DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

As usual very nice pics. :wub:

The Super Parts look so blue (is it my monitor?). Earlier pics showed them in a closer, or same, shade as the Super Parts for the 25F, S, G and RVF, so now I'm curious as to which color is true(er) to life.

NY shipped mine with the second batch as well, after these pics I'm kinda stoked to get them.

-b.

Saburo, I love your photos, care to share your technics?

Thank you for the compliment much appreciated! I shoot with low ISO within the 100 - 400 range, timed exposure, in a small photo booth I made and use a tripod. As for lighting, I am using a standard floor lamp using daylight bulbs reflected off the ceiling or sunlight. I don't really have that much fancy equipment, I am making do with what I have. :) Hope that helps.

As usual very nice pics. :wub:

The Super Parts look so blue (is it my monitor?). Earlier pics showed them in a closer, or same, shade as the Super Parts for the 25F, S, G and RVF, so now I'm curious as to which color is true(er) to life.

NY shipped mine with the second batch as well, after these pics I'm kinda stoked to get them.

-b.

Kaneda,

Thank you again for the compliment. :)

I was looking the super parts for the A, and they are the about same color the F, G, and RVF, which is a grey with a bit of blue in it. I did notice all the printing on them is lighter compared to the others. The blue in the photos is being enhanced more than likely by a combination of my lighting, longer exposure and Photoshop work.

Edited by Saburo

I'd also like to asked whether the blue is the same as the previous super parts blue. I would be very pleased if they are actually darker (to be closer to the ozma armor my 25A is wearing)

I think that Saburo's pictures have a richer colour so that may cause the blue to look like that. The more saturated/darker look of the blue is beautiful on the beige of the 25A.

edit: Looks like he answered it before I could post. Thanks!!

Edited by close313

I'd also like to asked whether the blue is the same as the previous super parts blue. I would be very pleased if they are actually darker (to be closer to the ozma armor my 25A is wearing)

I think that Saburo's pictures have a richer colour so that may cause the blue to look like that. The more saturated/darker look of the blue is beautiful on the beige of the 25A.

edit: Looks like he answered it before I could post. Thanks!!

Thanks close313! Actually you said it much better than I did. I was analyzing my process and how it would affect the color. I was over thinking again. :)

The only Super Parts I am not sure of is the Ozma set. I have a set, but they are sealed and Ozma only wants to use the Armored Parts. hahaha

^^Ah, makes perfect sense. Thank you both!

-b.

Kaneda

I adjusted the 2 of the images and added them to my previous post. Its a bit closer to what it would really look like.

Again, thanks for sharing Saburo. That blue Super Parts does fit nicely with that 25A.

No problem. :) Post some pics when you can. I am still learning as go with photography, but if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Edited by Saburo

Kaneda

I adjusted the 2 of the images and added them to my previous post. Its a bit closer to what it would really look like.

No problem. :) Post some pics when you can. I am still learning as go with photography, but if you have any other questions feel free to PM me.

Very cool, I can certainly see the difference.

You want him to take pics of turntables?

Ha! I remember having Technics stereo equipment (including a record player) in the house when I was a kid.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i have a Technics SL-1210M5G Grandmaster. but it just sits under the table of my Max and Miria boxes,

i ordered the 25a supers and will be very very late to the party.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

This is up for debate obviously but I talked to a shopkeeper, and he believes they won't reissue the Ozma.

He reasons that Bandai has been doing this with their other lines, deliberately keeping interest when they see one extra popular unit and deciding against making it widely available as a reissue. He mentions he's seen a trend, and thinks the G will have a reissue, based on the fact that there are quite a number of super parts still floating around at a relatively low price.

While I don't necessarily agree with him, he has been in the toy business and still is, and also I find that Bandai do make it difficult to get everything in a said line (Gundam comes to mind). Thoughts?

PS can't wait for the super parts...nice pics!

Edited by Shukenzero

This is up for debate obviously but I talked to a shopkeeper, and he believes they won't reissue the Ozma.

He reasons that Bandai has been doing this with their other lines, deliberately keeping interest when they see one extra popular unit and deciding against making it widely available as a reissue. He mentions he's seen a trend, and thinks the G will have a reissue, based on the fact that there are quite a number of super parts still floating around at a relatively low price.

While I don't necessarily agree with him, he has been in the toy business and still is, and also I find that Bandai do make it difficult to get everything in a said line (Gundam comes to mind). Thoughts?

That's a supremely dick move if true.

Wish I had picked up an extra VF-25S when they issued the renewals. :( It was nice back then, I just freely browsed onto Hobby Search and ordered one, none of the pre-order madness we see now! I can't begin to imagine what the pre-order would be like should they announce a re-release of the 25S.... oh wait, I can! That pic of Kirk pretty much sums it up. LOL

Edited by Phalanix

Guest davidwhangchoi

it will come out... after milking every mold...

i agree with everything and basically repeated what i said before. the only part i disagree is bandai not reissuing it ever. that's not going to happen.

they already re-released the 25F 3x and a few others. but they're chaining all the releases carefully leading up the the 25S.

though this topic seems to be repeated as if people can't read or have weekly amnesia, (much like the Harmony Gold threads), arcadia is doing the same. They hear the requests for the demand valks on twitter constantly but are making the best business decisions that gives them maximum length of interest in future pre-orders and sales.

putting out the 25s now will for at least half the people, complete their frontier collection and may lose their interest in future frontier products. (sames goes for Arcadia, who would buy a fire valk AFTER a VT-1 and Sdf-1 TV is released. it's better to release it now. lol)

It could be true, I dont know. I noticed they did the same thing with the Metal build series, they skipped the Seven Sword release which has skyrocketed on the secondary market and decided to reissue the Wing freedom. I would have liked to get a second seven sword to keep in the box.

I wonder if they're going to cap it off with an Armored 25S bundle or something.

That would be great, but I already have a second set of Ozma armor waiting for another 25S. I would still buy it though. :p

I really hope bandai/Tamashii make the Paladin Packs for the YF-25!

Me too, otherwise, I'm making it for myself. I'm gonna keep these fast pack pieces around for a bit in case they don't.

Quick question. Does the YF-25 appear to be piloted by any of the characters in MacF episodes?

Cant really recall seing it in the show (or maybe I skipped too much) other than the comments made by grace about macross frontier advancing the YF-24...and also, that paladin pack...is that somekind of a knight weapon or is it a gun?

I don't recall the yf-25 being flown in the Frontier tv series, but it was shown in the last Frontier movie and in Macross R.

I'm actually not sure if the lance is a gun or not.

it will come out... after milking every mold...

i agree with everything and basically repeated what i said before. the only part i disagree is bandai not reissuing it ever. that's not going to happen.

they already re-released the 25F 3x and a few others. but they're chaining all the releases carefully leading up the the 25S.

though this topic seems to be repeated as if people can't read or have weekly amnesia, (much like the Harmony Gold threads), arcadia is doing the same. They hear the requests for the demand valks on twitter constantly but are making the best business decisions that gives them maximum length of interest in future pre-orders and sales.

putting out the 25s now will for at least half the people, complete their frontier collection and may lose their interest in future frontier products. (sames goes for Arcadia, who would buy a fire valk AFTER a VT-1 and Sdf-1 TV is released. it's better to release it now. lol)

Still doesn't guarantee anything. We only assume to understand the cogs of Bandai. As Loop was saying, they never reissued the Seven Sword. Instead they made the 00 raiser and changed the markings. It's all speculation, and as much as we talk about it, and as much as we'd all want one, it's not solid until Bandai announces it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Still doesn't guarantee anything. We only assume to understand the cogs of Bandai. As Loop was saying, they never reissued the Seven Sword. Instead they made the 00 raiser and changed the markings. It's all speculation, and as much as we talk about it, and as much as we'd all want one, it's not solid until Bandai announces it.

you wanna wager a VF-25S :rolleyes::D if it comes out, buy me one and if it doesn't, i'll give you my ozma armor :p

Edited by davidwhangchoi