1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Considering they've put NUNS stickers with the Mac7 VF-17's, I can't see why they wouldn't include the skulls with these.

At some point an unbuilt kit version would be cool - I mean, lets face it, the VF-X scheme alone has multiple variations (the promotional, intro animation, and game model all appear to have slight differences; didn't Yellow Submarines battroid kit have purple on the scheme they used for the cover shot?) - but initially at least I think most people want a complete toy. How many pages of hand wringing did we have on that very subject at the beginning of this thread again? Heh, I suppose its the same conundrum another gentleman on this forum was having over the SDF Macross - do you prefer the convenience (and confidence that you won't accidentally ruin it) of the premade toy, or the lower cost and customizability of the kit . . . . .

Of course considering that both the VF-X and 2012 regalia are mostly white, a finished solid white valk would be prettty easy to customize too.

Yamato could also just go berserk with the color variations: Pastelle blue Max! Navy blue Max! Midnight blue Max! Max with near naked Milia rendered minmei guard style along half his valkyrie! Ever seen Zorro the Gay Blade? :)

Actually the half naked Milia version sounds kinda sweet . . . .

As long as the shoulder and arms don't snap as a free battle damage "bonus feature" I am fine with the game version. Quality Control at yamato seems to be pretty good these days though.

After this I hope they give us YF-19 ver2. Then variable glaug, and then a redo of the koenig monster game edition. (hint steal off bandai but give us the much cooler longer barrels heh)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

After this I hope they give us YF-19 ver2. Then variable glaug, and then a redo of the koenig monster game edition. (hint steal off bandai but give us the much cooler longer barrels heh)

A ver 2 Köenig Monster is a great idea but it won't happen :(

Now the 1/60 YF-19 ver 2 is almost a given.

What licenses would Yamato need for a fb2012 version, is it something they can pick up easily if this toy sales well or would they have to fight for it? One more thing can Yamato sale enough stickers to convert it to an FB with out a license?

Edited by MichaelS

Even if they include skulls, the 2012 scheme (and most VF-1's etc) is white skulls on mostly-black fins. Adding black skulls to these all-white fins will not come at all close to "the look".

(I doubt they'd include white skulls, as they wouldn't show up---unless they expect a lot of people to paint the fins first)

Even if they don't include skull markings, how many spares do all of us have? :p I know I have at least a few due to all the DYRL valks I've gotten. And it's not as if VF-84 markings are exactly rare or unpopular.

Though, if they do make the tails white, I might be tempted to use some other markings on them. I've always loved VF-142.

What licenses would Yamato need for a fb2012 version, is it something they can pick up easily if this toy sales well or would they have to fight for it? One more thing can Yamato sale enough stickers to convert it to an FB with out a license?

Yamato said some time ago they got the VF-X licence because that’s where the VF-4’s battroid and gerwalk modes are registered. It’s as simple as that.

Like I have said earlier it could be pink for all I care just the fact we are getting a vf4 has got me gidde, I was just wondering if this sales well would Yamato have a hard time bringing a FB to sell alone with other livery colors. It is good to know that they got the vfx license to get gerwalk and battloid modes.

Yes, ready to hit the preorder button!!

Which vendor is going to offer it for us non Japan residents??

I'm hoping HLJ will be offering these, as the have done with a few other Yamato exclusives. Aside from that, I'm sure Nyppon-Yasan and Tokyo-Hunter will be posting preorders for it.

I wonder if that stand comes with it or just for display would be wonderful if included. Pretty pictures of the prescious.

I assume that prototype is too heavy to stand by itself, so they are using the stand as support.

I didn't think of that but still wouldnt it be awesome if it was included think of all the dynamic poses you could do out of the box.

Looking at all those pictures i think I have seen origami with less folds binds and joints.