DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Now you get to enjoy those super packs and armor packs you bought for the 25F, David :)

I did the same thing so I'm glad I get to use them on the two I ordered over the past few nights.

Edited by xrentonx

My experiences with them changing anything in the order has been terrible. They seem terribly inflexible about things like order combination. not sure about changing shipping method too

Interesting. I have been talking to N-Y about re-combining orders and canceling orders and they have been pretty responsive.

Edited by royard

Guest davidwhangchoi

great to hear many of you got one at last.

Now.. how long before they reissue the super and armor packs as well...

i just checked an hour ago on nippon and it was 120 now its like closer to 200

Edited by davidwhangchoi

So you got one David?

A pre-order, yes. But with how many shortages there are, I won't be surprised if only those who got in the first 2 batches at N-Y actually get them or something.

Or my biggest worry---a defective valk. Missing crotch piece, two left biceps, or something like that.

Now that they've started reissuing the Valks, when are they gonna get around to Michael's super packs? Feels like I've been waiting ages for that announcement.

Preorder at NY is up at 21000 yen

Finally got two but sucks that its the same as those listed by scalper at yahoo.jp auctions. Thanks for those who provided the tips and info

Edited by recon

I love Nippon Yasan, and I think it's totally fair for them to charge the market value for their product (which is really determined by us). I've order twice from them before, both times for just a slight markup (I was lucky with the timing).

But am I the only one who is pretty certain they have, say 100 units. They put 40 on preorder, they sell out fast. Then they wait a fair 12-24 hours, nudge the price up, and put 20 more on sale... And so on.

Whatever. It is what it is.

A pre-order, yes. But with how many shortages there are, I won't be surprised if only those who got in the first 2 batches at N-Y actually get them or something.

Or my biggest worry---a defective valk. Missing crotch piece, two left biceps, or something like that.

You're not very positive are you? hahah.

You could always just pay now to make sure you get one.

I don't think so physioguy. Bandai wouldn't just send them 100 units and nobody else. They have to be actively buying them from other places.

Yeah, there's no way a situation like this would happen where Bandai allocates that many to NY. If that was the case, NY wouldn't be allowed to mark up the units like they do.

They're working outside of the usual distys...in a grey market.

Edited by xrentonx

Damn, got the NY alert, but was in a sales meeting with my boss, so couldn't take out my phone to try to place an order. Already closed after I got out of the meeting :( Graham

You should have ran out of the meeting saying you were sick and holding your hand over your mouth. haha

I love Nippon Yasan, and I think it's totally fair for them to charge the market value for their product (which is really determined by us). I've order twice from them before, both times for just a slight markup (I was lucky with the timing).

But am I the only one who is pretty certain they have, say 100 units. They put 40 on preorder, they sell out fast. Then they wait a fair 12-24 hours, nudge the price up, and put 20 more on sale... And so on.

Whatever. It is what it is.

Yeah thats true, Most of their preorder only have slight markup prices, but for this VF-25F preorder is insane. If only bandai would cater for 200 units for each retailer, This would kinda solve the issue of shortages and scalpers

Damn, got the NY alert, but was in a sales meeting with my boss, so couldn't take out my phone to try to place an order. Already closed after I got out of the meeting :( Graham

Yeah i hear you graham, suck when you are at work doing something or in a meeting when the preorder alerts come in

Edited by recon

Just an FYI, but I was just randomly refreshing the page when I saw the price had changed (first time in several minutes)---I *knew* that had to mean it was available again, and I clicked the spot where the add-to-cart button WOULD be--it was still loading the image for the button (changing from grey to red). The page hadn't even finished loading by the time I was trying click "checkout".

I gotta say, this was my first time ever preordering a toy. I never really knew how crazy it could get. The anxiety and excitement and ultimately that feeling you get from finally landing that order is pretty satisfying. Yet it's strangely addicting, I can't stop watching

NY doesn't really budge when it comes to changing orders in my experience. I had the YF 29 30th anniversary reissue in the same cart with my VF 171 CF and asked if they could ship the YF 29 when it came out but they said I had to wait for April when CF was released. Not sure why they couldn't do since the shipping charges on each was separate AFAIK.

NY doesn't really budge when it comes to changing orders in my experience. I had the YF 29 30th anniversary reissue in the same cart with my VF 171 CF and asked if they could ship the YF 29 when it came out but they said I had to wait for April when CF was released. Not sure why they couldn't do since the shipping charges on each was separate AFAIK.

Within NY's Pre-Order page, they do say this:

All the orders with items in stock ordered with an item in pre-order will be sent with the pre-order. (The item in stock will be in the same package as the pre-order.)

In this case, payment is required at time of order.

If you want the shipment of the product in stock immediately, please make a separate order.

In the case of an order with several items in Preorders WITH RELEASE DIFFERENT RELEASE DATE, we will only ship when the last product is release. (Payment must be made in full at for the release of the first product.)

A lot of companies seem to go by this ordering process from what I've seen. Which does kind of suck, but it is their rules that we have to go by I guess.

Guest davidwhangchoi

i just ordered @ gginfinite for 125 plus shipping. there were 2 left and i accidenlty doubled ordered and sent an e-mail to cancel one as i don't need two. (they only had two remaining)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Interesting. I have been talking to N-Y about re-combining orders and canceling orders and they have been pretty responsive.

do share how you've managed to do it. They've been pretty reluctant when I enquired about it, saying I will have to re-add them into the cart and purchase them again separately, which is kinda silly seeing as some of the items are already sold out.

I feel your pain with the high markup but now I feel slightly better for ordering a YF-29 just a few days before the announcement of the reissue. Strange. :D

I think I should order another VF-25S when it's got a re-release just to have some spare parts if anything gets damaged on my display Valkyries.

I already have a broken metal hip bar on my Alto that needs a replacement. Damn I should start do learn 3D modeling or Japanese to resolve the issue myself.

I'm really hoping that my preorders show up in good shape and not missing any parts or are broken/bend right out the box. :(

Actually, I'm kind of surprised NY seems to hesitant to split orders anymore. I accidentally ordered my VF-171EX and the super packs at the same time, but they were plenty willing to ship them separately.

Also, they do still have the super and armor packs in stock it appears, or did last time I looked. They're pretty heavily marked up I think, but they're still there.

I'm sure they don't get 100 units (that's why i said, "say, 100 units" meaning "whatever number they get). What i should have stated was that they get "x" units, and they post "<x" for preorder, 12 hours and a price bump, then they would post a few more, etc...

Again, not complaining. I think all's fair in Macross collecting. Just funny how quick their preorder cycle of "open--> closed--> pause--> price bump --> open" and so on, goes.

If they are acquiring more units from other sources, and that explains this phenomenon, that's cool too.

I've been working, and subsequently missed all the preorder windows. I'm currently selling my Ozma renewal on ebay, in hopes that they reissue it, and I can snag one down the road at a lesser price.

Oh, crazy Macross obsession.

Harry

I wonder how many (if any) of the items preordered from amiami are sold by NY. ^_^

Amiami has a 1 per customer rule too.. I don't even know how NY can obtain it from them. My guess is they're buying it off the retailers in Japan - probably booking using phone or something?

Now.. to wait and pray for a reissue of the web exclusive super and armor packs... or shell out for the overpriced ones at various places...

Edited by SaitouSad