DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Was thinking of getting 2 Valks but that idea went down the drain. Only going to be able to get one now as I just placed an order on a RAH NEO Eva Unit 1. That ridiculously big figure is too hard to resist. Unless I manage to sell off one of my guitar or something I'll be able to fork out something for another Valk.

As for the Pre-order strategy all I have to say is that I came in the game late :X Was more into Gundams and Mazinger/ Getter (Super robot) stuff. Just found out about the DX Chogokin Macross line early this month and become obsessed with getting one.

Was thinking of getting 2 Valks but that idea went down the drain. Only going to be able to get one now as I just placed an order on a RAH NEO Eva Unit 1. That ridiculously big figure is too hard to resist. Unless I manage to sell off one of my guitar or something I'll be able to fork out something for another Valk.

As for the Pre-order strategy all I have to say is that I came in the game late :X Was more into Gundams and Mazinger/ Getter (Super robot) stuff. Just found out about the DX Chogokin Macross line early this month and become obsessed with getting one.

Good luck with Macross. There's a new anime coming too, so you've got your work cut out for you. There's too much to buy!

Good luck and happy hunting for Macross and welcome to the madness. Like Shukenzero said there is too much to buy. :)

Good luck with Macross. There's a new anime coming too, so you've got your work cut out for you. There's too much to buy!

Good luck and happy hunting for Macross and welcome to the madness. Like Shukenzero said there is too much to buy. :)

Yeah that's the problem, there are too many to buy and then I buy them all, and sometimes more than one. :wacko:

We're all screwed for money and space, but that's the joys of collecting. Thought I'd see the end of it after Frontier, but with the valks still coming, I'm dreading the next series.

At the same time, I can't complain. This is one of the best times to be a Macross fan.

I would try to get a VF-25A with an additional set of VF-25A Super Parts to see what this is all about. Most of the Frontier Valkyries have the same transformation scheme anyway so you get a pretty good impression. Both are available for a reasonable price over at http://www.nippon-yasan.com/modules/blocksearchtim/search.php?orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=vf-25a&id_category=none .

I would try to get a VF-25A with an additional set of VF-25A Super Parts to see what this is all about. Most of the Frontier Valkyries have the same transformation scheme anyway so you get a pretty good impression. Both are available for a reasonable price over at http://www.nippon-yasan.com/modules/blocksearchtim/search.php?orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=vf-25a&id_category=none .

The VF-25A was on CDJapan for $100 the other day but I decided to skip it because I'm not a huge fan of the head sculpt. Now that I think about it I probably should have bought it because I would've left it in fighter/ GERWALK mode anyway. Dammit...

EDIT: I was also thinking about getting the VF-25 Alto renewal someday but its $230 (probably a tad bit lower with the conversion rate) where I'm from. I could get the Isamu YF-29 for the same price so I'm probably going to do that.

Edited by ULessa

The VF-25A was on CDJapan for $100 the other day but I decided to skip it because I'm not a huge fan of the head sculpt. Now that I think about it I probably should have bought it because I would've left it in fighter/ GERWALK mode anyway. Dammit...

EDIT: I was also thinking about getting the VF-25 Alto renewal someday but its $230 (probably a tad bit lower with the conversion rate) where I'm from. I could get the Isamu YF-29 for the same price so I'm probably going to do that.

For $100??? I would have bought that!

Wow, I've been out of the Macross loop

Read up while it's locked, pending cooler heads and more news;

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40883&page=1

Like it's been said over and over again Bandai can get around to re-issuing the 25S and G at annnyyyy time now.

-b.

I'm afraid laying down the cash for the price of the 25S now and find out they're going to release it the next day. Happened to me many times with other things...

It can be hard sometimes, but I say patience is key. Besides think of what else you can do with $ 300, or at least that's what I do when I don't "reach" for a purchase.

-b.

I'm afraid laying down the cash for the price of the 25S now and find out they're going to release it the next day. Happened to me many times with other things...

Paying scalper prices for a 25S now would be stupid with the reissue around the corner. ;)

Paying scalper prices for a 25S now would be stupid with the reissue around the corner. ;)

Written with such authority. Please define around the corner with a date. Inquiring minds want to know! :)

-b.

Is this a cold fusion estimation? You know something that is always some month/years/decades away regardless of which point in time the estimation is made? ;)

No disrespect but do you have any evidence for this claim. Because "it is the logical next step" doesn't cut if for Bandai. ^_^

I think the VF-25S will be release as a VF-25 Newrenewal Edition with web shop exclusive add-on sets that won't fit the Renewal edition of course. Or Bandai will release all Frontier Valkyries that haven't been cast in toy form before they announce a reissue. After the reissue is sold out Bandai will announce the V1 of whatever Valkyrie will be included in the new Macross show. :)

I hope it is the latter and Bandai reissues the YF-29 Alto Custom bundle with included add-on set or a bundled VF-171EX Alto Custom. :lol:

^ It''s only natural and more or less expected.

Yes, VF-25S renewal reissue please. Preferably bundled with the armor packs. :-)

As someone who didn't get it before as well. Hopefully this happens.

Some months from now.

So yeah, basically no one except the overlords at Bandai know. "Some months from now" - that's a good one! :p

Or when Bandai used a batch of bad plastic again and the toy crumble in our hands the moment we take it out of its box. ^_^

That would be such a tragedy. :(

-b.

Is it possible Ozma will be in the next series and Bandai are waiting on that?

As awesome as that would be, they should (and probably would) make folks double-dip with a re-release of the 25S and then again with whatever variant he may have in the new series.

-b.