1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I guess since the VF-4 was never prominent and all of the enemy Mechs in Mac 7 already look like the SR-71 I never put two-and-two together either.

Considering you also have this thing, yeah, no one's going to bother saying the VF-4 looks like an SR-71. :p96026048be4.gif

Considering you also have this thing, yeah, no one's going to bother saying the VF-4 looks like an SR-71. :p

The Gerwalk on that thing would look a lot cooler then the VF-4's. Though it's Battroid is impossibly chunky for a fighter that slim.

We really need a toy of the VF-14. That design is so badass; definitely in my top 3 favorite Valks designs.

In black, the VF-14 Vampire looks like something Batman would fly.

I'd love to see either of the two, but I don't care for the nose design of the M3 version as much.

But either one probably uses a somewhat similar transformation to the VF-4 to begin with. I would like to see exactly how their legs work going to battroid though. That particular feature always confused me, and it's not like the VF-4 where you have the upper thigh coming out of the wings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG, there's more than 0.5mm of clearance between the gear doors and the ground! (that's an irk of mine with many Yamato valks---they practically sit on their gear doors in fighter mode--the YF-19 is probably the worst in that regard)

OMG, there's more than 0.5mm of clearance between the gear doors and the ground! (that's an irk of mine with many Yamato valks---they practically sit on their gear doors in fighter mode--the YF-19 is probably the worst in that regard)

VF-11B/C is worse in that regard.

The VF-4 looks stunning so far.

Graham

Just got word from Yamato that that issue of Hobby Japan (released on June 25) will have a bunch of VF-4 info, so hopefully there will be more than just that one page. Fingers crossed.

Looks like that's all there is. This is from the the 171EX thread:

http://blog.yahoo.com/_ED274AZGFINLESDVVHRADMVIMU/articles/651428/index

Chris

Wow! The fighter mode looks awesome.... they really pulled it off. Not feeling the other modes though, but I never could even in the lineart.