DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

If you've been doing this long enough then you realise it's a matter of being in the right place at the right time. There are patterns.

I've always been able to order without resorting to NY or eBay. It's mostly timing, preparation, and a bit of luck. The initial runs of the VF-29, 25F and 25S weren't difficult unless you waited too long - there was no mad rush until people realised that they weren't going to be discounted like the Ver 1s or Yamato stuff - so holding out for the discount/clearance backfired.

I don't know of any stores that stock between 10pm to 8am Japanese time. HLJ can be a bit flakey sometimes tho...

BTW, did anyone bother emailing HLJ to ask if their VF-25F Renewal restock actually went up, or if it's just a placeholder? And for that matter, why they still haven't listed the RVF-25? That's kinda weird, even for them...

I'm truly glad I already have a FV-25F renewal, so I could sit this out and just observe the carnage; problem is, this does not bode well for when the 25S renewal rerelease goes up... I foresee consecutive, bleary eyed, sleepless nights, and much frustrated cussing in my future within the next few months.

I'm truly glad I already have a FV-25F renewal, so I could sit this out and just observe the carnage; problem is, this does not bode well for when the 25S renewal rerelease goes up... I foresee consecutive, bleary eyed, sleepless nights, and much frustrated cussing in my future within the next few months.

Or worse, bandai decides to troll us and not to re-issue the VF25S...

Or worse, bandai decides to troll us and not to re-issue the VF25S...

I think, if they did that, it would tick me off far worse than being forced to pay inflated N-Y prices for one in the absence of securing a discounted/MSRP preorder elsewhere. I sure hope your pessimism does not prove itself true, but I'm sure milking the molds for another bite of renewal sales with a second release of Ozma's Messiah is too much of a temptation not to pursue, and in the future we'll also have reissues of the G and the RVF to look forward to.

I think, if they did that, it would tick me off far worse than being forced to pay inflated N-Y prices for one in the absence of securing a discounted/MSRP preorder elsewhere. I sure hope your pessimism does not prove itself true, but I'm sure milking the molds for another bite of renewal sales with a second release of Ozma's Messiah is too much of a temptation not to pursue, and in the future we'll also have reissues of the G and the RVF to look forward to.

I hope that I am wrong too, but if ever they actually decide to reissue the 25S, I will still try to get one as my 25s came incomplete with parts missing (even it was MISB). In the event if I cannot secure one, then too bad and I have to live with whatever I have.

I think after the RVF25, I will call it quits for any Frontier Valk, unless they announce something awesome, like the DX YF-30.

if not, I definitely would like to pursue other stuffs like The Konig Monster, Macross Quarter, some sheryl and ranka Figuarts Zero stuffs and maybe catching up with some Yammies..

Edited by TCracker

You have 3?!

question (just purely out of curiosity), why do you need a 4th? haha

I have two from the original release, and I managed to get a preorder in. Would like a 4th just so I can have one naked, super, armor, and tornado packed. VF-25 is one of my favorite designs and Alto and Ozma have the best colors, being Frontier analogs of Hikaru and Roy's colors. :)

OK, so I am mad curious about the PM'z that are going around lol. I secured one last night using a friend in Japan, but it was like 10 USD higher than NY. I fell asleep at my PC when they reopened last night lol. I gave up by 12:30 and missed the AE one also. I need 1x more to be happy any more after that are just gravy.

Edited by Loop

If Otacute sells out in 10 secs.. I'm guessing they didn't have a lot of stock to begin with...

Back to camping at NY? Maybe they've managed to pull a few more stock for later

So now that we've exhausted most of the sites, where else do people have left to go?
Angloz? A-E again?