Sucker Punch

Ladic

Been wanting to see this trailer since Saturday cause of all the hype G4 created. Now that I've seen it I'm not as overwhelmed with excitement as I was hoping I'd be, but I definitely want to see it when it hits theaters; have hope since I love 300 so much and this is by the same guy.

I've loved both "Dawn of the Dead" and "300" and at worst found "Watchmen" an interesting failure worth seeing. So I'm definitely willing to go along for the ride with this latest Zack Snyder creation. Looks fun and I also like the psychological setup for all this. Sounds and looks promising.

From IMDb:

A young girl is institutionalized by her wicked stepfather. Retreating to an alternative reality as a coping strategy, she envisions a plan which will help her escape from the facility.

Okay...

It does catch the eye, though... I'm thinking rental.

Edited by Rossi

Okay so none of it is real in the Movie universe. It is all just a dream. In that case why should care what happens to this character in the dream world?

It is my understanding that what happens in the "dream" is supposed to help the main character in the real world.

Okay so none of it is real in the Movie universe. It is all just a dream. In that case why should care what happens to this character in the dream world?

I take it you didn't like Inception :ph34r:

In what part of the trailer does it indicate that it's a dream?

It simply looks like an alternative realm with steampunk mixed with anceint asia, season with Fantasy and topped with with some Nazi's.

Seems like a fresh idea,and hopefully will do better than those cliche caped hero films.

Even if the movie is a vapid cgi plot hole, I'll watch it just so I can say I watched a B-25 fighting a fire-breathing dragon with rocket-powered paveways. laugh.gif

Feels like this might have something in common with American McGee's "Alice," at least as far as the asylum aspect goes. What I'm hoping though is that they'll leave things ambiguous so you never know whether what happens is real or not.

Edited by Chronocidal

Wow

I hope it delivers

BTW what opening song is that !!!! I want that SAMPLE@!

The music on the trailer i saw was sampled from a song called The Crab Louse by Lords of Acid. There are about 30 remixes of the song, I haven't gone through them to identify the specific mix but it sounds like to original album version off Voodoo U.

I happen to love a good B movie, this movie looks like pure escapism to me, I'm sold, I hope it's fun and have zero expectations that it will be a perfectly crafted, fully developed story with flawles characters and plot.

Sometimes being ultra cynical takes all the fun out of life.

• 7 months later...