I'm not aware of any online shops that offer it either.

Matter of fact I don't think I've seen any custom Renewal 25's - c'mon folks, get on that already! :p

-b.

The shiny plastic does not lend itself well to customization. Neither does the basic transformation for the 25. We have seen a few people customize the 171 however.

Getting any paint to stick on the VF-25 is really tough. Even with primer and clear coat a lot of parts are gonna get scratched during transformation and the original colors will show through.
We have seen a few easy mods like a simple line recoloring.
I modded one of my altos to be grey :0
post-25-0-96388400-1366040617_thumb.jpg
post-25-0-06798300-1364184898_thumb.jpg

The shiny plastic does not lend itself well to customization. Neither does the basic transformation for the 25. We have seen a few people customize the 171 however.

For sure, I imagine between the overall difficulty and logistical issues you and Duymon point out along with the "rarity" and price make the idea of customizing one difficult to put into reality.

But

This is MW, I'm sure someone out there (1) wants to and (2) has the skill sets and patience to make it happen.

-b.

Sadly, the problem is already present even with the original tampo decos and painted on parts. There's so much rubbing parts that they also tend to scratch off. My 25A's shoulder deco (the hexagonal black outlines surrounding SMS and 027) have chipped :/

-b.

I just listed my custom YF-24 Evolution on ebay. I used an RVF-25 Luca Renewal for it, and now have a few ghosts for my own collection.

I just listed my custom YF-24 Evolution on ebay. I used an RVF-25 Luca Renewal for it, and now have a few ghosts for my own collection.

Nice! I just looked it up, I like the choice of grey/color that you used (reminds me a bit of the VF-11B).

Out of curiosity does it still transform? It looks like it could be fixed in Fighter mode but wanted to be ask to be sure.

-b.

-b.

Yeah. I hope someone will even if it's just the 25S head. I like that head than the 25F. Hehehe. :lol: But, have to love 25F since it's part of my Red and Black stripe team. Hahaha!

For me, I don't mind the transfomation and custom paint since I will just use the heads when it's in Battroid mode. In that way, the custom paint applied on the custom head will not damage when it's transformed. ^_^

Getting any paint to stick on the VF-25 is really tough. Even with primer and clear coat a lot of parts are gonna get scratched during transformation and the original colors will show through.

True. Also the reason why I'm having second thoughts if I'm going to put panel lining or not. Since I'm not sure if it's safe when it applies a topcoat. And would the topcoat be scratch in one way or another when it gets transformed?

Btw, nice color modding. :)

Sadly, the problem is already present even with the original tampo decos and painted on parts. There's so much rubbing parts that they also tend to scratch off. My 25A's shoulder deco (the hexagonal black outlines surrounding SMS and 027) have chipped :/

My YF-29 Isamu already lost some black paint on the shoulder armor. :unsure:

Great job on this one. I like the color. ;) Same question as Kaneda's. Is this transformable or fixed fighter mode? Thanks.

Nice! I just looked it up, I like the choice of grey/color that you used (reminds me a bit of the VF-11B).

Out of curiosity does it still transform? It looks like it could be fixed in Fighter mode but wanted to be ask to be sure.

-b.

I lightly sanded it (but its tough to get in all the nooks), primered it, and then painted it. I even put a light coat of clear on it. Lastly, I think waiting a long time, ie weeks, for the paint to cure (not just surface dry) is helpful.

But even with all that, the transformation will chip it. This is partly why mine was fixed into fighter mode (the other reason was the modded wings)

....goodness, the transformation even chips the factory paint, so what hope do we really have.

Found this on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Macross-Frontier-Bandai-Tamashii-VF-25F-Alto-Super-Parts-Renewal-Version-MISB-/141248729874?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item20e3149312

So excited at first since the photo says Armored Parts in Katakana. I wished that the information was wrong. Because it says he's selling Super Parts on the title. ^_^ So I message the seller to check if it's the Armored Parts (letting him know the picture says 'A-Ma-Do Pa-Tsu' and not 'Su-Pa Pa-Tsu') or the Super Parts that he's seilling. And yes, he's selling Super Parts and NOT the Armored Parts.

Hope he fix the photo since it's confusing to people who can read Katakana. So misleading... :wacko:

Duymon, the grey color scheme looks great.

Thanks, though I'm nowhere near as ambitious as Physioguy, he made the YF-24 O_O

I got my 25A sets in yesterday, I like :D

Nice shot, I got my 25A Super Parts in the mail on Friday but I'm going to wait until I have Alto's 25F Tornado Parts in-hand before I armor them up in Fighter mode.

Direct sunlight Nooooooo!

So, I'm going to ask a really n00b question, if you have your collection near a window that only has curtains, thick enough that you can't easily see thru them during the day or at night, but thin enough to allow natural light into the room do you run the same risk as having your Valks in front of an open window?

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

^ While I'm no expert, it seems that even indirect sunlight (reflected off other surfaces) will cause damage to toys, though to a lesser degree than direct sunlight.

Because I'm a paranoid freak, what I do i install UV film on my windows, followed by curtains which do allow a little light to penetrate through. I'd like to think it diminishes the damage more (plus the UV films help keep the room cool in my Armpit of the world of a Country).

That said, all toys and plastic will deteriorate eventually, so just enjoy them while we can.

^ While I'm no expert, it seems that even indirect sunlight (reflected off other surfaces) will cause damage to toys, though to a lesser degree than direct sunlight.

Because I'm a paranoid freak, what I do i install UV film on my windows, followed by curtains which do allow a little light to penetrate through. I'd like to think it diminishes the damage more (plus the UV films help keep the room cool in my Armpit of the world of a Country).

That said, all toys and plastic will deteriorate eventually, so just enjoy them while we can.

Hmmm....yeah, going to have blinds installed in that room and with summer coming up they'll be closed during the day to help with cooling costs. That should kill two birds with one stone.

And put in bold for truth.

Thanks for the reply!

-b.

FWIW, my Yamato V1 TRU CF has yellowed quite a bit, and was never really on display. Meanwhile, my V1 Max 1A shows no signs of yellowing, and not only has been on display, but is currently on my desk at work, getting plenty of indirect sunlight.

The quality/formulation of the ABS, and other plastics, used, and their pigmentation, are the determining factors in their reactivity to UV light and Oxygen. My V1 VF-1A DYRL Kikaru yellowed just stored in a totally dark drawer... the bleached white grade of ABS Yamato used on that toy was horrendous.

do you guys think perhaps that it was by keeping your Valks in their box that caused them to yellow?
I understand the packaging plastic are prone to deterioration faster than the plastic used for toys. They release gas when they do, which will harm PVC toys, do I wonder if this would be the same for ABS.

This x1000. I love my collectibles, and take steps to take care for them, but at the end of the day nothing lasts forever. Whenever I buy toys, comics, books, or other collectibles, I do so with the understanding that I will enjoy them for a time, but it's entirely possible that one day they will go up in smoke or crumble into a pile of dust. And if I'm not ok with that then maybe I shouldn't buy them.

UV is what does it. That's what's causing the chemical reactions.

Either way, it's been discussed to death I think.

I don't want to collect boxes and leave them in the closet. Might as well not spend my money.