DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

I think the Ozma parts are available for cheaper is because most want the 25S in armor parts. I only recall seeing him in super parts 1 time in the movie, but I could be wrong. In the series all I remember is he always had armor parts.

Edited by Loop

Wish I could find my order confirmation, but I know I paid less for my Renewal 25S Super Parts. Please keep in mind that this soon after they were released.

IMO $ 99 is relatively cheap compared to how much the Super and Armor parts for the 25F are going for now.

-b.

Yea i just got them last week from BBTS, they had some used sets for around $80 but im OCD and i wanted the outer mailer box.

Yea i just got them last week from BBTS, they had some used sets for around $80 but im OCD and i wanted the outer mailer box.

Cool, don't blame you. Even those sets that I see as new/sealed/unopened on Mandarake or Jungle don't always have the brown mailer box.

-b.

Got mine recently as well. Makes a beautiful companion piece for the teal 171. Have a "Team Redshirt" of sorts...

http://www.majhost.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=3878714

Kind of a tangent, but it amuses me where we are now with Bandai and VF-25 toys. The 25A feels *very* solid in my hands, looks wonderful, and is fun/easy to mess around with. My first exposure to the VF-25 in toy form was, sadly, a VF100's VF-25S. That was a dark day. lol

I just tried to disassemble the VF-25 to remove the front landing gear, and I am blocked to this point.

post-15880-0-57806100-1400141086_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-11883700-1400141108_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-06789900-1400141128_thumb.jpg

If you look closer, there is a mettalic rod that attach 3 components together with the fuselage:

-the metallic landing gear

-the dark grey metallic cage that holds the gear and the axis-bar

-the axis bar that hold the hips and legs

I tried and it seems firmly attached inside, as if it was glued.

This rod is clearly visible in fighter mode, do you know how to remove it gently ?

This rod is clearly visible in fighter mode, do you know how to remove it gently ?

best way would be to find an appropriate diameter pin punch and tap it out slowly with a rubber mallet.

I totally recycled the mailer box on my super parts. I didn't realize it was a big deal...

Eh, I'll probably never sell my 25S - unless they never repop it and the value goes up even higher.

It's my only 25 and it's the best!

I totally recycled the mailer box on my super parts. I didn't realize it was a big deal...

Eh, I'll probably never sell my 25S - unless they never repop it and the value goes up even higher.

It's my only 25 and it's the best!

I like them because it protects the box. Yea boxes are nothing to some but i like minty packaging :)

Does anyone have clear photo of Alto's and Ozma's Armored Valks Renewal together? Side-by-side? I just want to know how close the overall grey colors on Alto's Armored Parts to Ozma's grey Valk? Is the light grey part of Alto's Armor close enough for Ozma's grey? Would the dark grey part of Alto's Armor parts will give enough contrast to Ozma's grey Valk? I know Ozma's Armored Pack has darker shades of grey on most parts. Just want to check if Alto's Armored Parts would look ok with Ozma's.

Btw, I tried checking online for photos but I can't guarantee if it's accurate in person. So would someone here who have both Valks with Armored Parts to please check, even if it's just an estimate, if Alto's Armored Parts would look ok with Ozma's

Thanks a bunch. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

Does anyone have clear photo of Alto's and Ozma's Armored Valks Renewal together? Side-by-side? I just want to know how close the overall grey colors on Alto's Armored Parts to Ozma's grey Valk? Is the light grey part of Alto's Armor close enough for Ozma's grey? Would the dark grey part of Alto's Armor parts will give enough contrast to Ozma's grey Valk? I know Ozma's Armored Pack has darker shades of grey on most parts. Just want to check if Alto's Armored Parts would look ok with Ozma's.

Btw, I tried checking online for photos but I can't guarantee if it's accurate in person. So would someone here who have both Valks with Armored Parts to please check, even if it's just an estimate, if Alto's Armored Parts would look ok with Ozma's

Thanks a bunch. :lol:

Will this work? I took this photo a while back.

10666021373_2e41809622_b.jpg

I'll add some other photos when I get home.

Edited by Saburo

Thanks saburo! From the looks of it, Alto's side armor skirts kinda have the same grey color of Ozma's valk. I assumed that if we ever use Alto's armored parts to Ozma basically it will be too much grey overall. Hmmm. What do you think? Do you think it will look ok? Or is it going to be too grey?

Again, thanks for the photo. :)

Thanks saburo! From the looks of it, Alto's side armor skirts kinda have the same grey color of Ozma's valk. I assumed that if we ever use Alto's armored parts to Ozma basically it will be too much grey overall. Hmmm. What do you think? Do you think it will look ok? Or is it going to be too grey?

Again, thanks for the photo. :)

Yes, the armor skirts are the same color of grey between the both of them. When I get home I can swap armors on the Ozma and take a quick pic of the Ozma with the Alto Armor parts for you. :)

Here's 2 more photos you can compare with.

14157736404_7912590a5d_b.jpg

13912369009_fefb1a1462_b.jpg

Oh cool! Thanks so much saburo. I'll look forward for your picture tonight. It will help me decide what to BUY next. Hehehe. :lol:

no3ljm here you go. Sorry I didn't swap the leg armor parts. Hope that is ok. ^_^

14008710188_da5726f965_b.jpg

14195305494_f308004886_b.jpg

Edited by Saburo

It kinda looks like the color of Ozma's Armor is close to the color of his 29.

Yeah, the (beautiful as always) pictures Saburo posted do give off that impression. But side-by-side not so much, the Ozma 25S Armor Parts are like a dark blue/green tint vs. the dark grey/charcoal of the Ozma 29.

-b.

It kinda looks like the color of Ozma's Armor is close to the color of his 29.

Yeah, the (beautiful as always) pictures Saburo posted do give off that impression. But side-by-side not so much, the Ozma 25S Armor Parts are like a dark blue/green tint vs. the dark grey/charcoal of the Ozma 29.

-b.

Kaneda thank you for the compliment.

Mommar, I agree with Kaneda Ozma's Armor parts are more a dark blue with a slight tinge green/grey.

no3jlm here you go. Sorry I didn't swap the leg armor parts. Hope that is ok. ^_^

Love it! Thanks saburo! Your photos are spectacular. ;)

I kinda like how the overall look of the color grey. I know there's not enough contrast to it but I really like it. Now I'm really decided. The only sad part is... VF-25S Renewal is now expensive. Here's to hoping for a reissue. Make mine Bandai! :lol:

Love it! Thanks saburo! Your photos are spectacular. ;)

I kinda like how the overall look of the color grey. I know there's not enough contrast to it but I really like it. Now I'm really decided. The only sad part is... VF-25S Renewal is now expensive. Here's to hoping for a reissue. Make mine Bandai! :lol:

No problem and thank you.

I think the combination looks good with the S with the F armor parts. I am hoping for a reissue for the VF-25S too, come on Bandai!

I know. I really like how the 25S head looks better in Battroid Armored mode than the 25F. :wub: That's why I ordered the Alto's Armored Part for 25S, assuming or if ever Bandai decides to do a reissue. If not, then atleast I still have Armor Parts for Alto. :lol: All I need to do if ever is repaint all the yellow stripes or apply thin red stickers for 25S. I think it's much easy to custom the Valk itself than the parts. Just completing the Red & Black stripe motif. ^_^

By the way, do you guys consider Alto's Durandal a part of the Red & Black scheme? Assuming the base color for the valks are still White (traditional) or Tan (Isamu's). Somehow I don't since majority of his Durandal body are red and not white. Any thoughts? ;)

But again, if ever he is, I'm not gonna spend that much to get him for completing the Red & Black scheme. Rather save the dough to get VF-4G (if Arcadia will not do reissue). Hehehe. :lol:

Edited by no3ljm

no3jim here you go. Sorry I didn't swap the leg armor parts. Hope that is ok. ^_^

I photoshopped the leg armors and changed Ozma yellow to red. Hope it's ok, saburo. ^_^ This combo is what I'm planning to do just in case Bandai reissue Ozma's 25S. :lol:

14008710188_da5726f965_b_red_zps6102c284

14195305494_f308004886_b_red_zps771800bc

I photoshopped the leg armors and changed Ozma yellow to red. Hope it's ok, saburo. ^_^ This combo is what I'm planning to do just in case Bandai reissue Ozma's 25S. :lol:

14008710188_da5726f965_b_red_zps6102c284

14195305494_f308004886_b_red_zps771800bc

That's a pretty awesome idea, I hope you get the chance to make your mod. I'd love to see it finished.

Saburo why do your photos look so beautiful everytime!!! I love the shots on the reflective ground.

Thank you for the compliment close313, I am glad people like my photos it drives me to improve my photography. I'll keep posting, but if you want to see more check out my flickr page. :) I am waiting for my Ozma 29 to take pics of it.

That's a pretty awesome idea, I hope you get the chance to make your mod. I'd love to see it finished.

Yeah, that cool with me. :) The color scheme look great!

Thanks! Glad you liked that color combo. I'm just looking around what to use to change those yellow stripes on 25S. Painting is the last option since it's going to chip when it's transformed. So I'm researcing for thin stickers. Now all we need is to wait for Bandai to announce a reissue. :lol:

Now sure if this is already been asked:

Is there a way on fixing/tightening the crotch area joints? It's not the one at the back of the hips/intake. But it's still the same metal part used for the hips. But it's the area that snaps the other end to form the crotch area. Usually, when I put the Armored Pack Booster, it really makes the back heavy and that's the time the metal joint will just snap out from the hole.

Thanks in advance. :)