Sucker Punch

Ladic

Any idea what's the differences?

There are a lot of little additions, and a couple new scenes. The biggest change would probably be the addition of the full musical from the end credits, a full new scene with "the high roller," and an extended fight on the way to the dragon.

an extended fight on the way to the dragon.

More like..."the fight scene on the way to the dragon." I know they had to cut for time, but that entire sequence lopped out made the whole dragon scene in the theater seem weird. You could tell something was missing.

I liked the club sequence that was cut, but...I do agree with Snyder's decision about it. It did seem to remove a bit of danger about the asylym/brothel, and made it seem like it's a "fun place".

just watched it a few days ago, the normal version i guess, and have to say i was very disturbed at the end, and after thinking about it a few days, yes, i loved this movie as well, very thought provoking.

Definately check out the extended version. I watched the theatrical second, and honestly, it's missing so much that I'll stick with the extended from now on.

Yeah, the ending is basically One Flew Over The Cookoo's next/Brazil/etc, but it's still a great take on it.

Edited by Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to seeing it. I stand by my initial reaction when the trailers first hit: it sucked. The Bjork/Samurai scene is the only part of the movie that really had me into it, and that's mostly because I love Bjork. It reminded me of a poorly done Project A-Ko ripoff, and fell into the same trap The Matrix movies did; namely, you are brought into a world where people are capable of extreme displays of physical prowess and ability, but they resort to fighting with guns. The movie is basically a fanboy masturbatory fetish fantasy.

I can't say it's worse than 300, because I actually like some of the actors in that movie; Scott Glenn doesn't get enough screen time to make up for the empty eye candy that makes up the mostly female cast. I dunno what you guys see in this movie, but to each their own.