1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I wonder how well it will stand. You can see the nubs where the legs will attach and there is an awfull lot sticking out the back of the torso. Don't really care, mind you, as I am a fighter mode person just wondering.

Chris

Looking very good. It'd be nice to get it in FB2012 colors, but that box art looks fine to me as well.

The foot design looks lineart correct in the CAD art on the box. Like the VF-19, looks like a fair bit of die-cast for durability, and a very streamlined jet mode. The cockpit even moves to allow the chestplate to lay over the canopy per the lineart, a first for any VF-4 toy or model.

Totally stoked for this thing.

Edited by M'Kyuun

The only that doesn't give hope about a FB2012 paint sceme is that it's a late model VF-4G not an A or what ever it was in FB2012. Coarse they can redeem themselves by bringing to life the FAST/Super packs that we have seen line art for as punishment.

The only that doesn't give hope about a FB2012 paint sceme is that it's a late model VF-4G not an A or what ever it was in FB2012.

Are there any known differences among the VF-4 variants, other than POSSIBLY the head? (since the G-version seems to exist with both known head types, like the VF-27B)

To my limited knowledge it was a engine change in the 2030-40's unknown if any outward change, but calling it a G model then painting it a sqaud color that disappeared nearly 30 years before just doesn't look like it will happen (but most likely a legal thing).

Could somebody please post pics of the different head variants?

I thought the letter designation was just nomenclature, but didn't really have that much impact on design differences!?

Have you tried a little thing called google? Or hey, I dunno - looking back through this thread? Honestly the amount of repeated questions or easily found bits of information which are constantly posted are astounding. Nothing personal lechuck, but I'm getting tired of my inbox filling with the same questions. Maybe if there is no answer, it isn't known yet. But getting on the band wagon;

ZOMG IS THE FB2012 SCHEME COMING OUT?!?!?

Have you tried a little thing called google? Or hey, I dunno - looking back through this thread? Honestly the amount of repeated questions or easily found bits of information which are constantly posted are astounding. Nothing personal lechuck, but I'm getting tired of my inbox filling with the same questions. Maybe if there is no answer, it isn't known yet. But getting on the band wagon;

ZOMG IS THE FB2012 SCHEME COMING OUT?!?!?

Wouldn't it have been easier to just not respond?

Yes, probably. Like I said - nothing personal. Just a blanket statement for the masses.

I understand people are excited, but they should really do as sensible ppl do and research and read and that will answer 99% of questions. Surely I'm not the only one? Maybe I am and I'm just a grumpy scrooge.

Could somebody please post pics of the different head variants?

I thought the letter designation was just nomenclature, but didn't really have that much impact on design differences!?

vf4.png

These were posted awhile back. Pretty big difference.

Are there any known differences among the VF-4 variants, other than POSSIBLY the head? (since the G-version seems to exist with both known head types, like the VF-27B)

Externally? Aside from the alternative head for the VF-4G, there's the VF-4SL:

68f6007a58eb4450.jpg

Yeah that color is striking! EDIT: dou after rereading the above posts it seems the difference in heads are a product of old line art and new line art, coarse I would love to see the difference of the two VF-4's side by side.

Edited by MichaelS

Dumb question: so what plane has Kawamori stated as his inspiration for the design of the VF-4, if any? I'm surprised I'd never noticed the resemblance before, but....

From GM.DX 4:

Peculiar Engine Mounting: SR-71 and VF-4

SR-71 Blackbird

The design of this VF-4 was designed as an advanced Valkyrie at the time of the broadcast of "Super Dimension Fortress Macross" (it appears as a model in the original story). The form of the engine mounts is reminiscent of the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. Moreover, this craft has a design more close to the SR-71 than the V-BR-2, which was designed simultaneously as one of the craft of Advanced Valkyrie.