FURIOUS OVER NEW CONAN (Conan the Barbarian remake)

Agent ONE

Not to knock Jason Momoa, but he just doesn't fit the image of the character. Besides, if Game of Thrones gets picked up, he should stay to being busy playing Khal Drogo (a character he fits the image of much better).

However, that Marius Pudzianowski looks too much like an over-grown man child. There is a point where your body is too big for your head and you just start to look silly.

I nominate Conan to play Conan... Conan Stevens, that is. 7 foot tall stuntman from down-under... and he looks like a grizzled badass. Not only that, but he is a fan of Robert E. Howard and prefers faithfulness to the source material in adapted projects he works on.

ConanStevens1.jpg

Here's an idea: why not depict Conan in the way Robert E. Howard described him?

That's the point, Howard never described Conan as a 280-300lb body builder. He always described Conan as powerful man from years of hard work but never as the biggest guy on the planet. His Conan was also agile and lithe and described him more like a panther or tiger than a hulking bull. But I agree that one pic makes him look a little fruity. Here's a better one.

post-5693-1264258878_thumb.jpg

At the rate Hollywood is selling-out, next we are gonna have some long fringed pretty boy Conan the Vampire to cater to the teenage girls.

If more teenage girls were into Conan, the world would be a better place. :D

But I agree that one pic makes him look a little fruity. Here's a better one.

Actually, I think he looks fruitier there...must be all the leather.

I didn't really like the old conan films except for the soundtrack. I don't have a problem with Jason Momoa when he was in Stargate and i don't think they'll be much of a problem with him being conan considering hollywood will always come up with something to make actors look morelike the part. Slap a bit of dirt on him, grow more hair, give him ripped clothes (or none) and bingo a barbarian. :lol:

Maybe whoever is doing the remake is sticking closer to the original version than the Arnold films. Conan was a beefy guy, but he was also intelligent in warfare, languages and even thievery. Heck, he eventually became a king. They might be highlighting those parts of his character this time around.

I can't believe NBV chose Leno over Conan either, bastards! But that was truly one of the most epic last episodes of a show ever. My hat is off to Mr. Obrien, truly the most classy (& funny) man of late night.

Yeah, but can that guy act?

Seriously, if this director had any sense, he'd ask you nicely if you'd be the new Conan instead of casting this tool. But then again, this is the dude who directed Pathfinder, so...

I heard they used his body as a double for Arnie in Terminator: Salvation - Pudzianowski's body with Arnold's head CG'd to it? ... Or was it another case of "they were going to use Pudzianowski but instead they used...XXX" ??

In any case - I think this Pudzianowski dude just has a really lousy agent in the US. I mean - he seems to be on the short list for every action movie where there's anybody muscle bound...but he never actually gets the part.

I can't believe it's due to his bad english or poor acting skills because...you know...umm...Arnie's beginnings were...humble in that regard too.

Maybe they just plan on giving Conan...a lot of lines? ...

* DOUSHEBAG ALERT *

The word barbarian originated in the ancient Greek city states as a means to describe their Persian adversaries. Because the Greeks were unfamiliar with the Persian language, it supposedly sounded like "bar bar bar" to them, hence the word barbarian was born.

* THIS HAS BEEN A PUBLIC SERVICE DOUSHEBAG ANNOUNCEMENT!@ *

That might be the source for it, but later a "barbarian" was just anybody who wasn't Greek - any foriegner....I think.

Hmm... let's see, how is a European guy probably with minimal English language skills and no acting experience going to star in a mov.... never mind.

Yeah - what he said.

That's the point, Howard never described Conan as a 280-300lb body builder. He always described Conan as powerful man from years of hard work but never as the biggest guy on the planet. His Conan was also agile and lithe and described him more like a panther or tiger than a hulking bull. But I agree that one pic makes him look a little fruity. Here's a better one.

Who cares what the description was? Arnie made Conan in the public mind. Now I guess they want to remake him. That dude needs to buff up.

I dunno. I guess I'm just old. Maybe we are all out of touch?

And since everybody's posting their pics and comparing themselves to this dude - here's me.

Nowhere near A1 status - but I've only been working out for like...six months now...and I had and have a LOT of fat to burn and a long ways to go :)

2chb708.jpg

But I would still argue I look more rugged than Pretty Boy Conan the BoyToy LoveDoll who looks like he had a gig with the Back Street Boys prior to getting the role as Conan :p

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

I can't believe NBV chose Leno over Conan either, bastards! But that was truly one of the most epic last episodes of a show ever. My hat is off to Mr. Obrien, truly the most classy (& funny) man of late night.

You are damned right! I've watched Conan since college, and I am really sad to see him go. Corporate America is so screwed up. Why do they keep rewarding those who are stupid and letting go the truly talented ones?

As totally off topic as that is...I'll also throw my hat in behind Conan. I always thought he was loads funnier than Jay. In fact, I never thought Jay or Letterman were funny.

Pete

In terms of more to less funny, my opinion:

Jay > Conan > Letterman > Any goatsh!t from Fox.

NBC's decision to choose Jay instead of Conan was a great choice. . .

FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!!!!!!!!!

Back on topic: was Dwane Johnson too busy making the Tooth Fairy to take this role?

Sorry but Arnie's portrayal is so ingrained in the public's consciousness, that it's hard to imagine Conan as anything but stocky and a little more bulked up.

Well, for the fact that we're living in a world where the average person thinks Transformers 2 is a great movie, and Avatar is the film of a lifetime, what do you expect?

This new Conan movie is aimed at the same type of people who watch Jersey Shore.

Well, for the fact that we're living in a world where the average person thinks Transformers 2 is a great movie, and Avatar is the film of a lifetime, what do you expect?

This new Conan movie is aimed at the same type of people who watch Jersey Shore.

Masochists, I take it?

You are damned right! I've watched Conan since college, and I am really sad to see him go. Corporate America is so screwed up. Why do they keep rewarding those who are stupid and letting go the truly talented ones?

Corporate America didn't cause millions of viewers to flee the Tonight Show when Conan took over. Even I stopped watching him, his watered down show sucked. Either you stay completely safe like Leno or you go balls out like Conan used to do and like Craig, The True King of Late Night , continues to do.

franco-columbu.jpg

I nominate Franco Columbu to be Conan. Sure he's older now, but he hung with Arnie and even played a Terminator in the first film.

I remember that dude! He was the Terminator in the "flash-forward" dream sequence that Sarah had about Reece's future! That's him? He was pals with Arnold? That's cool!! Man do I miss the 80s for stuff like this!! Dag- the days when Transformers were Transformers, Cobra Commnader was a used car salesman and Arnold was king of action films!!

Sadly- this is a very good point. I think what explains it is that you're getting a new audience - people who NEVER saw the old science fiction flicks we grew up with and so their scope of comparisson is smaller.

I'm sure that to our grandfather's, our science fiction tastes were also clouded by our total ignorance of whatever was popular in the 50s and 60s...

Corporate America didn't cause millions of viewers to flee the Tonight Show when Conan took over. Even I stopped watching him, his watered down show sucked. Either you stay completely safe like Leno or you go balls out like Conan used to do and like Craig, The True King of Late Night , continues to do.

Well... I only watched Conana when I was in college and I remember back then he was great - but that was 10 years ago so...admitedly my opinion is not current :)

Pete

Agent One is going to tear us apart with his bare hands for hijacking the thread :lol:

I am keeping a list of you mutherfukers. Can't WAIT to start discussing what I do with my toenail clippings in your favorite threads.

It must be nice being a moderator, being able to get past the language filter. B));)

hell frakking yeah!

Actually I've been wanting to get rid of it... I think its stupid... we all know what we're all saying except for the people that actually can't get thru spelling.

QFT.

Late Night with Conan O'Brien was my favorite late night talk show. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno was never as funny as Conan, but it felt... I don't know, comfortable.

The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien was never as funny as Late Night, and it just seemed awkward. Like Conan was trying really hard not to be Leno, but not to be Late Night Conan at the same time.

In terms of more to less funny, my opinion:

Jay > Conan > Letterman > Any goatsh!t from Fox.

Late Night Conan was funnier than Jay, but I liked Jay better than Tonight Show Conan, as I've said above. I agree that both are better than Letterman, but I disagree that Letterman is better than anyone. Seriously, Letterman was never funny in my opinion, and since getting passed over for the Tonight Show he just seemed bitter. Lately, that bitter has morphed into downright nasty.

And besides, it may have been short lived, and it may have only been on Saturday nights, but Talkshow with Spike Feresten was funny. That's at least one "goatshit from Fox" that's better than not just Letterman, but Leno.

I just notice something important.... this chick is in serious need of an orthodontic surgeon. OMG the exposed gum line has the same height as her teeth.

I like how that is what you take away from my post. :lol:

Anyway, it's not like he can see her gums from that angle. ;)