1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

Inestable is not a word.

Actually, it is... in Spanish

Portuguese, Spanish, Italian use "in" instead of "un" to denote a negative modifier to a word: instável = inestable = instabile = unstable

Edited by mechaninac

More pics please! Was there anymore info in the issue has anybody translated it or can share with the masses? Also with gear this low will pylon weapons look right?

As I mentioned previously, the issue doesn't come out until the 25th.

Patience.

The only reason that photo leaked is because issues were distributed late this week due to the weekend. The issue itself however his not officially on stands yet.

Gorgeous! They really captured the jet, and managed to keep all the other modes proportional and aesthetically pleasing. I like the sleek, lanky battroid - looks very dynamic for it's top heavy design. Like many I'm very pleasantly surprised by the Gerwalk - it looks extremely functional. I'm guessing the grey is ABS, the gold die-cast, and the black POM - looks like it's going to be pretty solid. It looks like they did a pretty good job of keeping the largest pieces of metal in its center of gravity - while I do worry a little about how those hips are going to hold up over time, if they handled it the way I think they did, a dab of nail polish now and then is all its gonna need.

Change Jug? Check!

Ramen Noodles? Check!

I.V. Fluids? Check!

Only six more months. . . .

was there any super/ armor pack on this VF-4G in the Macross Flashback movie? Just can't remember

None at all in the Flashback animation. There's some line art around though...in this very thread, I believe.

Edited by xrentonx

It's already been confirmed that this will NOT have the FB2012 Hikaru scheme, but instead Yamato will be using scheme from the VF-X video game (which appears to be what they have the license for). Here's the picture of the colors they are using, at least according to the Shizouka hobby show display (if they are true to the VF-X scheme, at least from the screenshots our resident VF-X expert posted, the yellow arrows will be red and the grey bands on the upper and lower legs will be red as well).

post-1418-0-58172900-1340787255.jpg

The discussion is actually further back on this thread, its a bit of a "CF" paintscheme for the VF-4. I personally still think it's a nice scheme and pretty close to the Hikaru colors, but it is missing the pale yellow and the all-important skulls. There are plenty of MW members that have already said no to this because it's not the 2012 paint scheme, but whether or not that paint scheme ever gets made is probably a matter of licensing and of course how successful this web-exclusive is. Other than getting the pale yellow to pop over the dark grey, this wouldn't be a terribly difficult customization, and I actually kinda like the colors they're using, but yes, it's disappointing that we couldn't actually get the 2012 scheme for 2012. Thus is life and licensing - I'm just happy to see such a beautiful VF-4 in fully transforming plasticky glory.

Of course the VF-X game also has Max and Milia schemes . . . . (I just hope if they do them, they go with the intro animation colors and not the pale pastels from the game itself ) :)

Edited by NeoverseOmega