That's not so true any more. They use motion capture cameras to shoot the scene twice. One with the stand ins or actors and then a clean so they can superimpose the CG into the same shot. Add in some camera shakes and you have a natural looking shot with no green screen. I'm pretty sure all of the shots with the black suit Robocop will be replaced by a CG version complete with a mechanical hand. The hand is kept free from gloves to make it easier to maneuver the gun in action. You still need green screen for wide sceneries and a moving unrealized background.

Or I could be wrong... It looks like from these concept art that they may keep the hand, if it's real.

post-151-0-70376500-1353279075_thumb.png

This may refer to the original where they mentioned that they can save the hand while Murphy was still on the operating table. Maybe they'll decide to take it off later on. Keeping IS lame though.

That's not so true any more. They use motion capture cameras to shoot the scene twice. One with the stand ins or actors and then a clean so they can superimpose the CG into the same shot. Add in some camera shakes and you have a natural looking shot with no green screen. I'm pretty sure all of the shots with the black suit Robocop will be replaced by a CG version complete with a mechanical hand. The hand is kept free from gloves to make it easier to maneuver the gun in action. You still need green screen for wide sceneries and a moving unrealized background.

Or I could be wrong... It looks like from these concept art that they may keep the hand, if it's real.

post-151-0-70376500-1353279075_thumb.png

This may refer to the original where they mentioned that they can save the hand while Murphy was still on the operating table. Maybe they'll decide to take it off later on. Keeping IS lame though.

Now that is more Robocopish. I'd prefer a thicker visor though. Or maybe like on the VF-19S.

If that silver and black concept art is what he looks like in the final footage....I'm ok with that. Hand and all.

I don't entirely dislike the black suit, just think it looks to flat. The silver makes it more visually interesting.

The more I think about it, the more I've come to realize that as long as they keep the core tenents of Robocop the same: a man fighting his way out of a machine existence, then I'll be happy. The redesigns, the music, the acting... I can work with all of those as long as I get that basic premise.

And... y'know... buckets and buckets of violence. ^_^

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Is it me, or does Robocop have a bit of a pot belly?

Probably the suit. Or maybe they told the actor to "bulk up" a bit. Probably didn't tell him to stop. Or the stunt guy is the one with the pot belly.

The proportions are rather chunky compared to Peter Weller in the actual suit. Reminds me of the size difference between the CGI Iron Man and RDJ in an actual Iron Man suit...but in reverse. Makes you wonder how thin an actor has to be to fit in that Robocop suit and look proportionate.

I remember watching the TV version of Robocop, and the actor looked ridiculously bulky in the suit.

The proportions are rather chunky compared to Peter Weller in the actual suit. Reminds me of the size difference between the CGI Iron Man and RDJ in an actual Iron Man suit...but in reverse. Makes you wonder how thin an actor has to be to fit in that Robocop suit and look proportionate.

I remember watching the TV version of Robocop, and the actor looked ridiculously bulky in the suit.

Thought it was just me who thought the statue looked strange.

I can understand the chunkiness, it rather is. But it's a statue. I dunno I think it'd be nice of his hand was open and rested so ppl could stand under that hand like he's giving ya a pat on the head for not being trouble.

Same time, I see this sucker being spray painted graffiti daily!

• 1 month later...