The helmet is kind of okay, but the rest of the costume... just not feeling it; it looks like a Batman inspired power suit, or like the one in the GI-Joe movie, not a robot/android; and it's not the matte rubber look with glossy shoulder pauldrons and other bits, it's the whole aesthetics of the thing... on its own it fails miserably at visually conveying the very underlying theme of a dead cop grafted to a robot body.

Maybe keeping one real arm is a callback to the original movie where they joke about being able to save one of his arms while rebuilding Murphy into Robocop.

They should do some freaky cyberpunk thing like that one episode of AD Police where a cyborg only has his original tongue and he needs to bite it to feel alive.

That wasn't his arm they were talking about, it was his third leg :p

Personally, I think bike looks like the designer's trying too hard to make it look cool and high-tech. Too much unnecessary detailing and panel lines, yet the overall form is that of a very generic current day racing bike.

I know bikes haven't evolved much aesthetically through the decades, but this "robo-bike" has absolutely nothing to distinguish itself from all the others.

Some more set photos:

ROBOCOP: Joel Kinnaman Takes His Turn On The Motorcycle; Close-Up Of A Perp

Is that a holster on his thigh? Ya kidding me? A addon holster? His gun isn't in his thigh? :blink:

Might not actually be seen on camera. Might just be there so the actor can reach down and grab the gun. Then, they'll do the opening thigh thing in post production. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

• 2 weeks later...

Might not actually be seen on camera. Might just be there so the actor can reach down and grab the gun. Then, they'll do the opening thigh thing in post production. At least, that's what I'm hoping.

It better be. It better be...

• 2 weeks later...

I thought the all black rubber suit was temporary, and later in the film he gets the metal additionals?

Still deslike that bare hand. "Hey people, lets make a billion Dollar robot cop that is better than a human, but keep his fleshy hand, yes, the one he aims and shoots with. Well done engineers."

I think it said he'll start with the metallic and black suit and then be upgraded to the all black one we've been seeing. I also think the mattalic one looks so much better.

Chris