• 2 weeks later...

Will it be a toy or a model kit? I'd buy that for a dollar!

It's from threezero so it'll be a toy, it'll be very big, and very expensive.

Maybe it's just the angle in which it was photographed, but it actually looks...adorable. :huh:

The original ED-209 was always adorable looking. The new one needs to lookd adorable too in order to a be a worthy update.

Not surprised, as this has happened with the real RoboCop back in the '80s.

God.......I remember that. but honestly I never tied that to being Robocop. Not like Mac n Me was a dumbed down ET variant. Or Atlantic Rim is clearly a knock off of Pacific Rim, etc etc.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks like in addition to the 3A ED-209 they are also producing a line of actual RoboCop figures;

http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-3/threezero-%E9%96%8B%E7%99%BC%E4%B8%AD-action-figure-robocop-2014%E9%9B%BB%E5%BD%B1%E7%89%88-robocop/

Add those to the Square Enix Play Arts line and other toy makers there will be a crap ton of merchandise for this movie (but yet we can't get any decent Jaegers from Pacific Rim in toy form :p ).

-b.

Bah. The awesome thing about ED-209 was that it was so over-powered, with a ridiculous design flaw. Robocop shouldn't be able to stand up to one, let alone several, unless he's on the stairs.

Meh, I'll still probably watch it. Looks like a cheesy popcorn action flick, but there was never any chance that it was going to be the classic that the original was.

On that note, how come no one's making a video game for this (short of the iPhone game)? The material seems prime for a passably-entertaining shooter.

• 2 weeks later...